Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199531 - 02/23/07 09:07 PM Re: The Satanic Bible... (help) [Re: bondag]
gen Offline

Loc: philippines
where can i avail a satanic bible????? pls help me... i really want to read this book... im very interested....

#199532 - 02/23/07 09:49 PM Sorry [Re: gen]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Sorry but you are not allowed to click here.

That would be too easy!

#199533 - 02/25/07 12:23 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
BakaMatt Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
When I first read the Satanic Bible I remember immediately after i was done with it I went to the CoS website. The first thing that I saw was the Goat of Mendes looking straight through me. I couldn't remember any type of animal looking at me that way before in my life. I have made a conscious decision today to look at everyone I meet in that manner.

#199534 - 02/25/07 02:12 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

Even in primary school, I hated religion.

You know, I didn't actually hate religious studies; it always fascinated me. In fact, most things interested me at that age, I just wasn't taught in a way that was, in itself, interesting.

But with religion, I wondered how so many people could be intellectually coerced into doing something that they didn't necessarily agree with on all the basic levels. I found that an understanding of conventional religion was always helpful in understanding people per se and, subsequently, getting them to do what I wanted them to do.

Naturally, this continues into my current life.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#199535 - 02/25/07 02:18 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Rene]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

And this applies to social acceptance as well. At some point along the way, every child starts asking qoestions about why things are the way they are, what is accaptable and why.

The real problem is that social ideals are often dictated by religious ones; and this will continue until church is seperated from State (see Dr. LaVey's "Pentagonal Revisionism").

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#199536 - 02/25/07 04:05 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
warriorgod9 Offline

Loc: Washington
As much as having a text that allowed so many abstract ideals to become concrete for me, and having a name to put to my then developing views, I was glad to know that a man as simply eloquent as LaVey shared my opinions of life and society.
Though it was a sense of validation that LaVey and others felt the same way, the Satanic Bible also confirmed to me that I don't need the validation of others to define me or my sense of self worth.
Hail Satan.
A part of my character has often made things more complicated than they are. LaVey tore through rhetoric with lion's teeth and the bones of man's nature were laid bare to me. He supplied an equation for seeing things the way they are. With desire and self-determination some men and women can develop this power. This is one of my continuing endeavors, thanks in part to the Satanic Bible. The rest is up to the individual.
Hail LaVey.
Of course when I start answering a question like this one it becomes evident that a dynamic work like the Satanic Bible has the power to continually effect me as my understanding of myself and those around me grows.

#199537 - 02/25/07 09:34 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
uncivil_serpent Offline

Loc: alabama
My life was in deepest bowels of the filthiest latrine imaginable. After reading The Satanic Bible I was quite pleased to find that it was a book of reason and logic, and it showed me who I really was, the person I had lost to the mindless droning of the world around me. But in the time that has followed my "self" has blazed more proudly than ever. Reading that book was the best decision I've ever made in my life, second only to the descision of following it.

Praise the flesh!
Hail Satan!
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Hail Satan!

#199538 - 02/25/07 09:38 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: uncivil_serpent]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

My life was in deepest bowels of the filthiest latrine imaginable.

Yuck.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#199539 - 02/25/07 10:09 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: uncivil_serpent]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
You know, I just don't get it.

I've seen people say things like "until I read The Satanic Bible, my life was shit," or "when I read The Satanic Bible, I realized that my life was going down the shitter."

Frankly, if all that is true, I don't really consider said person a Satanist, because a Satanist wouldn't likely be in the metaphorical 'shitter of life'.

Call me crazy, but I think that finding yourself in the words of The Satanic Bible, doesn't equate to finding salvation.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#199540 - 02/25/07 03:42 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Ranida Offline

Loc: Budapest, Hungary
My first thoughts after reading the book:

1, This is it, Iím finally home.

2, Oh dam it I must call myself a Satanist from now on.

3, I hate wearing black. Do I need to? Who cares, I wont (out of the ritual chamber of course)

#199541 - 02/25/07 04:06 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Poetaster]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
I agree completely. While mistakes can happen and one might be unlucky enough to get into such a bad situation, The Satanic Bible is not the light to guide you out of it.

A Satanist would solve their problems even if they were not aware of The Satanic Bible.

#199542 - 02/25/07 09:10 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
uncivil_serpent Offline

Loc: alabama
Ok maybe I wasn't clear in my wording. I didn't find "salvation", I found a slap in the face that brought me back to reality. And by "following" I mean learning from and applying to general situations. And no matter what precations one takes, life can always find itself in the proverbial shitter rather quickly.

Hail Satan!
Praise my Ego!
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Hail Satan!

#461750 - 10/07/11 02:13 PM Re: Christian teachings [Re: Isabel23]
DarkEther Offline

Loc: Somewhere, CA USA

I am not Anti-Christian either... I think you might have got the wrong idea of what I was trying to say.

HS!!

#461767 - 10/07/11 05:49 PM Re: Christian teachings [Re: DarkEther]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: DarkEther
I think you might have got the wrong idea of what I was trying to say.

Gee, thanks for resurrecting this thread to clarify something that was posted almost five years ago. crazy

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#464794 - 11/27/11 04:04 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
My_Charge Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Believe it or not, the very first time I read the Satanic Bible I got mad. The reason: it took me this long of dealing with shit before I came across someone of great import! I mean it was out long before I was born (1972) and I just got a copy in 2008!! Talk about blinders on.

HS

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements