Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#199470 - 11/02/06 03:40 AM The Satanic Bible
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Wiltshire,UK
I've just finished my first reading , It's like an electric shock to my being ! truth in every line ,how did it affect others ?

HS

M

#199471 - 11/02/06 03:46 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DonVamp Offline
Tough Guy

Loc: Queens nyc
i read it years ago and have always been rereading since then.
it basically opened my mind abit more.

#199472 - 11/02/06 03:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
It eventually resulted in my screen name turning blue.

In all seriousness, I could not thank Dr. LaVey enough for doing what he did.

Edited by xDravenx (11/02/06 03:58 AM)

#199473 - 11/02/06 04:06 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DonVamp]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

it's been like a flash of illumination in my brain , already started the second reading!

HS

M

#199474 - 11/02/06 04:08 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Mr_47]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

I'm going the same way , I've sent in my declaration to the Church this week, now i wait !
HS
Martin

#199475 - 11/02/06 05:31 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
After reading it completely for the first time I seem to remember experiencing a quite intense, mixed, and, in some ways, conflicting set of emotions.

I felt happy that I had just found out that indeed I was a Satanist, as I had suspected, and that in someway I had found my 'Home' after years of exploring Buddhism and Paganism.

On the other hand I remember feeling a sense of fear - How would I use this new found knowledge, How would it affect my interactions with my family and friends, What would they do if they found out?

I also felt excited, as I realised that this new found wisdom was the key I had been searching for that could unlock the dormant potentialities I knew lay within me, but had never had the balls or courage to tap into....

I still try to reread it regularly, and each time pick up something new. I started another run through of it a couple of weeks ago and this time am deliberately taking it slowly, sometimes only reading a section every few days, which is a different approach for me - all previous readings of it were done cover to cover in a few days max. This change of reading style was a conscious choice just to see if ruminating over small sections at a time yealded any different insights!

#199476 - 11/02/06 05:41 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DarkApollyon]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Yes , i felt/feel many of the same things now , not sure if it's fear/excitement/ life force ..... it is intoxiacating in a way

HS

M

#199477 - 11/02/06 06:57 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
To me in came in slowly, before the first reading I had gathered some knowledge and was very interested, by the time I finished reading I felt confused and indifferent to before. I felt that I was close to the reflection in the book but over the weeks after finishing it I studied satanism more and reread the whole book several times until I became a full blown Satanist and what I thought to be wrong became right, it was then my apprehenseion disappeared and well, someday my screename will hopefully turn blue like DravenX.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#199478 - 11/02/06 07:10 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
And as has been said before, I have read, read and re-read the Satanic Bible, each time gaining new knowledge and theories.

Upon my first reading, it was like a shock to the brain. It was amazing that someone had preconceived a great many peoples thoughts, and wrote them down in a book...

#199479 - 11/02/06 07:10 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I felt like I was home.

#199480 - 11/02/06 07:11 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Biff]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Hope mine turns blue soon too !

#199481 - 11/02/06 07:57 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Mr_47]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

In all seriousness, I could not thank Dr. LaVey enough for doing what he did.

agreed 100%

Nice to see you so excited.
It's quite the eye opener to discover yourself like this.

I read the Satanic Bible the first time as a young pip and I was just the same. Mixed emotions and thoughts and over charged with energy, wanting to scream from joy.

Have re-read it a dozen times since then as well as Dr LaVey's other books. You never stop studying and applying Satanism in your life. Thats the great thing about it.

HS!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#199482 - 11/02/06 08:26 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

It was as if I went down to sip from a pond and as I looked upon my reflection, behold! I was a lion and roared!

#199483 - 11/02/06 08:52 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: tekku]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

sounds like a plan to me !

If i weren't a 'born' Satanist by character , then it would be overwhelming! All I have to do now is dump the indocrintated 'guilt' crap and get on with being my own redeemer!

HAIL SATAN

M

#199484 - 11/02/06 09:03 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

cheers, it was given me by a swedish punk friend , bondage & punk
my other two great loves ! the more I think about it they fit perfectly in with being a Satanist ......rebelliion and perversion for my own gratification

#199485 - 11/02/06 09:08 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DickSteele]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

I am home too!

#199486 - 11/02/06 09:27 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Good for you!
Enjoy!

Church of Satan

#199487 - 11/02/06 09:34 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: tekku]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

well bad for me i hope!

#199488 - 11/02/06 09:36 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

well bad for me i hope!

bad?
perhaps im missing something in translation here?

Church of Satan

#199489 - 11/02/06 09:37 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DickSteele]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

I felt like I was home.

Exactly how I put it!
Reading it was like coming back home after a long hard journey.
I had a lot of mixed emotions. I think I was upset at myself for leaving home in the first place. But the cliché is true; you don't know what you've got till it's gone. And it felt damn good to get it back.

Like most people here, I read the Satanic bible a few times over, and each time I reached greater depths…
I'm defiantly better than I was before I came across Satanism.
Not because I changed myself, on the contrary- because I finally accepted myself.
I stopped conditioning my happiness.. I stopped conditioning my love for myself. I got rid of invalid illusions and came to realize so many truths about who I truly am.

Am I the only one who slapped herself [at least once] on the forehead while reading the SB, saying "how the hell didn't I realize this before?!"? =D
I guess I would reach all those conclusions myself, eventually, but I'm very glad (to say the least) I had the guidance.

BTW- I usually don't get so emotional, it's my demonic writing- I swear =P

Hail Satan!

#199490 - 11/02/06 09:40 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: tekku]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

just trying to be a smart arse on the whole good/evil bad thing
been a long day!

#199491 - 11/02/06 09:44 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The_Lightning]
bondag Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Not because I changed myself, on the contrary- because I finally accepted myself.
I stopped conditioning my happiness.. I stopped conditioning my love for myself. I got rid of invalid illusions and came to realize so many truths about who I truly am.

Am I the only one who slapped herself [at least once] on the forehead while reading the SB, saying "how the hell didn't I realize this before?!"? =D
I guess I would reach all those conclusions myself, eventually, but I'm very glad (to say the least) I had the guidance.

BTW- I usually don't get so emotional, it's my demonic writing- I swear =P

Hail Satan!

Couldn't have put it better! tired of sneaking around, apologising, giving and not getting

HAIL SATAN

M

#199492 - 11/02/06 09:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

ahh ok
that just flew right over the top of my head...
I totally missed that..been a long day for me as well..

Church of Satan

#199493 - 11/02/06 10:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Well, I thought:

“This is as practical, as daring and as real as you ever whished for in your dreams. This is it.”

Real world does require high standards and sharp vision to turn magic, not a pair of coloured glasses.

HS
october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#199494 - 11/02/06 11:28 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
OBh Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

It's like an electric shock to my being ! truth in every line

I let some of my friends and those close to me read a copy of my satanic bible too and their first reaction is always fear and/or confusion, next is like the quote above... just like I did!

One thing is Dr. La Vey's writing makes you available to practice those things which are stuck only in your dreams or thoughts because of maybe you're afraid in the first place. Expanding your horizon should not be a thing to be afraid of. It is a sin though, a sin that we must do!

#199495 - 11/02/06 09:25 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Midorisan Offline

Loc: Midwestern USA
My SB is on order. I've been lurking here for days, reading posts. I keep waiting --hoping??-- to read something that will persuade me I'm wasting my time, this is sophmoric, naive, cruel, stupid, whatever. But the more I read, the more I feel compelled to read more. Very, very, very interesting.

Maybe what I hope for in LaVey is permmision? A "note from my parents" to allow me to be me? Or. Maybe what I seek is a peer group?? Others otherwise formerly browbeat into denying who they are, their "lights hidden under bushels" as the xians say so ironically, worried a bit about whether they are crazy, bad or just plain wrong?

Not a crutch. But some confirmation.

Caution is wise in a world filled with knaves and fools. But too much caution and what do we accomplish? So. Here I am. My SB is on order, I've registered here, and it will be interesting to see what happens next.

I hope the SB enlightens, confounds and delivers for me. I guess I hope it allows me to set myself free. So far, after reading pretty mucdh everything available online, it feels like the adverts say: "born to it."

Tell you what, folks. Just reading the stuff you have posted has done some subtle and yet-to-be-fully-processed good things for me.

So. Thank you for letting me lurk. HS to you, and we shall see about me.

#199496 - 11/02/06 09:32 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
TheAbysmal Offline

Like looking into a mirror for the first time.

Refuse to die.

#199497 - 11/03/06 01:53 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Midorisan]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> what I hope for in LaVey is permmision? A "note from my parents" to allow me to be me? <<

You are already looking at it from the wrong perspective. Why do you need Dr. LaVey to grant you permission to be you? If you can't do that for yourself no one can do it for you.

>> I hope the SB enlightens, confounds and delivers for me <<

If it enlightens that can be considered a good thing. If it confounds you, as it does so many, there could be a problem.

Happy reading.

#199498 - 11/03/06 05:26 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Grima Offline

Loc: Netherlands
I remember having very conflicting feelings at first; the socially acceptable christian behaviour versus the normal human feelings were at war in my mind.
After a whole day of debating in my head I finally thought "this was what I was thinking all along but was afraid to admit to myself because of years of brainwashing".
After reading it for the second time I made the decision to actively change my life into what I wanted instead of what others expected.
I'm proud of myself and where I am today and all thanks to one man who had the guts to say what he wanted to.
The Satanic Bible is truly the opposite of the bible; it offers true freedom instead of mindless subservience. That understanding, that it is YOU who is in control of your life and not some unknown power, is a huge rush when it first comes to you.

#199499 - 11/03/06 10:38 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Midorisan Offline

Loc: Midwestern USA
Good point. I did not mean it literally.

In the context of this thread, and of why I am eager to read the SB, and what I expect to find...well, at the very least it is obvious I have substantial expectations.

And in light of the many comments I read here where people express a sense of finding or rediscovering themselves after reading the SB, I don't find it too disturbing or off-track to think about reading Dr. LaVey in terms of a sense of "permission" that it is ok to be who we always knew we were.

Maybe "permission" is the wrong word? We already are who we are, obviously.

But your point is well taken. Thank you.

#199500 - 11/03/06 11:17 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Everytime I read The Satanic Bible, I look on the back cover at Dr. LaVey's picture and say, "Wow man. You are one brilliant motherfucker! Thank you!"

HS!

#199501 - 11/03/06 12:00 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Midorisan]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
Others otherwise formerly browbeat into denying who they are, their "lights hidden under bushels" as the xians say so ironically, worried a bit about whether they are crazy, bad or just plain wrong?

Damn, that sounds familiar.

I wouldn't say that I was ever "browbeat", but my parents were about as intellectual as you could expect from Southern Baptists. As a child I couldn't identify their circular arguments and logical fallacies, so I thought there must've been something wrong with me that I didn't see things the same way as they did.

It wasn't until my teens that I realized that I was able to accomplish more by doing things my own way than by trying to force myself to be like others. By then I figured that if that's what it took for me to get things done, that's how I was going to live. I stopped caring whether or not I was insane and started making something of my life. Three cheers for pragmatism!

Although I continue to make jokes alluding to the probability that I'm completely off my rocker, reading The Satanic Bible helped me to realize that compared to most people, I'm actually rather sane.

Maybe it'll do the same for you.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#199502 - 11/03/06 02:36 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

Although I continue to make jokes alluding to the probability that I'm completely off my rocker, reading The Satanic Bible helped me to realize that compared to most people, I'm actually rather sane.

You say 'sociopath' like it's a bad thing.

#199503 - 11/08/06 07:11 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

Yes, I remember having a very similar realization myself!!!

#199504 - 11/08/06 12:46 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DarkApollyon]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
In highschool my best friend and I often joked that we were the only sane ones in a crazy world.

#199505 - 11/09/06 07:07 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
ModernTantalus Offline

My first read through didn't evoke any special strong feelings. I know that's a bit of a let down. All the ideas expressed by LaVey were things that I had felt or known for years. It wasn't like a major epiphany for me, but more like coming home. Now and then I move away from Satanism. People on this board who recognize me from the past know that I sometimes disappear for months at a time, but I keep coming back. That's because ever since I read TSB I've known that this is where I belong.

#199506 - 11/12/06 03:20 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: DarkApollyon]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
One simple word sums it up for me.

Revelation.

After reading the SB I felt a sense of awe and shock.

The SB changed my life (or brought it out into the open) if you will.

It is quite telling when you are reading something and agree with EVERY point and say 'yes, yes! Someone WHO UNDERSTANDS'!

When Anton penned the SB he did so because he could find no other material on the subject.

There were no 'books'. There was nothing that matched up to the works in his mind and so, he sat down (admittidly not an author) and yet ingeniously wrote a book that anyone with two brain cells could understand and put to use.

I cannot thank him enough for this. I don't believe that ANYONE ever will be able to thank him enough.

HS!

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#199507 - 11/12/06 06:44 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

I wouldn't say that I was ever "browbeat", but my parents were about as intellectual as you could expect from Southern Baptists.

Quote:

As a child I couldn't identify their circular arguments and logical fallacies, so I thought there must've been something wrong with me that I didn't see things the same way as they did.

I suggest this is common to most children. What I mean, is that the vast majority of young and impressionable children in the world must see the logical inconsistency with religious practice. The problem, is that they go along with it, anyway. I should imagine that this is where the born Satanist doesn't follow, doesn't merely accept, doesn't stop cynically questioning that which doesn't make sense.

Quote:

Three cheers for pragmatism!

At least!

Quote:

I don't mind if I'm insane, look at how many sane people lack any kind of productivity. As the opposite, they can call me whatever they like.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#199508 - 11/12/06 07:04 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

The problem, is that they go along with it, anyway. I should imagine that this is where the born Satanist doesn't follow, doesn't merely accept, doesn't stop cynically questioning that which doesn't make sense.

That is true. Even in primary school, I hated religion. My primary school was a Christian school, one lunch time I was playing up to the teachers and I decided to baptise myself with blackcurrant juice in front of the entire school. The outrage was tremendous... Needless to say I got detentions...

#199509 - 11/12/06 09:12 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Rene Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

I suggest this is common to most children. What I mean, is that the vast majority of young and impressionable children in the world must see the logical inconsistency with religious practice. The problem, is that they go along with it, anyway. I should imagine that this is where the born Satanist doesn't follow, doesn't merely accept, doesn't stop cynically questioning that which doesn't make sense.

Agreed... And this applies to social acceptance as well. At some point along the way, every child starts asking qoestions about why things are the way they are, what is accaptable and why. It is at that moment somthing happens. One can simply accept the awnsers provided by those aroynd you or keep searching for an alternative awnser. I never seemed to, or wantet to "fit in" just begause everybody else did. If everybody went right, i would try to go left. (and this way you pick up some bruces along the way.) But as a child, its somtimes hard to realise that there´s a different approach to life, then dictated by the status quo. You somtimes need somthing or someone to open your eyes. For me that happened by reading the SB. But at that point i guess that i already had put my learnd tabu´s behind me..
And so i keep on reading and exploring....
Television is there to keep you impedent. Television is like taking black paint to your eyes. (Bill Hicks.) I need no pendants round my neck, nor any signs on my wall. My true power is my ability to listen to my deepest desires, and see them forfilled...

#199510 - 11/12/06 02:03 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
InquiringTruth Offline

I think Magus Peter H. Gilmore best described in his introduction the emotion I felt while reading Dr. LaVey's Satanic Bible. I felt the "evocation of an overwhelming sense of homecoming".

I can describe my reading of the Satanic Bible as reading the thoughts of my own mind. Each concept and principle so familiar.

Nothing has changed about my thoughts after reading the Satanic Bible. The only thing that had changed is that I had come to know a more suitable label to express my thoughts. Before I thought myself to be a realist, but now I know myself to be a Satanist.

Hail Satan!

#199511 - 11/12/06 05:45 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
roxana Offline

Loc: texas, usa
Hello. Today I changed. I'm not a slave anymore. I accept that I'm human and I'll react to it. No guilt and no fears. I'm here to learn. I got my life back. This is what I've been looking for. I found it in the Satanic Bible. Roxxy

#199512 - 11/12/06 06:41 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
BlueHeeler Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I first read The Satanic Bible nearly two years ago. I realised that all my life I had been living the lifestyle of a Satanist in regards to my philosophy on life (and death) and like many have said before, it was like a home coming. It was a mild revelation, to see there are others that think the same way.

I initially had conflict though. Part of me was thinking, this is who you are, where you belong, the path you should follow. However, after 26 years of society's brainwashing against this type of thinking and belief told me not to go with what I thought was right. I re-read The Satanic Bible about 4 months ago. I am now living exactly the way I choose, I am living life in line with The Satanic Bible and am now happier with who I am than ever.

Like many have said before. I feel truly free.

#199513 - 11/12/06 06:44 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: roxana]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Great news. Make your required introductory post and welcome aboard.

#199514 - 11/15/06 08:16 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Murderous_Love Offline

I also have just finished reading the Satanic Bible. It was a very interesting book that made a lot of sense and made so many good points. It helped me in a way. I finally have something to believe in and go by. It was a very good book. I've been into Satanism for a while and I am now going to purchase "The Satanic Rituals"
Is it just a book of rituals? Or does it have more information on Satanism?

#199515 - 11/15/06 08:28 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Murderous_Love]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I finally have something to believe in and go by.

Just a quick question for you.

You stated that you now have something to believe in and go by.

Did you always believe in what you read in the SB and now have something to 'relate' to ie. 'a name to give what you have always thought and felt' and have always known and followed naturally?

When I read the SB I finally had something concrete that mirrored what I had always felt and practiced already. What I FINALLY had was a 'name' to personalize/associate this nature with.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#199516 - 11/15/06 11:55 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Evil_Eve]
Murderous_Love Offline

Yes, I have always believed what I read in the SB and it is something I can to relate to. I should have been more clear on my response sorry about that. I have just started learning about this and it's very interesting to me. Good question by the way.

#199517 - 11/15/06 12:45 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Evil_Eve]
RoySinister Offline

Loc: Fargo ND
Quote:

Quote:

I finally have something to believe in and go by.

Just a quick question for you.

You stated that you now have something to believe in and go by.

Did you always believe in what you read in the SB and now have something to 'relate' to ie. 'a name to give what you have always thought and felt' and have always known and followed naturally?

When I read the SB I finally had something concrete that mirrored what I had always felt and practiced already. What I FINALLY had was a 'name' to personalize/associate this nature with.

The same question came to my mind when I read your statement. I spent a number of years as a jaded, self loathing athiest, naysaying to those who had any belief or faith. How dare they come around with their self-rightous, born again smiles. I sought the CoS website to learn more about the Adversary of the one they held so dear.
I read the Satanic Statements, and it scared me to see that in those statements, my life or the quest of my life was all there. My eternal search for answers, this was the beging of fruition for all the years I suffered to understand why I was going to hell. That's hard for a child to deal with.
Part of my programing started to seep in and I got scared. Like standing on the abyss, to the right, damnation for my questioning gOd. To The Left, all I could see to the Left was the possibility to understand. Finding an ounce of truth, in the sea of lies I had been accosted with since birth.
I purchased and read the Satanic Bible nine years ago. What stood out to me was that I didn't have to change who I was. I just had to take responsibility for who and what I was. Since then I have enjoyed great success.

The Satanic Bible is NOT a self-help book. It is the steel to your flint. What you do with is up to you.

To quote the Man himself, "What you see may not always please you; but you WILL SEE!" ASL

Ever Forward
Roy Sinister

#199518 - 11/15/06 03:12 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Murderous_Love]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Yes, I have always believed what I read in the SB and it is something I can to relate to. I should have been more clear on my response sorry about that. I have just started learning about this and it's very interesting to me. Good question by the way.

Another question for you. Who are you? What are you hobbies? Your interest? Are you a Gemini who enjoys long walks on the beach? Do you enjoy star gazing? Do you have any talents? I read your bio which was not much to go on. I enjoy the piano too but that doesn't tell me a great deal about you.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#199519 - 11/15/06 06:45 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Virus9]
travellingkali Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:

It wasn't until my teens that I realized that I was able to accomplish more by doing things my own way than by trying to force myself to be like others. By then I figured that if that's what it took for me to get things done, that's how I was going to live. I stopped caring whether or not I was insane and started making something of my life. Three cheers for pragmatism!

oh soooo true. as long as i tried to fit myself into a pattern accepted by society, everything in mmy life seemed or turned out to be a big faliure...
as a kid i was really sad to be different, because i didnt even know why i was never like the other kids. and i felt simply alone.
today i know that i need to stick completly to my true personality, regardless of what the "society" might think.
and now - im still strange to many people, but many seem to like what i represent today in my personality, and (life-)style...
And i ll never forget one of my favourite quotes from dr la vey:
"there is a beast inside man, that should be exercised - not exorcised"

#199520 - 11/16/06 01:26 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
baby Offline

Loc: Canada
I can't wait untill I get mine, I'm looking forward to reading it

#199521 - 11/19/06 03:48 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
torturedsoul Offline

Loc: Egypt
The satanic bible was the enlightenment that led me to the darkness.

#199522 - 11/19/06 04:05 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: torturedsoul]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Somebody flick the light switch.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#199523 - 11/19/06 05:14 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: gypsy]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Somebody flick the light switch.

Help! I can't find it, arghhhhh!

#199525 - 11/27/06 03:06 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
DarkEther Offline

Loc: Somewhere, CA USA
The Satanic Bible was an intellectual awakening. It was also good to scrap the psyche clear of any Chirstian teachings that were embedded in our minds.

#199526 - 11/27/06 07:01 PM Christian teachings [Re: DarkEther]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Quote:

The Satanic Bible was an intellectual awakening.

It certainly can be! What a great feeling to finally get your thoughts organized and focused!

Quote:

It was also good to scrap the psyche clear of any Chirstian teachings that were embedded in our minds.

Assuming you wanted to scrape and not scrap your psyche, the continued focus on things Christian is counter productive.

Having your priorities clear, and then deciding whether any particular thought habit is useful for you or not works much better than worrying whether the habit is a part (or not) of Christian teachings.

The former requires knowledge of the most important person in your life -- you. The latter requires knowing a lot more than you probably want to about Christianity.

I am a Satanist, not an anti-Christian.

#199527 - 12/10/06 10:18 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Callier]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

i was lucky in that i read The Satanic Bible at a relatively young age. it came at the time of my life when i was turning from a child into a man, and thus the subjects addressed in the book were particularly poignant to me. all of the new feelings that i was experiencing at the time were explained to me in the most honest, frank way possible, and made perfect sense.
with all the confusing nonsense that typically surrounds a teenageer, this provided me with an oasis of calm common sense.
to say that The Satanic Bible changed my life for the better is an understatement.
it is this no- nonsense common sense approach that makes the book so compelling, and it is hardly surprising that it is still just as relevant to me today as it was back then.

#199528 - 12/24/06 05:16 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Isabel23]
blaskhyrk Offline

Loc: Poland
I've read this book many ears before. It is very good and smart book for people who are seeing the truth, the way of freedom and strong indiwiduals. This book help me a lot to understand the satanic philosophy, every day i am reading some parts of the Bible.

Edited by blaskhyrk (12/24/06 05:16 PM)

#199529 - 12/25/06 12:19 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Daigon Offline

Loc: United States
When I was younger I searched through almost every possible religion to be thought up, when I came across Satanism I thought to my self..."now thats a bit strange."
After reading the Satanic Bible, I have never looked back; it was an awakening of my spirit and has now shaped my thoughts and actions. I feel that I have grown more spiritualy from reading it and feel that I have become more mature as a person and can now truley begin to live. Its like feeling your heart truley beat within your chest for the first time.

Hail Satan

#199530 - 02/23/07 06:41 PM Re: Christian teachings [Re: Isabel23]
DarkEther Offline

Having your priorities clear, and then deciding whether any particular thought habit is useful for you or not works much better than worrying whether the habit is a part (or not) of Christian teachings.

I was deciding if Satanic Bible was useful to me and I found it so.

#199531 - 02/23/07 09:07 PM Re: The Satanic Bible... (help) [Re: bondag]
gen Offline

Loc: philippines
where can i avail a satanic bible????? pls help me... i really want to read this book... im very interested....

#199532 - 02/23/07 09:49 PM Sorry [Re: gen]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Sorry but you are not allowed to click here.

That would be too easy!

#199533 - 02/25/07 12:23 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
BakaMatt Offline

Loc: Georgia, USA
When I first read the Satanic Bible I remember immediately after i was done with it I went to the CoS website. The first thing that I saw was the Goat of Mendes looking straight through me. I couldn't remember any type of animal looking at me that way before in my life. I have made a conscious decision today to look at everyone I meet in that manner.

#199534 - 02/25/07 02:12 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Even in primary school, I hated religion.

You know, I didn't actually hate religious studies; it always fascinated me. In fact, most things interested me at that age, I just wasn't taught in a way that was, in itself, interesting.

But with religion, I wondered how so many people could be intellectually coerced into doing something that they didn't necessarily agree with on all the basic levels. I found that an understanding of conventional religion was always helpful in understanding people per se and, subsequently, getting them to do what I wanted them to do.

Naturally, this continues into my current life.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#199535 - 02/25/07 02:18 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Rene]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

And this applies to social acceptance as well. At some point along the way, every child starts asking qoestions about why things are the way they are, what is accaptable and why.

The real problem is that social ideals are often dictated by religious ones; and this will continue until church is seperated from State (see Dr. LaVey's "Pentagonal Revisionism").

#199536 - 02/25/07 04:05 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
warriorgod9 Offline

Loc: Washington
As much as having a text that allowed so many abstract ideals to become concrete for me, and having a name to put to my then developing views, I was glad to know that a man as simply eloquent as LaVey shared my opinions of life and society.
Though it was a sense of validation that LaVey and others felt the same way, the Satanic Bible also confirmed to me that I don't need the validation of others to define me or my sense of self worth.
Hail Satan.
A part of my character has often made things more complicated than they are. LaVey tore through rhetoric with lion's teeth and the bones of man's nature were laid bare to me. He supplied an equation for seeing things the way they are. With desire and self-determination some men and women can develop this power. This is one of my continuing endeavors, thanks in part to the Satanic Bible. The rest is up to the individual.
Hail LaVey.
Of course when I start answering a question like this one it becomes evident that a dynamic work like the Satanic Bible has the power to continually effect me as my understanding of myself and those around me grows.

#199537 - 02/25/07 09:34 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
uncivil_serpent Offline

Loc: alabama
My life was in deepest bowels of the filthiest latrine imaginable. After reading The Satanic Bible I was quite pleased to find that it was a book of reason and logic, and it showed me who I really was, the person I had lost to the mindless droning of the world around me. But in the time that has followed my "self" has blazed more proudly than ever. Reading that book was the best decision I've ever made in my life, second only to the descision of following it.

Praise the flesh!
Hail Satan!
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Hail Satan!

#199538 - 02/25/07 09:38 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: uncivil_serpent]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

My life was in deepest bowels of the filthiest latrine imaginable.

Yuck.

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#199539 - 02/25/07 10:09 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: uncivil_serpent]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
You know, I just don't get it.

I've seen people say things like "until I read The Satanic Bible, my life was shit," or "when I read The Satanic Bible, I realized that my life was going down the shitter."

Frankly, if all that is true, I don't really consider said person a Satanist, because a Satanist wouldn't likely be in the metaphorical 'shitter of life'.

Call me crazy, but I think that finding yourself in the words of The Satanic Bible, doesn't equate to finding salvation.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#199540 - 02/25/07 03:42 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
Ranida Offline

Loc: Budapest, Hungary
My first thoughts after reading the book:

1, This is it, I’m finally home.

2, Oh dam it I must call myself a Satanist from now on.

3, I hate wearing black. Do I need to? Who cares, I wont (out of the ritual chamber of course)

#199541 - 02/25/07 04:06 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: Poetaster]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
I agree completely. While mistakes can happen and one might be unlucky enough to get into such a bad situation, The Satanic Bible is not the light to guide you out of it.

A Satanist would solve their problems even if they were not aware of The Satanic Bible.

#199542 - 02/25/07 09:10 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
uncivil_serpent Offline

Loc: alabama
Ok maybe I wasn't clear in my wording. I didn't find "salvation", I found a slap in the face that brought me back to reality. And by "following" I mean learning from and applying to general situations. And no matter what precations one takes, life can always find itself in the proverbial shitter rather quickly.

Hail Satan!
Praise my Ego!
"I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]

"Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]

Hail Satan!

#461750 - 10/07/11 02:13 PM Re: Christian teachings [Re: Isabel23]
DarkEther Offline

I am not Anti-Christian either... I think you might have got the wrong idea of what I was trying to say.

HS!!

#461767 - 10/07/11 05:49 PM Re: Christian teachings [Re: DarkEther]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: DarkEther
I think you might have got the wrong idea of what I was trying to say.

Gee, thanks for resurrecting this thread to clarify something that was posted almost five years ago. crazy

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#464794 - 11/27/11 04:04 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
My_Charge Offline

Loc: Virginia, USA
Believe it or not, the very first time I read the Satanic Bible I got mad. The reason: it took me this long of dealing with shit before I came across someone of great import! I mean it was out long before I was born (1972) and I just got a copy in 2008!! Talk about blinders on.

HS

#464795 - 11/27/11 04:09 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: My_Charge]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

The first time I encountered the Satanic Bible was in high school (1996). Another kid I knew had brought it to school for the shock value of it.

I was too chicken shit to read it then.

It wasn't until 2005 (25 years old) that I finally read it and had the same realization as you.

A lot of time waisted.

#464797 - 11/27/11 04:12 PM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: My_Charge]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

While it's nice to see you're reading through the threads, just be aware of the age of the thread before replying.
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#476883 - 07/18/12 04:28 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: bondag]
mexluver2012 Offline

All of Dr s literature are the most cherished books I own however TSB finnally let me see my true inner self. I read and study it every day. It's the most truth full book on life and man.

#477146 - 07/22/12 09:38 AM Re: The Satanic Bible [Re: CWH]
Wolfe
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: CWH
The first time I encountered the Satanic Bible was in high school (1996). Another kid I knew had brought it to school for the shock value of it. I was too chicken shit to read it then. It wasn't until 2005 (25 years old) that I finally read it and had the same realization as you. A lot of time waisted.

I had a similar experience when I first read TSB at age twenty. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but it's appropriate for this thread. At that age I was too ignorant to understand The Satanic Bible, and I associated Satanism with being the polar opposite of Christianity, i.e "devil worship". I grew up being forced to go to a christian church. As A kid, I was called a "walking encyclopedia of biblical knowledge" by the minister, but I was never baptized, for I always knew something wasn't right about it all. I read the book, but I didn't understand it. It's a little embarrassing, but perhaps other people had a similar experience.

It wasn't until later, having gone out into the world and lived a little, that I understood how TSB reflected nature and the world as it truly is. I think that, when approaching Satanism, a certain level of maturity is important. After that realization, I read everything else that was available at that time, and I finally "got it." I remember that time very clearly. It was truly an awakening, and now I can't imagine myself not being a Satanist. Satanism permeates my life, my art and my dealings with others, and the full importance of that is now beginning to manifest itself. And, you know, it feels pretty damned awesome!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12010 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405199 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements