Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#199766 - 11/14/06 07:57 PM Re: The gaps [Re: Evil_Eve]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Indeed mothernature was in control of human evolution. Now it is time for man to play God once again.

The Human Genome Project was a joint scientific project that began in 1990 cooridnated by the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Institutes of Health. The project was supposed to last a span of 15 years but as science progresses funeral by funeral, the effort was completed in 13 years instead.

They now have a blueprint for building a human being. Scientists are now in control of human evolution, if not now they will be soon enough.

I'd also recommend reading More Than Human: Embracing the Promise of Biological Enhancement by Ramez Naam.

#199767 - 11/15/06 06:42 AM Re: The gaps [Re: Unknown]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Indeed mothernature was in control of human evolution. Now it is time for man to play God once again.

The Human Genome Project was a joint scientific project that began in 1990 cooridnated by the U.S. Department of Energy and the National Institutes of Health. The project was supposed to last a span of 15 years but as science progresses funeral by funeral, the effort was completed in 13 years instead.

They now have a blueprint for building a human being. Scientists are now in control of human evolution, if not now they will be soon enough.

I'd also recommend reading More Than Human: Embracing the Promise of Biological Enhancement by Ramez Naam.

fascinating.

I have done some extensive reading/research on the subject of creating human beings and not in the traditional sense either.

I do so love some of the things that I have read in the 'bible'. I love how Satan was referred to in one chapter as the Father of lies and then in another chapter he is seen as a serpent telling Eve that 'You shall be as gods'. Was the serpent lying?

Seems to me that this Satan character mentioned in the bible said the wisest things! We are gods. I am my own god, and when you put a bunch of gods together (who recognize that they ARE indeed GOD)you get results.

Science is a beautiful thing.

I am so fortunate to be living in these times. Ponder this:

If you lived during Colonial times, (or pick another era) would you still be alive at the age you are now?

I myself would be dead as a doornail and would have more than likely died from my apendix bursting at the tender age of 18.

Science is a gift to this world and yet so many discredit FACTS because they cannot let go of FICTIONS they have built in their own minds. Sadly the common man does not appreciate Science.

Instead, many would rather believe that some great mind formed the world in six days and rested on the seventh. That would be easiest wouldn't it? To sit back and hope that something out there will solve your own problems, make you well, feed you and then rush you off to a wonderful place after you have WASTED the very life you were fortunate enough to have in the first place.

I'd like to point out to these people that shrug off Science that when they receive medical attention it's only possible because of Science and not that of an invisible entity that has never provided viable proof of his existence.

We are living in an age like no other.
I expect great things.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#199768 - 11/15/06 08:58 AM Re: Wired Magazine/The New Atheism [Re: Unknown]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

Impossible as ignorance is needed for mankinds survival.

Quote:

So inspite of how stupid the belief in their God may be, mankind has become fully dependent upon this concept.

You are presenting the equation: ignorance* (in the meaning of illogical and unreasonable, as you put it) + religion= survival of human race. (This is, at least, how I understood your post.)
That's not quite right.
Religion [=one's "meaning of life"]= survival of the human race. Stupidity isn't in the equation.
All human beings need a religion to survive.
The difference is, that Satanists choose their beliefs wisely (we choose our own meaning).

*ignorance is "lack of knowledge, education or awareness"
Stupidity is the inability to acquire and\or apply knowledge.
One my be ignorant about many things, and still not be stupid.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements