Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#200202 - 11/05/06 08:58 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I write to amuse myself. I post it to amuse myself with the reactions. I have no more expectation of changing Idiots than I would of getting pieces of excrement to perform calculus.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#200203 - 11/05/06 08:58 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

All the books are as entertaining as they are informative, and bear repeated reading for entertainment value alone, not to mention, like a good movie, there are details you miss even after several readings.

One less excuse for the slackers.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini

#200204 - 11/05/06 09:07 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Fortunately Magister, it is frequently so that when you put up a gallows, the guilty leap into a noose and I can dispose of them.

#200205 - 11/05/06 09:11 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Fortunately Magister, it is frequently so that when you put up a gallows, the guilty leap into a noose and I can dispose of them.

Another good reason!

#200206 - 11/05/06 09:15 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Quote:

Of course the usual suspects will accuse me of being a grouch, or pedantic, or dogmatic, or unimaginative, ad nauseum.

There's something wrong with being a grouch when you're dealing with IDIOTS?

#200207 - 11/05/06 10:15 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

I write to amuse myself. I post it to amuse myself with the reactions.

I can think of no better reason.

Quote:

I have no more expectation of changing Idiots than I would of getting pieces of excrement to perform calculus.

With the excrement, I suspect you'd have more luck.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#200208 - 11/05/06 10:39 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Quote:

All the books are as entertaining as they are informative

I've read The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Witch... I found the second to be alot more entertaining than the first. The Satanic Bible, while thought provoking, seems very angry in tone.
Darkest Dreams, - Willow NightEyes --------------------------------------- ~I don't talk with close-minded people; they tend to harbour brain fungus~ ---------------------------------------- Profesor: Nothing's impossible if you believe it; that's what being a scientist is all about! Kid: Nooo, that's what being a magical elf's all about.

#200209 - 11/05/06 11:06 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Willow_NightEyes]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

The Satanic Bible... seems very angry in tone.

You would be too if you had good reason to feel that you and a select few others were the only members of society worth existing.

I quite enjoyed his "very angry" tone and completely empathize with it.

[Edit: I goofed on spelling.. empathize came out emphasize]

Edited by Drimlybunk (11/05/06 11:11 PM)

#200210 - 11/05/06 11:13 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Willow_NightEyes]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
The Book of Satan is angry, indignant, and raging. But the Book of Lucifer is fun and funny. (Nuns dancing topless to the Missa Solemnis Rock?) The Book of Belial is pretty neutral emotionally; and the Book of Leviathan has rites and invocations that run the gamut of emotion.

Go back and give the whole thing another read-through, and think about where the real "moving parts" and "load-bearing structures" are.

#200211 - 11/05/06 11:16 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Willow_NightEyes]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It sometimes has that feeling, but it also has a "Hell yes!" feeling to it. More than any book I've ever read, including LaVey's other books, reading The Satanic Bible would nearly make me yell out loud in joy.

#200212 - 11/06/06 04:25 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

Magister, you're being grouchy, pedantic, dogmatic and unimaginative.

I not so sure about that.

Magister Svengali's grouchiness is probably some of the best, and truly funny entertainment around here.

I mean, how can it not be hilarious when he says to read seven books to "get the jist" of Satanism, and then this:

Quote:

Of course an idiot who reads all 5 books is still an idiot.

"Satanism demands study, not worship".

... is posted just afterwards.

This is... a Legendary thread.

Oh, and for those that may not have noticed. Satanism also requires basic reading comprehension.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#200213 - 11/06/06 05:21 AM Remember! [Re: Felstorm]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
"Oh, and for those that may not have noticed. Satanism also requires basic reading comprehension."

Literacy is NOT a sign of intelligence!

#200214 - 11/06/06 08:30 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Felstorm]
Unknown Offline

Loc: 611 Calif. St.
It was a mistake, a typing error, a slip of the keyboard. Granted, the timing couldn't have been worse.

Satanism Demands study and not worship!
http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#200215 - 11/06/06 10:16 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
LadyVera Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
Though I don't have time to read all of the responses as of yet, I must say that your posts/writing are my preferred reading over my morning coffee, Magister. Your bluntness tickles me.

Very good writing.

It's a shame, but it's almost guaranteed that most Idiots would never bother reading your post, nor even bother to comprehend what you're saying. They're in it for the image and Satanism at face value... what it will do for their own self-image. They're looking for something to subscribe to (and typically something to tell them what/what not to do), not a philosophy and way of life. When asked to actually think for themselves, most go running for the hills and/or become argumentative. It's just another case of seperating the wheat from the chaff, but it's rather irritating when they decide they're going to hang around a bit and annoy the crap out of you before they realize that we actually don't like them, and are rather "mean" to those we don't like.

Anyway, thank you for the post.
"Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas." -- Dr. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche

#200216 - 11/06/06 10:30 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Unknown]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

It was a mistake, a typing error, a slip of the keyboard. Granted, the timing couldn't have been worse.

Bullshit. It was pure stupidity.

And why, in your profile, have you got a link to Boyd Rice's website as your bio?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404161 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements