Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#200217 - 11/06/06 10:45 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Unknown Offline

Loc: 611 Calif. St.
Quote:

Bullshit. It was pure stupidity.

This is all speculation on your and others part. I own all 7 books, I have made several references to the 2 books which you seemed to think I have neglected to read. Now you can assume all day and all night all you want, that is your right to do so. Now I will admit, I should have reviewed the post before posting it and edited it.

Quote:

And why, in your profile, have you got a link to Boyd Rice's website as your bio?

I enjoy his music and work. Is there something wrong with that? Oh and if it puts you at ease, I changed it to my home page as you were probably going to mention that's the proper area it belongs under.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 10:54 AM)

Satanism Demands study and not worship!
http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#200218 - 11/06/06 11:21 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Unknown]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I own all 7 books <<

In that case it was even more stupid of you to say 5 then , wasn't it.

>> and if it puts you at ease, I changed it to my home page as you were probably going to mention that's the proper area it belongs under. <<

Yes, that puts me at ease. And it's mighty gracious of you.

#200219 - 11/06/06 11:29 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Unknown Offline

Yes UVRay it was stupid for me to say 5.

What I am trying to tell you is that it was a typing error. The digit 5 is not so far from 7. I multitask on the internet quite a bit so on occasion yes, I will make a stupid error. I'll even go one step further and admit, I read the other 5 books more than I read the 2 biographies by Magistra Barton. I think I read each of those 2 books once. So I am sure there is a whole lot of information I have missed and I am making the effort of rereading all of the books again. I am especially going to dig into the 2 historical accounts that have been suggested.

I apologize for this stupid act and will be double sure to use the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" function everytime to avoid such problems.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 11:32 AM)

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#200220 - 11/06/06 12:59 PM HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
I think that your whole exchange could have been prevented by re-reading your post and using this button:

Imagine what a face-saving, time-saving little thing the "Edit" link could have been!

Funny, it was there right in front of you the whole time. The only thing you had to do was look.

But hey, your legs must be tired from all that back-pedaling your doing. Good workout, eh?

Attachments
382045-edit.jpg (31 downloads)

#200221 - 11/06/06 01:33 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: RandomStranger]
Unknown Offline

You are absolutley correct. I also found this little instructional of yours very comical.

By the way, I did go back and edit my post just not quick enough.

The sad thing is is that everyone is making my mistake the primary importance of this thread when it shouldn't be.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 08:48 PM)

#200222 - 11/06/06 02:01 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
Callier Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: On my grind
Quote:

The sad thing is is that everyone is making my mistake the primary importance of this thread when it shouldn't be.

Maybe sad to you but damn sure funny to me.

HS!

#200223 - 11/06/06 02:09 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Callier]
Unknown Offline

Quote:

Maybe sad to you but damn sure funny to me.

Oh I don't deny that there is some humor in all of this. I just don't understand what the problem at hand is anymore.

I edited my post, said on numerous occasions that I made a typing error, and clarified this on more than one occasion. Case closed. People just seem to be taking it farther and farther, why? What is the point? I am getting more than sick of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

Ah well, perhaps I need more time away from my keyboard anyways.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 03:58 PM)

#200224 - 11/06/06 04:56 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Quote:

I am getting more than sick of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

I don't mean to butt in, but you only said "over" five times, I believe you were supposed to say it twice more...

#200225 - 11/06/06 05:03 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Oh I don't deny that there is some humor in all of this. I just don't understand what the problem at hand is anymore.

The problem is that there is a breed of idiot that lives to nitpick pointlessly. Unfortunately there are lots of them in these parts.

It was a typo. Big deal, you explained it, you fixed it and that should have been the end of it. But you made the mistake of responding beyond the first occasion. All else simply encourages the nitpickers to further nitpicking.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#200226 - 11/06/06 05:33 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: MagisterRose]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
They don't have anything worthwhile to say, but have the compulsion to say something anyway.

Another reason why I post these threads; to watch the subsequent parade of idiots making asses of themselves trying to demonstrate that they aren't idiots.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#200227 - 11/06/06 08:51 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: MagisterRose]
Unknown Offline

Quote:

It was a typo. Big deal, you explained it, you fixed it and that should have been the end of it. But you made the mistake of responding beyond the first occasion. All else simply encourages the nitpickers to further nitpicking.

I agree that I did bring alot of it on myself when I didn't have too. Next time I'll make the better choice of shutting up.

#200228 - 11/07/06 12:04 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Felstorm]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

Quote:

Magister, you're being grouchy, pedantic, dogmatic and unimaginative.

I not so sure about that.

I was being sarcastic. I'm sorry if you didn't notice; it's just as well he did.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#200229 - 11/07/06 09:48 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Isabel23]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:

There's something wrong with being a grouch when you're dealing with IDIOTS? [Isabel23]

Reminds me of a button I have on my backpack: "I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter."

Quote:

I have no more expectation of changing Idiots than I would of getting pieces of excrement to perform calculus. [Svengali]

"Let dF/dt equal the change in fly population when the excrement is..." Sorry.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#200230 - 11/07/06 10:10 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:

Anyone who dismisses Magistra Barton's books is shooting themselves in the foot.

I couldn't agree more. What I personally like the most about Church of Satan is how various concepts seen in The Satanic Bible are expanded in a more casual, objective tone. The appendix is great too. Hell I based a website off the movie list.

As for The Secret Life of a Satanist, we are not a personality cult that views LaVey as some sort of flawless prophet, so that's not why the book gets recommended. However the book does reveal the very secular experiences that would eventually lead LaVey to making Satanism a formal religion. It also gives great examples of where Satanic principles have manifested themselves since.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#200231 - 11/08/06 11:43 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Bill_M]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I agree.

SECRET LIFE is more than a biography, it is loaded with extensive direct quotes from Dr. LaVey on a wide variety of topics pertinent to Satanism, the history of Satanism, and Satanic magic.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43651 Topics
404224 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements