Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#200172 - 11/05/06 12:13 PM HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT
To elaborate on the definition from the online dictionary of etymology, the term “idiot” dates from c.1300, "person so mentally deficient as to be incapable of ordinary reasoning," from O.Fr. idiote "uneducated or ignorant person," from L. idiota "ordinary person, layman," in L.L. "uneducated or ignorant person," from Gk. idiotes "layman, person lacking professional skill," lit. "private person," used patronizingly for "ignorant person," from idios "one's own" as in being locked in one’s own mind without reference to an external reality. This is the core of solipsism, stupidity, and ignorance of The Balance Factor.

In Satanism we frequently encounter a specific type of idiot who superficially reads THE SATANIC BIBLE (more often just and article or interview), agrees and identifies with their brief mental snapshot, and proceeds forthwith to assume they are a “natural born Satanist” and everything they think or do is automatically consistent with Satanism.

Usually their mental “arsenal” is more of a dumpster or toybox than an arsenal. They think Satanism is “cool” so in their sloppy inner world, Satanism becomes uncritically identified with anything else their random neural flarings have responded to and identified as “cool.” Thus we have ill-informed Idiots identifying Satanism with the entire spectrum of worthless pop-subcultures, most of which are in direct contradiction to Satanism in substance and form. No matter to The Idiot, as long as he can have his motley half-assed quilt of “cool” bullshit to wrap his feeble little identity in.

Here’s a novel idea; READ THE BOOKS!

This is a demand far exceeding the abilities of the average IDIOT, but I’ll point this out for the very extreme few who are not entirely idiots, or for those who want to make double-dip sure that they aren’t being an Idiot.

There are SEVEN books. That is a tall order for some, but be assured the books are written in clear, direct and non-ambiguous language because they were intended to be understood by the average reader. These are not “esoteric” books. Most of the text is direct and explanitory, written as intended to be understood, not “symbolic” in a way that allows a variety of “interpretations.”

These are the books:

1. THE SATANIC BIBLE by Anton Szandor LaVey
2. THE SATANIC RITUALS by Anton Szandor LaVey
3. THE SATANIC WITCH by Anton Szandor LaVey
4. THE DEVIL’S NOTEBOOK by Anton Szandor LaVey
5. SATAN SPEAKS by Anton Szandor LaVey
6. SECRET LIFE OF A SATANIST by Blanche Barton
7. THE Church of Satan by Blanche Barton

When reading these (or any) book, ask yourself the following questions: What is the book about? How is the book arranged? What is said in each chapter? What arguments are presented? What are the grounds for these arguments or statements? How do these ideas relate to other ideas in the book? How do these books relate to the other books? How to the ideas in these books related to other ideas in the other books? What is being said specifically in each case? What ideas are consistent through all of the books? Etc…….. Ask and answer these questions mentally, or even better, keep a notebook specifically for outlining the content of these books and mapping their relation to each other.

Unfortunately, the real flaming idiots do not have the intellectual ability or stamina to read through this article, much less seven books, or to make sense of them, so they will continue to be an annoyance. But at least those who make the effort to read through these books should be able to recognize what Satanism is actually about, in contrast to the random, ill-informed, and poorly reasoned assertions of IDIOTS.

In the course of this, I’m sure many people will come to realize that they themselves are not Satanists as they once immediately thought. There may be core ideas that many find objectionable, such as elitism, stratification, materialism, responsibility, etc. In which case you have still done yourself a useful service in coming to the realization that YOU ARE NOT A SATANIST, and can stop wasting your own time and ours by trying to insist that you are.

Of course the usual suspects will accuse me of being a grouch, or pedantic, or dogmatic, or unimaginative, ad nauseum. But the fact remains that Satanism is a specific and internally consistent body of thought that is not all-inclusive. Satanism is specific, discriminating, selective, and critical. It is NOT an “anything goes” philosophy.

Anton LaVey went to the trouble of writing his books, maybe you should go to the trouble of actually reading them if you want to call yourself a Satanist.

That is all.

Hail Satan!
~ Svengali
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#200173 - 11/05/06 12:26 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I would love to recommend a book that Magister Svengali also recommended in a different post titled "DEEP SATANISM" which by the way, is a more than worthy read.

Anyways, How To Read A Book by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren. This book will give you a powerful outline as to how you might wish to read such books by Anton LaVey as well as others.

A mighty strong post Magister Svengali.

#200174 - 11/05/06 12:29 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Well written Magister Svengali, thankyou for your words to the many out there who still need to catch up with their self-identified form of Satanism. I myself have read all the Anton Szandor Lavey books but currently awaiting the arrival of the Church of Satan.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#200175 - 11/05/06 12:30 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Of course the usual suspects will accuse me of being a grouch, or pedantic, or dogmatic, or unimaginative, ad nauseum.

I reckon the usual suspects will fall all over themselves to be the first or the most enthused to say, "Excellent work, Magister! This needed to be said!", and not think for half a second whether it's about THEM.

#200176 - 11/05/06 12:33 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: reprobate]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Quote:

Of course the usual suspects will accuse me of being a grouch, or pedantic, or dogmatic, or unimaginative, ad nauseum.

I reckon the usual suspects will fall all over themselves to be the first or the most enthused to say, "Excellent work, Magister! This needed to be said!", and not think for half a second whether it's about THEM.

YEP, THAT TOO!
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini

#200177 - 11/05/06 12:36 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: reprobate]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I agree.

#200178 - 11/05/06 12:41 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: reprobate]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Good point

#200179 - 11/05/06 12:43 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

This is a demand far exceeding the abilities of the average IDIOT, but I’ll point this out for the very extreme few who are not entirely idiots, or for those who want to make double-dip sure that they aren’t being an Idiot.

There are SEVEN books. That is a tall order for some, but be assured the books are written in clear, direct and non-ambiguous language because they were intended to be understood by the average reader. These are not “esoteric” books. Most of the text is direct and explanitory, written as intended to be understood, not “symbolic” in a way that allows a variety of “interpretations.”

These are the books:

Of course an idiot who reads all*****SEVEN****** books is still an idiot.

Edited to avoid any further confusion of my typing error.

"Satanism demands study, not worship".

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 08:38 AM)

#200180 - 11/05/06 12:46 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Unknown]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Quote:

These are the books:

Of course an idiot who reads all 5 books is still an idiot.

SEVEN books.

#200181 - 11/05/06 12:46 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: reprobate]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Quote:

Quote:

Im sorry if you find me so desperate tripping over to reply to the Magister's post, perhaps a simple compliment or comment would imply to you that I have not spent my time reading and understanding the literature listed above. Very well, I will try and add something productive.

I have learnt much about Satanism from the web resources themselves, such as the essays on the COS website to understand Satanism when applied to a wider range of things. Skimming through the archives the News section you will find many interview clips with the likes of Magus Gilmore and Reverend Malebranche. Go on to youtube and theres some 6/6/06 video interviews with the High Priest and one with the doctor himself. And dust that off with the sources page on the website.

There, I hope Ive helped a bit.

If it takes all the seven books, then I truly am an idiot.

Edited by Biffo0110 (11/05/06 12:49 PM)

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#200182 - 11/05/06 12:47 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Oops!

I was typing too fast and hit 5 instead of 7.

Nonetheless, I will be rereading all 7 books again.

Edited by Unknown (11/05/06 01:33 PM)

#200183 - 11/05/06 12:51 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Yes, please, everyone miss the point and quibble to death trying to prove yourselves.

#200184 - 11/05/06 01:08 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Adversary Offline

Loc: El Paso, TX
I guess actions will always speak louder than words.
"The clever combatant imposes his will on the enemy, but does not allow the enemy's will to be imposed on him." - Sun Tzu "Morality is a human invention conferred by the self-serving interests of the sensually impoverished" - Anton Szandor LaVey

#200185 - 11/05/06 01:13 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Another novel idea: READ THEM MORE THAN ONCE.

#200186 - 11/05/06 01:39 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
I love to keep a notebook when reading. I got over being embarrassed that it might make me look daft. It just makes it so much easier to digest what I'm reading and flex the arguments on my own. I think reading comprehension really is a muscle that needs to be trained and kept fit.

Quote:

Anton LaVey went to the trouble of writing his books, maybe you should go to the trouble of actually reading them if you want to call yourself a Satanist.

This, honestly, never occurred to me. I'd be one of those that have not read all of the books. And now it just seems rude and disrespectful, let alone idiotic, to call oneself a Satanist and not have read the books!

Thank you, Magister. In hindsight, it kind of feels like you were pointing out the obvious but for me, at least, it had to be said. I think it's time for me to get off this messageboard and go read.

#200187 - 11/05/06 01:50 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Unknown]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Anyone who dismisses Magistra Barton's books is shooting themselves in the foot. Aside from the fact that she was High Priestess for a time, her books are filled with direct quotations from Dr. LaVey in addition to her own insights and observations, not to mention the fact that they are publications authorized by Dr. LaVey.

It goes without saying that these statements extend to the writings of Magus Gilmore, including his books when they are finally published.

These are PRIMARY texts.

#200188 - 11/05/06 02:18 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Unknown]
Prometheus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Quote:

Oops!

I was typing too fast and hit 5 instead of 7.

Could that be a Freudian one?

HAIL SATAN!

Prometheus

#200189 - 11/05/06 02:22 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Prometheus]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

No, it was a legit error on my part.

I also will note that I will take heed to this post and stop replying in it and start listening-APPLYING it rather.

Thank you for your question, I trust I have clarified.

Edited by Unknown (11/05/06 03:04 PM)

#200190 - 11/05/06 02:38 PM A possible further step? [Re: Svengali]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Six years ago, there was an article piblished by a writer named Phillip G. Armour. He wrote about Levels of Ignorance as they relate to software development. A photocopy of the article was on everyone's desk one morning at work and we had to read it. After reading it, I filed the article and saved it because it has value in areas other than software development.

I'd like to think that knowing this information is an tool. Learning how to learn might be half the battle for some and it is easy to do, if the person's intention really is to learn.

Here is a quick list of the Five Orders of Ignorance:

0th Order Ignorance (0OI)—Lack of Ignorance.
You know, you have the answer.

1st Order Ignorance (1OI)—Lack of Knowledge.
You know what you don't know, you have the question.

2nd Order Ignorance (2OI)—Lack of Awareness.
You don't know what you don't know.

3rd Order Ignorance (3OI)—Lack of Process.
You have no means, or process, for resolving your lack of knowledge.

4th Order Ignorance (4OI)—Meta Ignorance.
Not aware of these 5 levels.

I found the list HERE and there is also a link to Armour's original article printed by in the Communications of the ACM.

#200191 - 11/05/06 03:15 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Alia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: At Sorrow's End
OK! I get it!

Time is much too valuable to be wasted. I certainly don't want to be wasting anybody's time, least of all My own.

I owe it to you and I owe it to Myself to re-check and investigate as deeply as I can. On the extremely unlikely occasion that I turn out to be... something else than I am... I promise you you'll never hear from me again.

I'll read the last three books on the list and let you hear from me again. (Or not.) I've already read the first four a couple of times each, but I'll read them again. Anything for being as knowledgable as possible.

And I don't think you'll ban Me for taking your excellent advice and double-check. I think you meant what you said. Therefore I'll do it, going as deep and as far as I can, for the Hell of it!

Hail Satan!
Hail the Rational Mind!

-Alia

Carpe Noctem

#200192 - 11/05/06 03:27 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
Just to share. I ran into someone who thought I was THE idiot and didn't get Satanism. They claimed they owned and read every book. They said they agreed with the philosophy but couldn't consider themselves a Satanist for the simple fact that they were an atheist.

Somewhere in all their readings, they came to conclusion that it really was about worshiping a real Satan because it was "hidden" in the words.

#200193 - 11/05/06 03:32 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: tovasshi]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Like Dorothy Parker said, "you can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think."

#200194 - 11/05/06 03:37 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Biff]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

If it takes all the seven books, then I truly am an idiot.

Stupid is as stupid does. Conversely, smart is as smart does.

Read the books.

Then, in retrospect, you can say: "I started off on the wrong foot, but then I caught my stride."

I take your point, and I expect Magister Svengali does too. The web sources, the essays and interviews, are important. They are often our means for first attracting people to Satanism, or for cutting through bullshit surrounding this or that issue.

But the bedrock is in the books. Read and understand.

#200195 - 11/05/06 04:42 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
I would liek 2 proov I am nt an idiut. I hav red the santanic bible 66 times (becuz im so hardcore).

There will be idiots trying to prove themselves in any religion. The difference with Satanism is, WE do not tolerate idiots!

Once they learn this, I would imagine they will scarper off with their tails firmly in between their legs.

#200196 - 11/05/06 04:46 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Satanism is specific, discriminating, selective, and critical. It is NOT an “anything goes” philosophy.

This clearly points out those that see Satanism as "Yeah! Let's do what we want!"

If they were smart in the first place, they should already know the definition of the term consequence.

HS!

#200197 - 11/05/06 05:26 PM Re: A possible further step? [Re: RandomStranger]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
I would add a sixth and more dangerous level; You know you have the answer, but your answer is wrong.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#200198 - 11/05/06 06:07 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Excellent post Magister

Quote:

Quite the opposite, you are very intelligent and wise.
Your words carry alot of weight.
I for one appreciate your brutal frankness

HS!

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#200199 - 11/05/06 07:13 PM Re: A possible further step? [Re: Virus9]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Nice! Those people are REALLY dangerous. If not annoying.

#200200 - 11/05/06 07:43 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

There are SEVEN books.

I often chuckle at the time the Magisters put into posts like this, remembering that they bother spending time with what everyone should know - especially, when said Magister must be loathe to do it. And while Magister Svengali lacks the poetry of Magister Nemo, perhaps, his point is no less potent. The above statement is a prime example of what is often misunderstood; there may well be a plethora of books that discuss Satanism, highlight Satanism, reference Satanism or, in extreme cases, infer Satanism. However, be under no illusions - until the release of Magus Gilmores' works, there are only seven books about Satanism as a codified religious practice.

Quote:

There may be core ideas that many find objectionable, such as elitism, stratification, materialism, responsibility, etc. In which case you have still done yourself a useful service in coming to the realization that YOU ARE NOT A SATANIST, and can stop wasting your own time and ours by trying to insist that you are.

I always liked the example of the bottle of milk who thought he (she?!) was a bottle of water, purely because he fitted some of the bill; he was wet, could be served hot or cold, quenched thirst, was good for you and went into a cup of tea.

Quote:

Magister, you're being grouchy, pedantic, dogmatic and unimaginative.

Quote:

The good Doctor wrote these books because he couldn't find any like them; that should be lesson enough for those with an iota of intelligence.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#200201 - 11/05/06 08:50 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Anyone who dismisses Magistra Barton's books is shooting themselves in the foot. Aside from the fact that she was High Priestess for a time, her books are filled with direct quotations from Dr. LaVey in addition to her own insights and observations, not to mention the fact that they are publications authorized by Dr. LaVey.

Certainly true.

Also, The Church of Satan reveals much about the structure, origins, evolution, and purpose of the CoS as an organization. Such detail and elaboration cannot be gleaned simply by reading the Church of Satan website, nor is it found in the other official Satanic source material.

If nothing else, one should buy the damn book just to read the letters other idiots have sent to the Church over the years.
Funny stuff.

HS!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#200202 - 11/05/06 08:58 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

I write to amuse myself. I post it to amuse myself with the reactions. I have no more expectation of changing Idiots than I would of getting pieces of excrement to perform calculus.

#200203 - 11/05/06 08:58 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

All the books are as entertaining as they are informative, and bear repeated reading for entertainment value alone, not to mention, like a good movie, there are details you miss even after several readings.

One less excuse for the slackers.

#200204 - 11/05/06 09:07 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Fortunately Magister, it is frequently so that when you put up a gallows, the guilty leap into a noose and I can dispose of them.

#200205 - 11/05/06 09:11 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Fortunately Magister, it is frequently so that when you put up a gallows, the guilty leap into a noose and I can dispose of them.

Another good reason!

#200206 - 11/05/06 09:15 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Isabel23 Offline
CoS Magistra

Quote:

There's something wrong with being a grouch when you're dealing with IDIOTS?

#200207 - 11/05/06 10:15 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I write to amuse myself. I post it to amuse myself with the reactions.

I can think of no better reason.

Quote:

I have no more expectation of changing Idiots than I would of getting pieces of excrement to perform calculus.

With the excrement, I suspect you'd have more luck.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#200208 - 11/05/06 10:39 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Quote:

All the books are as entertaining as they are informative

I've read The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Witch... I found the second to be alot more entertaining than the first. The Satanic Bible, while thought provoking, seems very angry in tone.
Darkest Dreams, - Willow NightEyes --------------------------------------- ~I don't talk with close-minded people; they tend to harbour brain fungus~ ---------------------------------------- Profesor: Nothing's impossible if you believe it; that's what being a scientist is all about! Kid: Nooo, that's what being a magical elf's all about.

#200209 - 11/05/06 11:06 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Willow_NightEyes]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

The Satanic Bible... seems very angry in tone.

You would be too if you had good reason to feel that you and a select few others were the only members of society worth existing.

I quite enjoyed his "very angry" tone and completely empathize with it.

[Edit: I goofed on spelling.. empathize came out emphasize]

Edited by Drimlybunk (11/05/06 11:11 PM)

#200210 - 11/05/06 11:13 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Willow_NightEyes]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

The Book of Satan is angry, indignant, and raging. But the Book of Lucifer is fun and funny. (Nuns dancing topless to the Missa Solemnis Rock?) The Book of Belial is pretty neutral emotionally; and the Book of Leviathan has rites and invocations that run the gamut of emotion.

Go back and give the whole thing another read-through, and think about where the real "moving parts" and "load-bearing structures" are.

#200211 - 11/05/06 11:16 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Willow_NightEyes]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It sometimes has that feeling, but it also has a "Hell yes!" feeling to it. More than any book I've ever read, including LaVey's other books, reading The Satanic Bible would nearly make me yell out loud in joy.

#200212 - 11/06/06 04:25 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

I not so sure about that.

Magister Svengali's grouchiness is probably some of the best, and truly funny entertainment around here.

I mean, how can it not be hilarious when he says to read seven books to "get the jist" of Satanism, and then this:

Quote:

Of course an idiot who reads all 5 books is still an idiot.

... is posted just afterwards.

This is... a Legendary thread.

Oh, and for those that may not have noticed. Satanism also requires basic reading comprehension.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#200213 - 11/06/06 05:21 AM Remember! [Re: Felstorm]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"Oh, and for those that may not have noticed. Satanism also requires basic reading comprehension."

Literacy is NOT a sign of intelligence!

#200214 - 11/06/06 08:30 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Felstorm]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

It was a mistake, a typing error, a slip of the keyboard. Granted, the timing couldn't have been worse.

#200215 - 11/06/06 10:16 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
LadyVera Offline

Loc: Pacific NW
Though I don't have time to read all of the responses as of yet, I must say that your posts/writing are my preferred reading over my morning coffee, Magister. Your bluntness tickles me.

Very good writing.

It's a shame, but it's almost guaranteed that most Idiots would never bother reading your post, nor even bother to comprehend what you're saying. They're in it for the image and Satanism at face value... what it will do for their own self-image. They're looking for something to subscribe to (and typically something to tell them what/what not to do), not a philosophy and way of life. When asked to actually think for themselves, most go running for the hills and/or become argumentative. It's just another case of seperating the wheat from the chaff, but it's rather irritating when they decide they're going to hang around a bit and annoy the crap out of you before they realize that we actually don't like them, and are rather "mean" to those we don't like.

Anyway, thank you for the post.
"Those lucky enough to build a business out of a dream owe it to the world to be the caretakers of dreams. It is the duty of those who, through ingenuity, insight and hard work are able to make a dream a reality, to defend this right. To continue to build upon their ideas." -- Dr. h.c. Ferdinand Porsche

#200216 - 11/06/06 10:30 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Unknown]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

It was a mistake, a typing error, a slip of the keyboard. Granted, the timing couldn't have been worse.

Bullshit. It was pure stupidity.

And why, in your profile, have you got a link to Boyd Rice's website as your bio?

#200217 - 11/06/06 10:45 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

Bullshit. It was pure stupidity.

This is all speculation on your and others part. I own all 7 books, I have made several references to the 2 books which you seemed to think I have neglected to read. Now you can assume all day and all night all you want, that is your right to do so. Now I will admit, I should have reviewed the post before posting it and edited it.

Quote:

And why, in your profile, have you got a link to Boyd Rice's website as your bio?

I enjoy his music and work. Is there something wrong with that? Oh and if it puts you at ease, I changed it to my home page as you were probably going to mention that's the proper area it belongs under.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 10:54 AM)

#200218 - 11/06/06 11:21 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Unknown]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I own all 7 books <<

In that case it was even more stupid of you to say 5 then , wasn't it.

>> and if it puts you at ease, I changed it to my home page as you were probably going to mention that's the proper area it belongs under. <<

Yes, that puts me at ease. And it's mighty gracious of you.

#200219 - 11/06/06 11:29 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Yes UVRay it was stupid for me to say 5.

What I am trying to tell you is that it was a typing error. The digit 5 is not so far from 7. I multitask on the internet quite a bit so on occasion yes, I will make a stupid error. I'll even go one step further and admit, I read the other 5 books more than I read the 2 biographies by Magistra Barton. I think I read each of those 2 books once. So I am sure there is a whole lot of information I have missed and I am making the effort of rereading all of the books again. I am especially going to dig into the 2 historical accounts that have been suggested.

I apologize for this stupid act and will be double sure to use the "I want to preview my post and/or attach a file" function everytime to avoid such problems.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 11:32 AM)

#200220 - 11/06/06 12:59 PM HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

I think that your whole exchange could have been prevented by re-reading your post and using this button:

Imagine what a face-saving, time-saving little thing the "Edit" link could have been!

Funny, it was there right in front of you the whole time. The only thing you had to do was look.

But hey, your legs must be tired from all that back-pedaling your doing. Good workout, eh?

Attachments
382045-edit.jpg (31 downloads)

#200221 - 11/06/06 01:33 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: RandomStranger]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

You are absolutley correct. I also found this little instructional of yours very comical.

By the way, I did go back and edit my post just not quick enough.

The sad thing is is that everyone is making my mistake the primary importance of this thread when it shouldn't be.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 08:48 PM)

#200222 - 11/06/06 02:01 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

The sad thing is is that everyone is making my mistake the primary importance of this thread when it shouldn't be.

Maybe sad to you but damn sure funny to me.

HS!

#200223 - 11/06/06 02:09 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Callier]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

Maybe sad to you but damn sure funny to me.

Oh I don't deny that there is some humor in all of this. I just don't understand what the problem at hand is anymore.

I edited my post, said on numerous occasions that I made a typing error, and clarified this on more than one occasion. Case closed. People just seem to be taking it farther and farther, why? What is the point? I am getting more than sick of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

Ah well, perhaps I need more time away from my keyboard anyways.

Edited by Unknown (11/06/06 03:58 PM)

#200224 - 11/06/06 04:56 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Quote:

I am getting more than sick of saying the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

I don't mean to butt in, but you only said "over" five times, I believe you were supposed to say it twice more...

#200225 - 11/06/06 05:03 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: Unknown]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

Oh I don't deny that there is some humor in all of this. I just don't understand what the problem at hand is anymore.

The problem is that there is a breed of idiot that lives to nitpick pointlessly. Unfortunately there are lots of them in these parts.

It was a typo. Big deal, you explained it, you fixed it and that should have been the end of it. But you made the mistake of responding beyond the first occasion. All else simply encourages the nitpickers to further nitpicking.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#200226 - 11/06/06 05:33 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: MagisterRose]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

They don't have anything worthwhile to say, but have the compulsion to say something anyway.

Another reason why I post these threads; to watch the subsequent parade of idiots making asses of themselves trying to demonstrate that they aren't idiots.

#200227 - 11/06/06 08:51 PM Re: HOW TO CORRECT IDIOT-LIKE THINGS [Re: MagisterRose]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

Quote:

It was a typo. Big deal, you explained it, you fixed it and that should have been the end of it. But you made the mistake of responding beyond the first occasion. All else simply encourages the nitpickers to further nitpicking.

I agree that I did bring alot of it on myself when I didn't have too. Next time I'll make the better choice of shutting up.

#200228 - 11/07/06 12:04 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Felstorm]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

I not so sure about that.

I was being sarcastic. I'm sorry if you didn't notice; it's just as well he did.

#200229 - 11/07/06 09:48 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Isabel23]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:

There's something wrong with being a grouch when you're dealing with IDIOTS? [Isabel23]

Reminds me of a button I have on my backpack: "I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter."

Quote:

I have no more expectation of changing Idiots than I would of getting pieces of excrement to perform calculus. [Svengali]

"Let dF/dt equal the change in fly population when the excrement is..." Sorry.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#200230 - 11/07/06 10:10 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:

Anyone who dismisses Magistra Barton's books is shooting themselves in the foot.

I couldn't agree more. What I personally like the most about Church of Satan is how various concepts seen in The Satanic Bible are expanded in a more casual, objective tone. The appendix is great too. Hell I based a website off the movie list.

As for The Secret Life of a Satanist, we are not a personality cult that views LaVey as some sort of flawless prophet, so that's not why the book gets recommended. However the book does reveal the very secular experiences that would eventually lead LaVey to making Satanism a formal religion. It also gives great examples of where Satanic principles have manifested themselves since.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#200231 - 11/08/06 11:43 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Bill_M]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

I agree.

SECRET LIFE is more than a biography, it is loaded with extensive direct quotes from Dr. LaVey on a wide variety of topics pertinent to Satanism, the history of Satanism, and Satanic magic.

#200232 - 11/09/06 02:50 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Ryce Offline

Loc: London, ON, Canada
I've read this entire forum and it seems really tense. When it comes to philosophical arguements with those who have much more experience and knowledge than me I can accept that I may be considered an "Idiot". But I think Svengali may be coming down a bit hard on us idiots and misjudging us. I'd like to point out that part of being an idiot is learning to become smarter. I'm going to admit that I've only read 1 book which is the Satanic Bible, but that doesn't mean that's all that I intend to read. Where I live it's very hard to find the other 6 books, I searched Chapters and I was unfortunate enough to find shelves of Wicca and a bunch of other shit. I'd also like to point out I don't have a credit card to go online and buy and of these books, nor would any relatives buy them for me as they don't apporove of me "worshiping The Devil." I'd like to say that your essay didn't have much of an effect on me as I already planned on buying the other books and I'm sure some other "idiots" are the same. In fact I believe that some of us "idiots" have much more potential than that of those who have read all 7 books as I'm sure there are many people out there who have read those books just so they aren't considered an idiot and yet are still using the name satanist just to seem "cool" or whatever, just extending it to be accepted among other satanists. I'd like to say nice philosophy on idiots Svengali and a lot of "idiots" did need to read it but your completely misjudging the other population of those who lack knowledge but seek it.

P.S I know that there's going to be some smartass remark of me just trying to cover up being an idiot but I dont care as I believe what I've just said needed to be said, but that's just me.

#200233 - 11/09/06 02:53 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Did you really think this out, or just feel a knee-jerk reaction because you've not read the books yet? I don't suppose it occurred to you that you're just missing the point.

Or maybe you're an idiot. Your call.

Speaking of which, make your introductory post please.

#200234 - 11/09/06 02:58 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ryce Offline

I did think it out, I'm not being a jerk because I haven't read the books, I just recently got a job so It'll be alot easier for me to find them. I was just saying that there are basically 3 types of "idiots". Those who are looking for a name, those who hypocritically fall short themselves and those who seek knowledge.

#200235 - 11/09/06 03:02 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Either you did not read the original post or you did not understand it.

Either way it was very telling how quickly you chose to identify with idiots.

Amazing.

#200236 - 11/09/06 03:04 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Ryce Offline

I apologize, I shall read it again.

#200237 - 11/09/06 03:16 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Ryce Offline

As I said before, I intended on reading the books before and I still do, until then I shall consider myself an Idiot in training as I never intended to use Satanism as an outlet to be "cool". Until next time, Ryce.

#200238 - 11/09/06 03:19 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Maybe it didn't occur to you that being in a state of temporary ignorance but seeking to correct it doesn't make you an idiot.

I didn't say you're being a jerk, I said you're being reactionary. You read this, felt like it applied to you, and jumped to counter it. You're arguing a point you don't have to make. That, not the fact that you've not yet read the books, is what isn't so smart.

#200239 - 11/09/06 03:36 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Quote:

I'd also like to point out I don't have a credit card to go online and buy and of these books

From Amazon.com's website:

Amazon.com accepts American Express, Diners Club, Discover, JCB, MasterCard, Eurocard, Visa, Visa Check Cards, Amazon.com gift certificates, payment directly from your bank account, and checks, money orders, or cashier's checks denominated in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank.

Now, for the rest of your excuses-

The Satanic Rituals

The Satanic Witch

The Devil's Notebook

Satan Speaks

The Secret Life of a Satanist

The Church of Satan

No more excuses. You have reading to do. Now go away.

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#200240 - 11/09/06 07:02 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

In fact I believe that some of us "idiots" have much more potential than that of those who have read all 7 books

Prove it. Catch up. Don't say, "Don't be hard on idiots." Just stop being an idiot.

#200241 - 11/09/06 07:07 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: reprobate]
Ryce Offline

As i said I JUST got a job, i dont get money for about 15 days...until then i'll have to put up with it but that doesn't mean I cant read online essays and whatnot...I feel supported..in a weird way..Thanks?

#200242 - 11/09/06 07:47 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Maybe it didn't occur to you that being in a state of temporary ignorance but seeking to correct it doesn't make you an idiot.

Indeed.

One who learns from their mistakes and vows to never let it happen again is a wise soul.

If one is truly sorry for a mistake they have made they will not repeat it again. (Or damn well try not to).

As LaVey himself said in the SB, if you repeat your mistakes you are not truly sorry.

Time will tell on this one.

Simple observation.

I read this essay a while back and did not want to join on the band-wagon with praise, or scorn.

I found it informative (most people with one ounce of intellect would already be aware that reading of said materials is a key essential in regards to greater understanding).

Be that as it may, I did not find your post offensive, rude or inate.

I did however, find it quite sad that you had to pen it in the first place.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#200243 - 11/09/06 08:01 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Virus9]
IX Von ZehEhv Offline

CoS Warlock

Virus9, you are too kind.

I can see that Amazon is being hit right now with an abundance of orders for the books listed by Magister Svengali. Whilst there are exceptions, those who are not idiots will have already sought out these books and others of their own initiative. Otherwise, purchase of these books because 'they were told to' is pointless as whilst they are wonderful works, they do not have the power to rid people of their idiocy.

This is what I like about Magister Svengali's post. Those who need to take most note of his post in this instance should not bother because they will not benefit anyway.

Edited by BrehtJB (11/09/06 08:13 AM)

#200244 - 11/09/06 08:25 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Again you seem to have missed the point.

#200245 - 11/09/06 09:10 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Fine. Don't expect us to give you full credit in the meantime.

#200246 - 11/09/06 10:04 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Serua Offline

Of course the usual suspects will accuse me of being a grouch, or pedantic, or dogmatic, or unimaginative, ad nauseum. (quote)

It is better to be thought of as pedantic than to be proved to be a pedant fool. :P

#200247 - 11/09/06 12:48 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Settle down, no one said you were an idiot, you did that yourself.

You're simply misunderstanding the term "idiot." What you're describing is called ignorance.

Ignorance isn't necessarily a bad thing, provided you're willing to correct the situation when that ignorance is highlighted. No one is born knowing everything, that's what education is for. Education doesn't end, it's an ongoing process for the rest of your life.

As for the rest, there's no need to inform everyone that you haven't read all the material, that will become blatantly obvious as you continue to interact here.

You've been given some good advice, now stop making excuses and start making solutions.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#200248 - 11/09/06 02:00 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: IX Von ZehEhv]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Whilst there are exceptions, those who are not idiots will have already sought out these books and others of their own initiative.

I'll agree that this one in particular doesn't seem to clever. I simply sought to rid it of its excuses rather than feed its masochistic impulse. In doing so I gave it a perfect opportunity to prove it's not an idiot.

Somehow I'm not surprised that it can't even be bothered to thank me.

-Lewis Lapham

-Winston Churchill

#200249 - 11/09/06 05:27 PM Ignorance vs. Idiocy [Re: Poetaster]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

Ignorance isn't necessarily a bad thing, provided you're willing to correct the situation when that ignorance is highlighted. No one is born knowing everything, that's what education is for. Education doesn't end, it's an ongoing process for the rest of your life.

I have one quick thought to add to this, regarding the acceptability of ignorance.

I am completely ignorant of how to rebuild a transmission. Wouldn't even know how to get the blasted thing out of the car in the first place, much less start disassembling it. This is not an insult against myself; it's a simple fact. I also have no plans to change this situation -- I'm content to live with ignorance on this topic until such time as I feel I need (or want) the knowledge.

Idiocy, on the other hand, would be for me to go find an auto mechanics' discussion forum and start loudly proclaiming opinions on the subject, based only on my own guesses about what the inside of a transmission might look like.

-Chess

#200250 - 11/09/06 06:57 PM Re: Ignorance vs. Idiocy [Re: Chess]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quite a point, and one that I completely agree with.

I should have added that distinction within the body of my own reply.

Ignorance of something you have absolutely no interest in isn't idiocy, but rather selective discrimination. There's really no need for me to learn how to fly a plane, because I'm afraid of heights, so I don't fly anyway, let alone think about flying a plane myself.

I'd say it's relative to the things you're interested in and the things that directly or indirectly affect your life. Of course, like you said, if I were going to start discussing the mechanics of flying with a pilot, I had better know what I'm talking about, or then I'm just an idiot.

Edited by AmbientLogic (11/09/06 06:59 PM)
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#200251 - 11/09/06 06:59 PM Re: Ignorance vs. Idiocy [Re: Chess]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

THAT is getting the point of my post.

#200252 - 11/09/06 10:09 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Virus9]
Ryce Offline

I believe I did infact say the word thanks. And I really do thank you virus as I had no idea i'd be able to just use a simple debt card on Amazon. As soon as I am payed and the money is readily available in my bank account I'll be paying a visit to Amazon. Although alot of things directed at me in this forum are harsh I respect it and I appreciate the criticism.(See I'm learning already!) Thanks guys.

#200253 - 11/09/06 10:51 PM Re: Ignorance vs. Idiocy [Re: Svengali]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

THAT is getting the point of my post.

Thank you, sir.

-Chess

#200254 - 11/10/06 03:05 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Ryce]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

I believe I did infact say the word thanks.

I stand corrected. I do miss things from time to time, but not much and not often.

About the harsh treatment, it not that all of us think you won't improve. It's just that we've seen enough idiots come and go to realize that it's statistically unlikely.

You're more than welcome to try to beat the odds.

-Lewis Lapham

-Winston Churchill

#200255 - 11/10/06 03:32 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Virus9]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Don't hold your breath.

#200256 - 11/10/06 03:43 AM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Svengali]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Why would I hold my breath when it's up to him to sink or swim?

Perhaps when I invited him to play the odds I should've included a little remider.

The house always wins.

-Lewis Lapham

-Winston Churchill

#200257 - 11/11/06 07:54 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

I was being sarcastic.

You gave more to me the impression of being obnoxious. Sarcasms are usually written in one statement or, at most two. Just an observation....

#200258 - 11/11/06 08:01 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: luciferHammer]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

I think everyone but you got the sarcasm.

- Sam Harris

#200259 - 11/11/06 08:40 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Poetaster]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

So I'm different. Since, as I understood, many COS members don't post up there because of the low quality of the posts, I'm quite happy to be different....

#200260 - 11/11/06 08:47 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: luciferHammer]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

That's one way to look at it.

- Sam Harris

#200261 - 11/12/06 11:30 PM Re: HOW NOT TO BE AN IDIOT [Re: Virus9]
Ryce Offline

And I will attempt to beat the odds. As I said I got into Satanism not for the name but for the reason anybody should get into it, for the philosophy. I never once from the start intended to pickup the bible, match myself with everything that is said and then call myself a satanist. I once again thank Virus9 for the support and I will infact dive deeper into Satanism.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405204 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements