Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#20123 - 01/12/04 11:44 AM It worked!
Flavius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: BridgePort
I give this thread five stars. This is the most distinct example I can remember of the "General Satanism" forum perfectly serving its function: An intelligent and well-articulated set of questions were answered courteously and informatively.

Neither flaming nor Kingdom Come made an appearance.

Excellent work on both sides!

(Now that I've said this, it will probably go to shit, but at this flicker in time this thread is like a perfect crystal - clear and well-structured.)

#20124 - 01/12/04 11:55 AM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

"If you find elements of Satanism do not appeal to you, then you are probably not a Satanist. No big deal. Go do something else."

So your telling all of us whom some take your words a bit more to heart than others that if we doubt any aspect of satanism we are not a satanist and should just go away...... this is what you meant right. Just making sure.

~B~

#20125 - 01/12/04 12:03 PM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism
Ram_Abbalah Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Reno, NV
I think the key word in what Reverend Svengali wrote is probably.

Perhaps you should pay a bit closer attention to what you're responding to. It seems to me you're just looking for something to get riled up about.
"...I have built a mechanical sanctuary. In it copper bats fly on electric beams, brass rats scuttle in plastic cellars, robot skeletons dance; robot vampires, harlequins, wolves, and white phantoms, compounded of chemical and ingenuity, live here."

"Usher II"
The Martian Chronicles
by Ray Bradbury

#20126 - 01/12/04 12:31 PM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism [Re: Ram_Abbalah]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well this is of course your opinion which was not asked for. I asked the Reverened.

~B~

#20127 - 01/12/04 12:43 PM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>Well this is of course your opinion which was not asked for.
>I asked the Reverened.

You may have addressed him, but you still posted this to a public forum. If you truly wanted a 1-on-1 response from him, and also didn't care if your post went unread by others, why not send a private message?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#20128 - 01/12/04 12:51 PM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

"If you find elements of Satanism do not appeal to you, then you are probably not a Satanist. No big deal. Go do something else."

So your telling all of us whom some take your words a bit more to heart than others that if we doubt any aspect of satanism we are not a satanist and should just go away...... this is what you meant right. Just making sure.

~B~

I would tell you specifically to go away.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
“A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.” -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#20129 - 01/12/04 12:54 PM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism [Re: Bill_M]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I see your point and considered it at first but I wanted the public to see the response to the reply thats why I didnt PM him. I figured most people would practice not dumping opinions when not asked for them. And most probably do thats why only a few reply to this question that was directed to the Reverend. Can we please just let the Reverend answer the question for us.

Thanks,

~B~

#20130 - 01/12/04 12:59 PM Re: It worked! [Re: Flavius]
Flavius Offline
CoS Member

Loc: BridgePort
"(Now that I've said this, it will probably go to shit..."

What am I, psychic?

#20131 - 01/12/04 01:00 PM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for replying. I just wanted to make sure there was no misunderstanding. Your original post was excellent by the way. And I agree that this was handled with great care all together.

~B~

#20132 - 01/12/04 01:42 PM Re: Observations and questions about Satanism
Entity Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: Avalon UK
Quote:

I firmly believe that to be human is to have flawed perceptions, and thus no one person is qualified to judge the beliefs of another.

A definition of belief: A belief is something which a person holds to be TRUE until it is proven otherwise.

Beliefs can, and do, change very quickly. I suggest that the IDEA that humans are flawed is important to you, making this one of your values, rather than a belief.

If, however, you have sufficient evidence to prove that all humans are flawed, (i.e. having met every single one of them), then go on believing...

A belief leaves no room for doubt. Doubt is a Satanist's most useful tool and is essential for judging the beliefs of others as well as any temporary beliefs of one's own.

Although the idea that no one person is qualified to judge the beliefs of another may important to YOU, I, personally, doubt your idea and, as a Satanist, will continue to doubt other's beliefs as and when it is useful for me to do so.

Nothing is better than to live according to one's taste. - François Villon

Test Everything. Believe Nothing.

#20133 - 01/12/04 07:31 PM In effect...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Well this is of course your opinion which was not asked for. I asked the Reverened

I believe you fail to acknowledge the point and purpose of a messageboard: it allows for people to openly discuss ideas of interest concerning a particular area. Need I stress, openly. Your post brought no form of information to the discussion as a whole, so you might have PMed the Reverend as well. From my experience on various messageboards it was more proper to do so.

I appreciate DinosaurKnight's way of asking for more information, which I perceive to be far more polite and open-minded than of most people. Anyway, as far as being Elitist goes [Alienish, as well ] you may look at various areas of life - sports, philosophy, religion etc - where people can make a choice to which group they want to adhere. It is certain that their decision is made after weighing out the different factors and, whichever group is most beneficial for them, they join. By selecting a particular group of the whole they consider it to be better than the others; by joining it, they integrate themselves in a group that they believe superior to other such similar groups.

The difference about Satanism is that wanting to join is not enough [and it is not about the memebership that I am talking about here]. Most other religions/philosophies want followers, for their ultimate goal as a whole is to enslave and gain benefits from the brainwashed masses [the Higher Initiates of those orders, especially]. Satanists could not care less about their numbers, for we act as individuals not as a flock. One may be prone to suspicion whether we were brainwashed into this or not. I read the Satanic Bible as a description of myself in broad yet very relevant terms - for the particularities and 'spices' of one's life are those things which ultimately give shape to one's personality. And so, taking on a label that describes variety is no shame for myself.

The darkness and evilness... yes, "Let Me Entertain You" is a very appropriate essay about this theme. I wonder if people would like me to eat children for breakfast or set fire to Churches and Synagogues. Why not, at times, allow them to believe that? It makes the way in my life a little bit easier to go through, since the already-proven ignorami do not need to know more about me. A person of intelligence can, at least, see past a commonplace label - and stereotype - and know me for who I am. If this sounds self-contradictory [the deal about label vs. non-label] think about 'good books'. Surely some authors are classics and their work is valuable - hence the term, 'good literature'. But only on a one-on-one basis can you truly appreciate that literature. e.g. I respect Charles DIckens and his work, yet I find it awfully boring - for myself. It is a matter of aesthetics in the end. There is no value in saying a book is good if you have not read it; there is no value in a Christian-born Atheist that still finds himself making the sign of the cross.

As for pretentiousness, what you perceived is just a cover-up. A Satanist knows to enjoy life - and me, e.g., can take a lot of joy from art. Therefore aesthetics constitues an important aspect of my philosophy, and I perfect my taste - as with culture - constantly. "De gustibus non discutandum"! So, as long as it is of no bother to you, let it go!

#20134 - 01/12/04 09:01 PM Re: In effect... *DELETED*
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by Reverend_Lang

#20135 - 01/12/04 10:42 PM Re: In effect...
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
I cannot post my actual views here because they will ban me if they dont do it now.

Perhaps that is because your views are not really Satanic?

In my personal opinion I feel that as a Reverened he has a certain obligation to not toss his opinion around to us.

You are allowed to have one but Rev. Svengali isn't?

It is my personal oppinion that you are acting like a child.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#20136 - 01/12/04 11:45 PM Re: In effect...
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
Satanism demands STUDY not worship!
Don't expect to be spoon fed by us.
Any question you had were answered by competant active members, Agents and members of the Priesthood. We do not need to or care to prove anything to you.
You don't have an inkling as to what LaVey would have done. You did not know him! Many of us however did.
Good bye.
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#20137 - 01/13/04 12:32 AM Re: It worked! [Re: Flavius]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
The wonderful thing about Satanism is that you can throw a bunch of people into a room (any bunch will do) and it will prove itself - without fail. Human nature is a constant, man is just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse...

There will always be one dipshit who ruins it for the rest of us. That's why utopias are pipe dreams.

The Dipshit Factor

Or you could always go the Jean-Paul Sartre route...

Hell very often is other people.

The up side is that if you expect this, you are more likely to be pleasantly suprised. And you really appreciate the few people who don't suck.

Hails to you, Resident Psychic. Your formula is foolproof

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406019 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements