Topic Options
#201801 - 11/12/06 02:11 PM Permission to quote.
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I am writing a paper on ritual. I would like to ask permission to use answers from the members of the priesthood that are posted in this section as well as in the section Topics Related To Satanism. I would not use posts from users or members, and would omit the names, simply using the titles of Magister, Reverend, etc, if that is preferred.

I do understand that these sections are open for public viewing. Nevertheless, it is considered good form to ask permission before using intellectual property, however informal.

Thank you,

Lexiphanic

#201802 - 11/12/06 05:43 PM Sorry. [Re: Zaftig]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
It is necessary for you to obtain permission directly from those you wish to quote.

Posting a blanket request here is not adequate.

#201803 - 11/12/06 06:03 PM Re: Permission to quote. [Re: Zaftig]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Magister Nemo is correct. Please contact whichever users are in question about use of their quotes; most of them are probably fairly agreeable to such, as what is posted here is done for public benefit.

#201804 - 11/12/06 06:13 PM Re: Sorry. [Re: Nemo]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Certainly.

I should preface my request by stating that my paper is a discussion of a self-performed Compassion Ritual presented twofold: self-reflective analysis and objective application of ritual theories (Sources: Catherine Bell, Ronald Grimes, Frederic Bird, and Max Weber).

All the quotes deal with life after death through fulfillment of the ego.

This is from yourself, Magister.

And this quote from Warlock Leviathan XIII in the same thread.

Regarding the same subject this post from Reverend Harris. Specifically, "Anyone that takes pride in their work will do it to the best of their ability, and that work, and by proxy the one who performed that work, will live on in the minds of those that appreciate it."

While I am not relying heavily on these quotes, they do present my ideas from a primary source (that is, members of the priesthood), and would be helpful to illustrate my thesis.

I will gladly email a copy of the paper, once completed, to anyone who desires it.

If any further information is required from me, please do not hesitate to ask.

Lexiphanic.

#201805 - 11/12/06 06:16 PM Re: Permission to quote. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Simultaneous posting sometimes causes problems and I did not read this before posting my previous answer. I hope the public inquiry is not offensive.

#201806 - 11/12/06 06:40 PM Re: Permission to quote. [Re: Zaftig]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

No, it's a public quote and there is no reason not to ask me here, though you may need to contact others directly.

For my part, whatever I post to the Questions and Answers forum you are permitted to use; I prefer to be quoted anonymously as a CoS representative (Agent) rather than by either name or "handle." If it is necessary for academic purposes to directly attribute quotes to me, contact me privately.

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements