Topic Options
#201901 - 11/12/06 10:26 PM Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe
baszrat Offline

Dearest satanists,
I am hesitant of asking this question, as it my seem naive or elementary. However, I am in the process of researching the Church of Satan as a possibility to become "my religion". So far, I agree with the theology, the history, and the aplicability of your church. It really fits with who I am. But, I do have an honest question- a question not intended to induce debate or doubt- just a question. (the book of Satan II.2)
My question is this:
Can anyone give me a real-world example that Satan has aided them in their personal lives? If Satan has powers, and you are on his "good side" and you go thru the proper cremonies, and all goes well, does this magic really work?
I guess my question in the "big picture" is- if Satan exists, and is the ruler of the earth, then (selfishly) we should tap into his powers. If Satan does not exist, then your religion is only a group of self-searving individuals, an easy default, as this is human nature in it's rawest form.

still searching.
S.

#201902 - 11/12/06 10:59 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: baszrat]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Satan doesn't exist.

#201903 - 11/12/06 11:21 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: baszrat]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

... as this is human nature in it's rawest form

Hmmm. There might be something to this. Keep searching....

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#201904 - 11/12/06 11:30 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
baszrat Offline

Ummm....
No Satan equals no power (magic)?
Or...
No Satan equals power and magic generated by "self" wich means we can all do this on our own without any organized church, or rituals?

again, NOT trying to provoke a debate. Honestly searching for answers.

S.

#201905 - 11/12/06 11:32 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: baszrat]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It means read The Satanic Bible.

#201906 - 11/12/06 11:41 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
baszrat Offline

With all due respect, sir, I have.

My reading of the Satanic Bible is what lead me to these questions. I am aware that Satanists use the name "Satan" as a mere representation of their beliefs.
However, in the Invocations, it seems to me that the REAL being of Satan is called upon to help us with our earthy wishes.
Hence my question: No REAL being, no real power?
Again, please excuse my ignorance, as I am new to the left path.

S.

#201907 - 11/12/06 11:45 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: baszrat]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The use of Satan in ritual is pure metaphor. We do not believe in any external deities; not Satan, not God, not Thor, not the bogeyman.

Suspension of disbelief.

#201908 - 11/12/06 11:56 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
baszrat Offline

Understood.
Thank you.
I feel the need to go somewhere quiet and re-think things.
Although I know I am on the right track, This is all a bit hard for me to grasp, - as I was reared-up in the baptist church, to believe in all sorts of boggie men and such.

Thank you for your insight, and I'm sure I'll have another question for you soon enough.

S.

#201909 - 11/16/06 11:04 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: baszrat]
baszrat Offline

To Phineas and LeviathanXIII,

I just want to say thank you for your posts earlier. I realize that neither of you had to go out of your way to "steer" me in the direction that I needed to go, however you both did, and I am greatful.
Just for your information, I'd like to let you know how my last few days have gone.
As you both realize, from the sheer ignorance of the question that I asked, my mind was mired-down in the hypocrisy and voodoo of the religion in which I was raised. I have taken some time "off" and given serious thought on your responses to my question, and to the carefull re-reading of TSB.
As of today, I feel like I have been struck by lightning! I feel as though layers and layers of planted mucus have been removed from my brain! I feel free! My life (MY!! LIFE) can begin. I realize that I have a long way to go in my search for knowledge (my search for ME!), and I am hungry for more information.
Thank you for the slap in the face. I needed it!

S.

#201910 - 11/16/06 11:47 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe *DELETED* *DELETED* [Re: baszrat]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Post deleted by Evil_Eve

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#201911 - 11/16/06 11:53 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: Evil_Eve]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#201912 - 11/16/06 11:59 PM Re: Question for the experienced gods of the meta-tribe [Re: Evil_Eve]
baszrat Offline

YES your life. Live it and be free. No one can lead you to enlightenment. Satanism cannot be taught. If you feel you are a Satanist then live as one.

Eve.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Eve- YOU ROCK!

I feel as though my live has just begun. Quite a few wasted years (as I am 35 yrs. old), but better late than never.

Ready to LIVE!

S.

Also wanted to add this..........
EVE, you said---
HOWEVER: The Satanic Bible is quite easy to understand based on the premise that you by nature have always applied/identified with said phiolosophies.

and I would, for the record, like to say that I absolutly understood and identified with TSB... until I had a "brain-fart" when it came to the subject of greater magic. My very nature led me to doubt the religion that I was reared in. My very nature eventually lead me to discover Satanism. My very nature, my instinct, my gut, my brain-- whatever-- said "Hey stupid, there ain't no such thing as ghosts!"
Anyhow, Thanks for the advice, EVE- as I progress and study and learn, I'm sure I'll be seeking advice and wisdom from all of you who were wise enough to have started on this path earlier in life.

S.

Edited by baszrat (11/17/06 12:29 AM)

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements