Topic Options
#201945 - 11/12/06 11:43 PM How come the application has to be mail in?
Varg_Gorgon Offline
Banned

Loc: Canada
Hail, so this is my question: the Church of Satan has had a website for some time now, lots of things are pretty technological advance, and yet to apply for membership you have to send the application by mail, why is that? Wouldn't it be more convenient to have some kind of online application? I guess for one, the application process would take a bit less time, and maybe even safer (as far as lost mail is concerned). Finally, has the reason have to do with old-fashioned ways? or is it just plain logical? or is just more efficient from an administrative point of view? I sure hope, there is not a sort of top-secret reason for that Thanks for your answers, eh?

#201946 - 11/13/06 07:26 AM Re: How come the application has to be mail in? [Re: Varg_Gorgon]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
The Application for Active Membership may be emailed in as a text document.

The Registration Statement must be snail-mailed in because it requires that your actual signature be included, agreeing to our rules and policies.

That's all -- no anti-technology involved. Just a tiny stumbling-block to those who want instant gratification for everything.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#201947 - 11/13/06 11:41 PM Re: How come the application has to be mail in? [Re: MagistraNadramia]
Varg_Gorgon Offline
Banned

Loc: Canada
You reply is very much appreciate it. The explanation does make sense, and is just plain fair. Thanks.

#201948 - 02/19/07 09:21 AM Re: How come the application has to be mail in? [Re: MagistraNadramia]
5557773 Offline

Greetings,

I have paid via paypal, as well as mailed my signed statement in the mail. This doesn't happen to expedite things does it?

I had noticed in several of the posts by other members seem to communicate a long wait period for membership completion.

No hurry really, just curious is all if the paypal payment is a solution to expedite processing.

Thank you!

#201949 - 02/19/07 06:34 PM Re: How come the application has to be mail in? [Re: 5557773]
MagistraNadramia Offline

CoS HighPriestess

Loc: Hell's Kitchen, NYC
PayPal payment is the solution for our many international members to pay in their own currency with the least amount of trouble. It doesn't expedite the processing of Registered memberships, as I pointed out above, because the signed statement must be postal-mailed to us.

Joining this organization should be a decision that is made carefully, and one that can withstand a few weeks of delayed gratification.

Magistra Peggy Nadramia

Please email me with your membership questions - PMs may not be answered.
www.churchofsatan.com
HPNadramia@churchofsatan.com

#201950 - 02/20/07 09:48 AM Re: How come the application has to be mail in? [Re: MagistraNadramia]
5557773 Offline

Thank you for taking the time to address this question. I was simply curious; like I said I did see several "pending members" mention it in various threads. Me personally -I'm in no hurry :-)

Many thanks

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43876 Topics
405559 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements