Topic Options
#20263 - 01/10/04 10:56 PM Always the doormat...
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
Believe it or not, I was inspired to make a topic by the show "Rosanne"...

How many times have you heard the old story of a girl or a guy miserable in life because they can never find a good relationship, because they're a complete pushover with no self esteem.

Do you think this would still be the case if it weren't for the major Christian influence in America?? A religion that is telling you God loves you one minute and telling you you're a filthy unworthy sinner the next MUST have a huge influence on ones self esteem.

It certainly wouldn't be the case if there was a major Satanic influence, but that's beside the point. If it were simply a lack of Christian influence, would it still be like that?

Edited by MentalPause (01/10/04 10:56 PM)

#20264 - 01/10/04 11:39 PM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

My opinion is that mediocrity is not the result of Christianity but Christianity the result of mediocrity.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#20265 - 01/10/04 11:40 PM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Insurgent]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

And when people are taught to follow a religion resulting from mediocrity from birth, their life is destined for the same.

#20266 - 01/10/04 11:55 PM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Silence Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 29 Palms, CA
If it were simply a lack of Christian influence, would it still be like that?

Well, there will always be doormats and push-overs, people with no self-esteem, etc. Christianity certainly encourages it with its doctrine of human inferiority, but I doubt it's really a major cause of what your talking about since most self-proclaimed Christian teens are only so on Sunday mornings.

I think it's funny how preachers always tell kids, "you have to be 'intimate' with God!" HAHA! It just makes me picture a kid laying in bed with Jesus after having sex or something...

#20267 - 01/10/04 11:55 PM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Black_Knight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
It certainly wouldn't be the case if there was a major Satanic influence, but that's beside the point.

You're terribly mistaken! There will always be the weak victim to be used as lunch for the strong, healthy and successful elitist. Outside influence has nothing to do with how people will motivate themselves in the real world. Real motivation comes from within, and those that use it to realize their objectives are the ones that move ahead.

#20268 - 01/11/04 12:23 AM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
If it were simply a lack of Christian influence, would it still be like that?

Yes! Definitely! They were losers before Christianity was invented. There were losers in Communist countries, where people were born, raised and educated into atheistic environments. There are losers in Islamic, Hindu and Taoist countries. There will be losers in the far future, where the main religion will probably be some "Virtual Spirituality" where people plug their brains to the Internet to commune with the "Higher Consciousness Server".

And by the way... who is "Rosanne"?

#20269 - 01/11/04 12:54 AM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Black_Knight]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Eh, a bit of generalizing on my part I suppose. I meant on a very large scale.

#20270 - 01/11/04 08:51 AM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And when people are taught to follow a religion resulting from mediocrity from birth, their life is destined for the same.

I disagree...

My parents raised my brother and I to be Catholic (Roman Catholic, if you want to get down to details). We were baptised and had to go to church with them on Sundays and both were placed in parochial school.

My brother gave me my first copy of TSB when i was about 14 (he was 17). Neither of us have led a life of mediocrity. Are you telling me that your parents are Satanists and have raised you accordingly?

It has nothing to do with what one is taught growing up, and everything to do with what one truly is .

Patricia

#20271 - 01/11/04 10:09 AM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
No.

Religion is only as effective as its followers.

Therefore, a weak man is a weak man, regardless of which belief he adheres to. Same goes for the strong.

Both are needed for balance. You can't have one without the other.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#20272 - 01/11/04 11:48 AM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
NaamahPink Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Kentucky
Quote:

NO! If that were true, dare I say most people on this very board would not be here. I was raised in a lower-middle to poverty line Christian household, but I am a Satanist. That means that I have the motivation, strength, and willpower to mold my own life, which is certainly not mediocore.

You can give the stupid masses the world at their fingertips, you can fill their head full of "self-esteem" ladden compliments, and they will still fail miserably. Likewise, you can put a Satanist in a poor neighborhood, with lousy parents, and he or she will get off their ass and do something with their life.

That is the very essence of Satanist are born not made, and the same sentiment of being born and not made could equally be applied to the mediocore person. They will not change, because they do not and will not have the courage nor willpower to grab the steering wheel of their life.

If Christianity disappears, it will quickly be replaced by another crutch for the weak that say "you're okay." Don't be stupid, there is nothing one can do to make a super intelligent rational public with self-intrest a heart short of killing those who do not fit the bill. There is no converting the weak and shaping them into the strong. You can't mold an apple into a orange.

#20273 - 01/11/04 03:45 PM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Stanton_Vetalas]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
I must disagree.

I was raised a very fundamentalist Christian, violently so. To the point of beatings and brainwashing.

Hasn't stopped me from realising what I am. Those that are Satanists will, for some unknown reason, realise who and what they are and recognise that they walk the Left Hand Path. They will inevitably come to realise these things, CoS or not. Water sinks to it's own level. A Satanist is born, not made. Even the most effective indoctrination will not keep a Satanist from discovering the Left Hand Path.

Something like the story of the lion that was raised by sheep. Only one day the lion looked into a pool of water and realised that he is not sheep but a lion.

The "doormat" problem results from poor management of anger. Watch the movie "Anger Management". It shows not only a case of a man who is constantly shit on by others, but a self-aware man that shows this "doormat" how to keep from getting shit on. The "doormat" misdirects his anger, he is perpetually angry at himself. Instead of smashing his enemy on the face when slapped, he becomes angry with himself and furthers the damage done to his ego by brow-beating himself.

Edited by Felstorm (01/11/04 03:50 PM)

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#20274 - 01/11/04 04:11 PM Re: Always the doormat... [Re: Felstorm]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Ok calm down lol. I was proven wrong. But I just want to point out that this was just some little debate.. not my own personal feelings (other than the thing I said about it wouldn't be that way if it were a Satanist influence, and I sitll think it would atleast greatly lesson the case if people in america were taught to feel extremely strong about themselves in childhood)

Forum Stats
12096 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405464 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements