Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#203038 - 11/18/06 02:29 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: gypsy]
Hydra_M_Star Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Quote:

What I am suggesting is that this particular subject (Odor and such) was most likely a personal thing/fetish perhaps of the good Doc.

Or it could be part of our animal nature. Most animals use scent in some form as part of their mating rituals. If you don't then it is you that is the odd one out, not Dr. LaVey.

I no longer have to read into anything, your reply to my simple suggestion has proven that you have a negative attitude and negative view of the whole subjest, possilbe the whole book. You cannot even see that your view (or side of things) isn't the only view (or side of things). We have a word for that in Satanism. Do you know what that is?

And it is not a matter of taking everything he wrote as law, but if you have admited to not trying something and are completely unwilling to ever try it, how can you say that it isn't? Doing this does not make you a free thinking, which I imagine is the impression you are trying to make with such statements, it actually makes you closed minded.

Either way I'm done with this. Take all the baths you like and cover yourself in all the false scents you like. I'm sure the men in your life have told you how much they love it. Just like I'm sure they have all told you the truth if asked how you look in a certain style or outfit. Men are such honest creatures when it comes to these things.

#203039 - 11/18/06 02:45 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Zaftig]
coralie011 Offline

Loc: Las Vegas
This is so true when my hubby gets home from work (he is a tile setter) he has to peel me off of him.... Yummy...

#203040 - 11/18/06 02:50 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Mr_47]
Lust Offline

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It works for Warlocks, too.

Would you like to elaborate?

The information provided in TSW works for men as well as women. You just have to know how to extrapolate the data and apply it to the masculine form rather than the female form.

This I understand, but the topic in question is the doggie-bag. Now if a man were to wear such a thing it would only attract other straight men. Being a straight man this is how I would percieve this, so I cannot see the advantages of a man, straight, or gay, using the doggie-bag, can you?
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#203041 - 11/18/06 03:05 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Evil_Eve]
Hydra_M_Star Offline
CoS Member

Well at least you gave it a try before judging it.

I would say it is likely a matter of not over doing it on either side. I don't think anyone is suggesting that you should walk around smelling like a street person, but too much purfume to me is nearly a bad.

As for the underwear thing. I too am all for changing them. Not because of smell, but because of the raised risk of yeast infection.

As for your panties being clean when you die. Due to way the way body shuts down we are all likely to go out of this world with soiled underwear rather we started the day with them or not.

#203042 - 11/18/06 03:07 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Magnus]
Hydra_M_Star Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, and by the way I read a study last year out of Germany that said picking your nose and eating it helps to bust your immune sytem

So does sex. Tough choice

Indeed.

It is amazing sometimes how things are connected in ways we never could have imagined.

#203043 - 11/18/06 03:09 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Lust]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
No, I couldn't think of a reason for a man to wear a doggie bag. However, when I was reading the posts, it seemed Felstorm was elaborating moreso on the importance of odors in general. This is why I responded in the manner I did.

Odors can work either way, for man or woman. I have tested this for myself effectively. Doggie bags, however, would be one of those things I would also find to be strictly a female design(in the textbook sense).

Then again, I suppose if you used one of your own natural male scents in the same manner(i.e. sweat), it could very well work for a male in the same sense simply by substituting menstrual scents for masculine sweat.

Edited by xDravenx (11/18/06 03:14 PM)

#203044 - 11/18/06 03:17 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Mr_47]
Lust Offline

Then again, I suppose if you used one of your own natural male scents in the same manner(i.e. sweat), it could very well work for a male in the same sense simply by substituting menstrual scents for masculine sweat.

Now that is an interesting theory.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#203045 - 11/18/06 03:25 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Lust]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

Now that is an interesting theory.

You're welcome. One thing that made me think of that is that men have their own cycles as well. It's just that instead of us bleeding, our chemical shift is represented in the scent(and frequency) of our sweat.

Edited by xDravenx (11/18/06 03:27 PM)

#203046 - 11/18/06 03:28 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: reprobate]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Conditioning is very powerful, and really can effect psychological and physiological changes that would fly in the face of nature. This observation is born out by empirical evidence and is rather self-evident.

In this particular case, the media has saturated the playing field with add after add of smell-goods and "fashionable" scents. Given long enough, this type of exposure will often lead to these perfumes and colognes becoming the norm; natural in a sense.

Also, through conditioning, I think it's possible to appreciate an odor, especially if that odor is associated with a desirable object, person or memory.

So yes, I do think it's possible to "cast off social conditioning," however, I think it's fairly uncommon to find that in today's climate.

Society is taught what to like and what not to like, so a scent that deviates from the norm will often be viewed with revulsion, regardless of whether or not it's considered mildly appealing. The majority of people will deny it for the sake of saving face in their social 'clicks' or because they don't want to be ridiculed.

That is their nature.

I do see great worth in this particular case, however, I think it's a situational practice that runs a fair risk of being met with derision and failure.

It does seem that I was a bit unclear with my choice of diction, I trust that this helps clarify my thought process, even if you don't agree?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a persons faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#203047 - 11/18/06 03:53 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Mr_47]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
Quote:

simply by substituting menstrual scents for masculine sweat.

OR, perhaps, sperm...?

#203048 - 11/18/06 04:00 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Lust]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
It's amazing to me just how taboo this subject is to some people. Scents are so important. I rediscovered this after I quit smoking. I have not tried the doggie bag practice but of course it makes sense.

I've worn vanilla oil since highschool and it always works. Some men think it smells like cigars...? I tend to want anything that smells edible... . Liquid smoke has always had a nice effect, a nice hickory smell. I spend way too much time in the kitchen.

I would also agree with Felstorm, lexiphanic and coralie that women love to smell a man's sweat. Incredibely erotic.

The exact opposite is true of too much perfume (which just gives me a migraine). I think too much perfume on women is positively nauseating.

There is certainly something to be said about the smell of a man in a clean crisp pressed shirt but it gets so much better when I can smell his heat. Sweat, pheromones, whatever, conjure up such vivid images without any other impetus. A musk so thick in the air you can practically taste it. Yummy!

Now who wouldn't utilize this?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#203049 - 11/18/06 05:12 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: The_Lightning]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Quote:

simply by substituting menstrual scents for masculine sweat.

OR, perhaps, sperm...?

That loses it's smell after an hour or so.

#203050 - 11/18/06 05:49 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Lust]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Wear an undershirt during a "clean day" when you're not working excessively to get your natural smell on it. Then save and wear this under your regular shirt when you wish to have "instant scent."

Or just quit wearing deodorant all the time...it's really not necessary you know, and contrary to popular belief, unless you have a truly repulsive natural smell due to disease, work conditions, diet, or genetic bad luck, it's not going to stink up the whole room and repel everyone. Note that the most popular colognes attempt to create a cheap, alcohol-laden imitation of male body odor; this is verified by the fact that I've actually been asked if I'm wearing some faint cologne when I've worn nothing at all (I don't use deodorant or cologne).

You could theoretically make a male "doggy bag," though I've not personally tried it, and I think I'll leave the details of that to your imagination.

#203051 - 11/18/06 06:03 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Lust Offline

Wear an undershirt during a "clean day" when you're not working excessively to get your natural smell on it. Then save and wear this under your regular shirt when you wish to have "instant scent."

I thank you Warlock, for the great advice. I too shun deodorant, and cologne's as much as possible. The only exception is when I have to deal with clients while working, and have to make a day of it.

You could theoretically make a male "doggy bag," though I've not personally tried it, and I think I'll leave the details of that to your imagination.

I have no need for it, but if I did, I think that I would go with what xDravenx suggested.

#203052 - 11/18/06 06:05 PM Re: For The Witches [Re: Lust]
Lazarus Offline

Loc: Sacramento, California
Well, if I may add my two scents, ( OK, sorry ), my two cents here, I remember my Father telling me that they didn't have deodorant or toothpaste when he was a child, yet he can't remember anyone ever smelling or having bad breath. I've heard several other of the elderly say the same thing. I wonder if it may just be that we are so accustomed to smelling a certain way, that often the enticement of our more errogenous natural scents escapes us?

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

Forum Stats
12219 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements