Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#203655 - 11/22/06 02:46 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Groundhog]
Lust Offline

1. Welfare
2. Death Row
3. Anchovies as a pizza topping

1. No more should those who work have to pay for those who do not!

2. If someone is found guilty and sentenced to death, they should be executed right away, instead of draining tax dollars.

3. It just ruins my appetite.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#203656 - 11/22/06 04:10 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Lust]
d1g1t Offline

Loc: Southwest UK
Quote:

But what if someone needs support whilst looking for a job?

#203657 - 11/22/06 04:14 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: d1g1t]
Groundhog Offline

I suppose unemployment insurance hasn't been sent to room 101, yet.

#203658 - 11/22/06 04:34 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: d1g1t]
Lust Offline

Quote:

Quote:

But what if someone needs support whilst looking for a job?

No excuses! No exceptions! No buts!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#203659 - 11/22/06 05:02 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

1. 2pac

Will this guy die alfuckinready?

2. Spangers

No I don't have any change. Fuck off!

3. Racism

We all have assholes. Skin color has nothing to do with the shit.

HS!

#203660 - 11/22/06 06:37 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Bill_M]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
That's a good point, Mr. Bill_M.

I think I'll change my three to:

1. Obnoxious people.*
2. Radio programming.**
3. Water-saving toilets.***

*Same reason as I stated before.

**I'm stuck listening to it when I'm on the road for my job, and although I enjoy silence it can often be hypnotizing on a long drive. So when I DO want to listen to some music, I'm left with very little to choose from.

***It's great for saving on the heating & water bill, however, I'm continually left plunging; gets a bit irritating after the first few times - not to be nasty or anything.

#203661 - 11/22/06 06:58 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
Vathek Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Southeast
1. Psychic Vampires
2. Oprah (and those like her)
3. Cheap Wine

My reasons, I think, are obvious. I wonder though, is there too
much overlap between #1 and #2

#203662 - 11/22/06 07:01 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

1.) SUV's (waste of money and resources)
2.) Brand name clothes (why anyone would want to wear a shirt that says "Tommy Hilfiger" when their name is not "Tommy Hilfiger" I do not know.)
3.) Commercials ( I thought the whole reason behind paying for T.V. channels is because they don't receive money from sponsors, so why are there commercials on channels we pay for?).

#203663 - 11/22/06 07:10 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: DickSteele]
Vathek Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Southeast
Quote:

3.) Commercials ( I thought the whole reason behind paying for T.V. channels is because they don't receive money from sponsors, so why are there commercials on channels we pay for?).

To influence the unwashed masses, the Illiterati as I call them, into buying those SUVs and brand name clothes

#203664 - 11/22/06 08:10 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: d1g1t]
redheadgrl Offline

a savings account, perhaps?

#203665 - 11/23/06 08:46 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: TrojZyr]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
1.) Death
2.)Pseudoscience
3.)Non skeptics

Reasons:

Number one is apparently obvious. We all want to be immortal, or to pass on our mortality to that of another/others.

I don't think that this prospect is impossible either.
With the strides we have Scientifically accomplished, I feel that someone will crack the code.

In my lifetime? I don't know. What I DO KNOW is that we have a better chance/possiblity of immortality now than EVER before.

Exciting!

Pseudoscience:

These nut job Pseudoscientist are harming the human race and Scientific progression greatly.

Pseudoscience is a global trend. It's dangerous! Full of Psychics, entertainers, etc.

Many of our TOP LEAD officials rely on astrolgers and make very BIG descisions based on bogus information that some crack pot relays to them.

It may seem amusing, that people can be so gullible to be swept up by such doctrine but to me it is frightening!

Pseduoscience is what cults are born from. No one is interested in what these cults are and how they began. People tend to simply 'ignore' them.

Ill patched Science (pseudoscience and general superstitions) are the great evils of this world.

I could go into a great diatribe about this and talk Science until the cows come home. Why? Exactly!

The bottom line is this:

GIVE ME FACTS. Don't give me your theories. Don't give me your FAITH. GIVE ME FACTS. I want to see them. I want to witness them. I want them on paper. I want a blueprint.

Talk all you want. Talk until you are blue in the face. Until I see proof? You are just another charlatan. A phoney. A fraud.

Science. NOT FICTION PLEASE.

Okay/end rant.

How wonderful would it be to have EVERYONE (of course I realize this is not possible) to be a skeptic?

To have all question everything.
To have all believe NOTHING until it can be PROVEN beyond a shaddow of a doubt?

Pish posh.

I know this is a pipe dream and one that will never be realized. I know this. I am a REALIST.

However, this thread of course, poses three answers to one hypothetical question.

There is no room 101. There is no such place that would hold the evils, the bigotry, the dogma etc. in this world secure.

I would like to see people that question those in authority. I would like to see people who do NOT slide back into superstiton and darkness.

I would like to END the 'dumbing down of America' and the end of the 'dumbing down' of ALL people in this world.

I don't pick fights. I try not to speak in company often.

I got into a small debate in the Chicago International Airport Crew Room of all damned places last night over such issues.

These idiots that man our airplanes watch the idot box non stop whilst in said crew room quite often.

You know the type. The ones who watch gleefully as America is entertained by the stupidity of others by such shows as Jerry Springer, Judge Mathis, Montel bullshit and the like.

I AM NOT entertained by such things. It sickens me! This is what we have become? Is THIS what we have evolved to?

They think the topic matter is just grand. I simply sit there and wonder....

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE???????????

Are there not more intelligent topics of discussion besides 'are you the Father'?

I listened to a pilot talk about a whole slew of issues EVEN on the topic of breast feeding! (on which I might say he was very ill informed) last evening.

From gun control, to abortion, to MORALITY.

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that is where I opened my mouth.

I was sitting at a table with another group of pilots. This crusty old fart spouting off his rhetoric was of course, alone at his table. Hmmmm wonder why?

Finally, I got up from the table after listening to so much of his BS and said openly: (in part) I cannot remember my exact words but they were something like this:

"This is not a place for you to speak of morals and morality". This is an airline crew room. If I want a lesson in morals, I will find them elsewhere. I feel that your views are dangerous, and on the verge of madness. I'm ending this conversation now."

Sometimes, you have to remove yourself from stupidity. Okay, oft times.

If we could end these superstions, these visions of sugar plums and the like dancing in heads.... if we could all unite the vast intellect that resides in this world?

If we could put it all in a couldron and mix it up a bit.... what could we as the human race achieve? WITHOUT superstition, without fear of boogey men, or god, or some higher being that doesn't exist.

WHAT?!?!

What, could we do?

I feel much more would get done. Put the BS aside and let's concentrate on what is here, what is real.

BS puts a damper on real Science.

I want REAL Science.

Many are SO fearful of the outside world and it's dangers that they GLADLY embrace ANYTHING that promises to soften or explain away their terrors.

With Skeptecism, with Science, we can at the very least attempt to understand the world around us. If you believe EVERYTHING? You will fall for everything.

Damn it, I'm sorry.

Pseudoscientist/ Pseudoscience is something I can rant about/debate about for hours on end.

You asked a question with three possible answers.

Those are mine.

If you want further reason I will be MORE than happy to elaborate.

Until then?

Carry on. Good show.

#203666 - 11/23/06 08:52 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: Evil_Eve]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
1)Pop music

2)Modern Culture (with the exception of science)

3)Vegetarians

#203667 - 11/23/06 10:33 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: Evil_Eve]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Quote:

1. Death

Quite a lot of people here seem to want to be done away with death.

Quote:

that will be banished forever from the face of the earth

Thing is that means immortality will be given to everyone and then that will be the day when idiots cannot be wiped off the face of the Earth. Destruction Rituals would just be a few candles, the invocations and a good session of honest emotionalizing without any result. The reprehensible will forever walk the avenues of society and more and more will be spawned.

But it would seem like you are referring to Immortality when applied to yourself (?). Correct me if I'm wrong, I am not trying to stir up an argument just throwing in how I would feel about living forever. If I lived forever, I can do anything, but what happens after the first thousand years, when the world will have gone sour and perhaps I may be exhausted and jaded over with all the joys of the world? Sure, I'd like to live longer but to live forever would mean that eventually I would become weary of the world. So Im not that sure about death.

As with pseudo-science, I completely agree, morons who are out there trying to mix religion with science are impeding the advancement of science.

And the stuff with the idiot box, it's what we need to keep the herd as the herd.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#203668 - 11/24/06 07:18 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: tovasshi]
DamnedLucky Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Quote:

3. Anyone who buys into the latest fashion trend.

Tut tut. Fashion is a witch's best friend.

#203669 - 11/24/06 07:35 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
d3icide Offline

Loc: South of Heaven
1. My ex-girlfriends: I just want them to vanish...
2. Religions: Because it is a vital ingredient in creating chaos and holy wars, discrimination of beliefs and races, etc.
3. Pain: Everybody hates pain.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements