CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Quote:

3. Pain: Everybody hates pain.

Speak for yourself.
A lot of people find pleasure in pain.
One can learn a lot from it.

Pain (the word) can have rather subjective definitions no?

It depends on what type of 'pain' you are referring to.

Is it that of physical pain or emotional/mental pain?

It is a longing? An aching? Or is it a beating. A throbbing. A ball gag?

Pain.

My little toe hurts right now, (sincerely) and I don't LIKE it. Most people don't normally LIKE pain.

We have a brain. When we touch something hot, our nerves send out a signal to our brains that says: OUCH! HOT! PAIN!

Fetishes are a whole different thing when it comes to pain. All animals and humans normally do not LIKE pain.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#203672 - 11/24/06 01:09 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Evil_Eve]
Elend Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Netherlands
Of course there are many sorts of pain. All of them teach a lesson though.

Quote:

We have a brain. When we touch something hot, our bodies send out a signal to our brains that says: OUCH! HOT! PAIN!

A beautiful example of one of the first lessons everyone learns.
This is one of the reasons I like pain. It keeps me alive. The reactions of our parents teach us that pain is bad and we should minimize it at the instant.
So here's the question.
Do most people, and other animals for that matter, dislike pain because it is natural or because it is imprinted on us from birth?
Most will say natural.
Some will not.
Therefore he can not speak for me.
What kind of pain we are talking about is really moot.
It is the leason learned that is important.
Since it teaches me something, I find pleasure in it.

#203673 - 11/24/06 03:30 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

Evil_Eve-you really want all the stupid people alive in the world today to live forever?

#203674 - 11/24/06 03:36 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: redheadgrl]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Not really, however, what other choice do I have?

It's all or none. I don't feel comfortable with someone 'choosing' who lives on and who doesn't get that option.

I don't feel comfortable with someone choosing who is intelligent enough for mortality and who isn't intelligent enough.

We can fend for ourselves. We do now don't we?

Look around you. Look at the dolts that surround you.

We can pick out a spade from a deck of cards. Let the blind lead the blind. I myself am skipping over the ditch.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#203675 - 11/24/06 03:58 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Evil_Eve]
redheadgrl Offline

I prefer to let people be as self-destructive as they want---commit suicide, overdose on drugs, etc. If they want to die, let them die. The idea of them repeatedly doing stupid things after they finally figure out they aren't going to die isn't something I want to be around.

I wouldn't want to be forced to find ways to avoid or have to endure the company of stupid people for an eternity-that would be punishment to me.

They're tolerable now because their sheep mentality and behavior does present a number of advantages to the intelligent.

#203676 - 11/24/06 04:33 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: DamnedLucky]
tovasshi Offline

Loc: Banana, Canada
*shudder*

Have you seen what a lot of guys are wearing these days? You know those emo guys? They cought onto the whole pants around the knees thing, except their pants are skin tight. So instead of looking like you are wearing pants that are way too big, they have this thing where your pants are way too small.

#203677 - 11/24/06 04:48 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Elend]
Xsel Offline

Loc: Finland
Pain is the reason we know we are alive. It separetas us from the hipocritical bs that oterhs call christianity. In the christian belief system when you go to heaven it is all supposed to be nice and peacefull. It is perfectly natural then to think that the lack of pain is when you are dead. Otherwords when you can feel pain, you know that you are alive.

#203678 - 11/24/06 04:54 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Xsel]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Quote:

Pain is the reason we know we are alive. It separetas us from the hipocritical bs that oterhs call christianity. In the christian belief system when you go to heaven it is all supposed to be nice and peacefull. It is perfectly natural then to think that the lack of pain is when you are dead. Otherwords when you can feel pain, you know that you are alive.

Can't I just feel pleasure and know I am alive? Pleasure can be as intense as pain, why does it have to be pain that you choose to feel alive? Seriously I would much rather feel pleasure and say "Ah, there is that wonderful pleasurable feeling that makes me know I am alive!"

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#203679 - 11/24/06 06:29 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: dragondancer]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Do forgive me Biffo. I inadvertantly skipped over your reply.

Quote:

But it would seem like you are referring to Immortality when applied to yourself (?). Correct me if I'm wrong, I am not trying to stir up an argument just throwing in how I would feel about living forever. If I lived forever, I can do anything, but what happens after the first thousand years, when the world will have gone sour and perhaps I may be exhausted and jaded over with all the joys of the world? Sure, I'd like to live longer but to live forever would mean that eventually I would become weary of the world. So Im not that sure about death.

Indeed, my own mortality.

Weary of the world? I myself, am already weary of this world and much of the occupants who reside in it.

Still, I would like to continue, to carry on, to live forever.

I have a Scientific mind. I do so love the achievements that the human animal has accomplished.

I like reading about a vast many things, but most of all, I like to read about progression.

Cures of ailments, forensics... ahhh forensic Science! My most favourite of all fields of Science!

It's much harder for someone to murder someone else these days.
Hair follicles, fibers, blood spatters and the like.

How wonderful!

If I have to deal with others who are less advanced than myself, who are less inclined to accept Scientific fact? So be it. I deal with these people already on a daily basis.

It's a necessary evil. (Dealing with those who are clueless, with those that are ignorant.)

Makes no nevermind to me. I would like to continue. To do something marverlous. To bring something of worth to this world and if it takes me an eternity to do so? Yes, I will still try.

Yes, my own mortality, but still, I am not comfortable with speaking of others mortality.

I am a god, however I don't choose to be anothers god and make decisions that would end life to those who I would deem 'not worthy' of living forever.

I can't do that. I won't either.

Live and let live.
Live and let die.

The choice is not up to me, thank Lucifers stars.

Edit: I will say this after reviewing this post:

It appears that I may look like some bleeding heart liberal in which I am not. I am a strong supporter of the death penalty. If you are a lowlife scumbag that breaks the law and kills another? I'll happily watch you roast in the electric chair.

I will help hold the needle for your lethal injection.

Okay, moving on now.

Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.

#203680 - 11/25/06 09:48 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: Evil_Eve]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Well said Evil Eve!

As for the seperate issue of pain. I agree that we must have all forms of pain, yes it remind us that we are alive and kicking and other then that its just like love and hate. You must have both to be a good judge of character and who you truly love. With pain it is a good way to tell pleasure from pain.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#203681 - 11/25/06 05:58 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Every time I think of anything there seems to be an advantage as well...

Let's see...

- People who can't listen or won't let you finish a sentence cause they're castrating and exhausting.
- Petty people, cause they're an obstacle to my spontaneity.
- Pseudo-intellectuals, cause they're always trying to trap you on their neat drawers of ranged references, but cannot relate to practical thinking.

Advantages:

- People who can't listen loose details.
- Petty people are easily fed with gossip. They're wonderful messaging devices.
- Pseudo-intellectuals are a wonderful source of references and enhance my capacity to develop original reasoning. They make wonderful caricatures.

HS
october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#203682 - 11/25/06 06:20 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Xsel]
leonor Offline

You should twist your back the way did the day before yesterday and fancy the pain.

I look like my grand ma shortly after "falling from her tripod".

Sitting at home upright on this not very ergonomic chair on a saturday night, feeling very much alive!

Sorry, just releasing the pain...

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#203683 - 11/25/06 06:28 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: Groundhog]
leonor Offline

I had to laugh on this one!!

Not a good picture, is it?

october1560

#203684 - 11/26/06 02:58 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: d3icide]
redheadgrl Offline

Quote:

3. Pain: Everybody hates pain.

I watched a video on a little girl with a rare neurological disorder-she can feel no pain. As an infant she blinded herself in one eye and was almost completely blind in the other. Not only would she hurt herself badly and not be aware of it but she had to be watched constantly because she wasn't old enough to understand how to be aware of self-preservation or caution. Without pain, self-preservation will be a learned skill for her.
Most of us have our pain sensors to assist in this learning.

Adults would approach her parents and talk about her enviable condition, her parents would assure them it isn't enviable-quite the contrary.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405542 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements