Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#203702 - 12/30/06 09:12 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: TrojZyr]
ElJago Offline

Loc: Northumberland, England
Quote:

Well, how fat is fat?

I tend to not be in a hurry in the grocery store. So, rather than just slow-moving people, the folks I REALLY get irritated with are the ones who make abrupt stops, or maneuvers that either result in me being hit, bumped, or blocked.

You've just highlighted one of my pet hates, people who walk around so oblivious to their surroundings and other people, they often stop dead in the middle of a store aisle and then give you dirty looks when YOU bump into THEM !
You almost expect them to say "Hey ! why don't you watch where I'M going ?"
I recently watched the original version of Dawn of the Dead and began to wonder if it was a horror film or a documentary about the majority of customers who frequent my local mall !

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#203703 - 12/30/06 10:14 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
1. MY writer's block (not the writer's block of my competitors )
2. People who live their lives based on the music they listen to (especially the so-called "Hip Hop culture").
3. Collectivism

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#203704 - 12/31/06 12:29 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
Amon Offline

Loc: Port Angeles Washington
1.Christmas, the whole idea makes me sick.I mean buying stuff for people and they just return it or throw.ungrateful cads.
2.The whole hip-hop thing I can't stand it,it killed mtv,it makes people pretend to be what their not.I also can't stand people in their cars pumping their hip-hop music.
3.ignorant people that can never get a clue.I encounter this all the time wether it's asking someone a question or their opinion on something I can never get a straight answer

Ave Satanas! \m/

#203705 - 12/31/06 12:47 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Ok.

All the things I should have said that I never said.

All the things I should have done that I never did.

All the things I should have given that I never gave.

This stupid song I can't get out of my head. Thank you Kate Bush. Oops I ran out of options.

Happy?
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#203707 - 12/31/06 07:01 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: Svengali]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

And so it is done...

Check out her new title.
Prevention of Virtue

#203708 - 12/31/06 07:05 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: LKRice]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination

#203709 - 12/31/06 07:31 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
ElJago Offline

1 - The "singer" James Blunt (his name is now rhyming slang for...well I think thats obvious).
2 - Celebrity chef's - "I can cook a meal using fresh ingredients bow before me in awe and supplication mortal".
3 - Tom Cruise - uber idiot manchild, if a hollywood studio gives you the push for acting like a dick then truly you are a dick amongst men.

Alice laughed. "There's no use trying," she said, "one can't believe impossible things."
"I daresay you haven't had much practice," said the Queen. "When I was younger, I always did it for half an hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast." - Lewis Carroll, Through the looking glass.

#203710 - 12/31/06 11:00 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: ElJago]
BlueHeeler Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Quote:

1 - The "singer" James Blunt (his name is now rhyming slang for...well I think thats obvious).
2 - Celebrity chef's - "I can cook a meal using fresh ingredients bow before me in awe and supplication mortal".
3 - Tom Cruise - uber idiot manchild, if a hollywood studio gives you the push for acting like a dick then truly you are a dick amongst men.

I want a bigger Room 101. 3 things to banish just isn't enough.

Blunt annoys me like nothing else, his voice grates on me nerves and makes me feel sick.
Cruise is the biggest moron to grace the celebrity pages. He is a wanker right down to the core, I can't stand the sight of him.

#203711 - 12/31/06 01:34 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
I don’t know if the original poster of this thread intended it to be a survey on this very phenomenon. But I have noticed that most people want to use the “room” to banish things that are completely avoidable and will bother them only if they WANT to bother by them.

I see people select annoying actors, singers, music styles, etc… to be locked forever in the mythical room.

Most of the people/things mentioned are such I have never heard about at all (perhaps because I watch little TV) Why should anyone be so disturbed by some piece of pop (poop?) culture than they want it to disappear, when it is perfectly easy to obtain the same results by simply keeping away from it?

You detest some singer? Don’t listen to him!
You hate some actor? Don’t watch his movies/interviews!
You loathe some kind of TV/Radio show? Turn off the receiver!

#203712 - 12/31/06 01:38 PM Re: Room 101 [Re: JSBlack]
Spartan Offline

Loc: Texas, USA -Fort Worth
Sporks, President W, & oil

#203713 - 01/01/07 09:34 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: BlueHeeler]
ElJago Offline

I agree 3 items of hatred just isn't enough.

If I was ever to appear on the Room 101 tv program they would have to turn it into a 24 hour charity telethon.

#203714 - 01/01/07 10:23 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: Old_Pig]
G X B Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Florida
Quote:

Why should anyone be so disturbed by some piece of pop (poop?) culture than they want it to disappear, when it is perfectly easy to obtain the same results by simply keeping away from it?

It isn't always so easy to refrain from seeing or hearing pop-culture gremlins. For example, I have a hard time shopping for groceries while staying at home.

Replace "In God We Trust" with "Responsibility to the Responsible."

"Knowledge is long, and life is short, and he who does not know, does not live." -Baltasar Gracian, The Art of Worldly Wisdom

MySpace | The Third Side Conservative | Undercroft

#203715 - 01/01/07 11:22 AM Re: Room 101 [Re: G X B]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Indeed.

I've managed to control my environment to an impressive degree, and I'd like to do it even better in the future. TiVo and XM, anyone?

But, yeah, I do choose to and have to go to various public places and deal with noise and annoyance. What's more, sometimes, I do like to watch a little TV or listen to the radio, because I like a little random, unexpected spontaneity.

Mostly, my third entry was a joke. If I had a real opportunity to banish something for all eternity, I wouldn't waste it on a song that's going to be gone in six months anyway .

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406358 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements