Topic Options
#204039 - 11/23/06 12:34 PM Music and the Church of Satan.
Daigon Offline

Loc: United States
I have noticed that in the world of music, alot of bands claim to be "Satanic" or will claim to have some sort of involvment with the Church of Satan. My question is this, what is the Church of Satans stance on music that is portrayed as Satanic or members who claim to have offiliation with the Church of Satan. Im not talking about them mentioning it in an interview, but blatenly making it a point that everyone and their brother know. Dimmu Borgir is a prime example, the singer Shagrath makes it a point to show that he is a Satanist via photos of him praying at an alter and practicaly making the pentagram and baphoment a copy right under his name. That and if the Chruch of Satan as official bands that the Church endorses and how would a band go about recieving something like that?

#204040 - 11/23/06 01:10 PM Re: Music and the Church of Satan. [Re: Daigon]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

My question is this, what is the Church of Satans stance on music that is portrayed as Satanic or members who claim to have offiliation with the Church of Satan.

If a member of the Church of Satan chooses to reveal their affiliation with us that is their business. As to music, we know that musical tastes are entirely subjective so to each his own. There is no official musical style or genre of the Church of Satan.

Quote:

That and if the Chruch of Satan as official bands that the Church endorses and how would a band go about recieving something like that?

The Church of Satan does not endorse bands.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

#204041 - 11/23/06 01:14 PM Re: Music and the Church of Satan. [Re: MagisterRose]
Daigon Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:

That and if the Chruch of Satan as official bands that the Church endorses and how would a band go about recieving something like that?

The Church of Satan does not endorse bands.

I asked about that because there are some Death Metal and Black Metal bands that claim to be "Official music of the Church of Satan" I beleive one of the bands was Aborted.

#204042 - 11/23/06 01:17 PM Re: Music and the Church of Satan. [Re: Daigon]
MagisterRose Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

I asked about that because there are some Death Metal and Black Metal bands that claim to be "Official music of the Church of Satan" I beleive one of the bands was Aborted.

They are lying.

The good die young... because they see it's no use living if you've got to be good.
John Barrymore

HARDCOVER INFERNALIA

PAPERBACK INFERNALIA

HARDCOVER KASIDAH

PAPERBACK KASIDAH

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43640 Topics
404157 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements