Topic Options
#204075 - 11/23/06 05:46 PM The Baron Evola and the Satanism
Lord Xolothi Offline

Loc: Italia
Greetings.
Many Satanist have express his appreciation and admiration for the works of Julius Evola.
Now,this is very strange,because the philosophy of Evola are in many ways different from the Satanic Philosophy of LaVey.
Thus,i'm like to know the opinions of the members of this Forum about the points in common between the Evola Philosophy and the Satanic Doctrine.
Because Evola like to the Satanist?
Keep in touch.
HS

#204076 - 11/23/06 05:52 PM Re: The Baron Evola and the Satanism [Re: Lord Xolothi]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Quote:

Many Satanist have express his appreciation and admiration for the works of Julius Evola.

Who are these "many" you mention?

#204077 - 11/23/06 05:58 PM Re: The Baron Evola and the Satanism [Re: $lesk]
Lord Xolothi Offline

Loc: Italia
Do you want an compleat list??

#204078 - 11/23/06 07:13 PM Re: The Baron Evola and the Satanism [Re: Lord Xolothi]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I would not call Evola a Satanist or defacto Satanist. Some of his ideas are akin to Satanism in some ways, but diametrically opposed in other instances. Opposed more often than not, and on fundamental issues.

He is akin in advocating an elitism and natural aristocracy that insulates itself from the degenerate bovine mindlessness of the masses, and in much of his cultural criticism.

His transcendental "spirituality" is not compatable with Satanism at all. Evola was opposed to materialism in the philosophical sense and in the vulgar sense of the term.

Evola is a very interesting and erudite writer and a fascinating historical personage. As far as "spiritual" thinkers go, he has much more substance than the Crowleys and Krishnamurtis of the world, in my opinion.

He is definately a person of interest. Obviously of interest to some Satanists, who were largely responsible for his works being translated into English and being exposed to a wider audience.

Oddly enough, more of my "inner circle" are "traditionalists" after Julius Evola and Alain de Benoist than are Satanists, in the strict sense of the term.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

Forum Stats
12279 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404436 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements