Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#206232 - 12/05/06 05:16 PM Re: Legal Issues [Re: RandomStranger]
Illiad Offline

Thank all of you very much.. you have helped me out immensely. Especially ooo, with the EEOC website. After doing research, calling some numbers, writing some emails.. I have attained my goal.

I contacted the EEOC with this incident, and I asked them to do investigation if contacting higher corporate management had taken no action. I contacted the corporates, and had a rousing conversation about every discrimating act this woman has staged.

Drumroll, please...

Higher management will be replacing this woman within the next two weeks. Just to be sure whether I wasn't lied to.. I asked some of my friends if they had heard anything about it. Supposedly, she decided to "quit" because of "personal issues with management".

To revenge! Hail Satan!

#206233 - 12/05/06 05:45 PM Re: The third side of this situation [Re: Magister_Harris]
Valek Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Non-local
Quote:

Why wouldn't you lie and say "yes, I am a Christian?"

Upon my first reading of this topic, that is exactly the thought I had. Pretend to be a Christian. It's a known fact that even when they're not uber-religious, Christians are more wont to help their "own" kind.

Be a wolf in sheep's clothing

#206234 - 12/05/06 06:25 PM Ask an attorney. [Re: Illiad]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
You can probably call your local bar association and request a free initial interview with a lawyer.

Legal questions should be answered by attorneys.

#206235 - 12/05/06 11:20 PM Re: Legal Issues [Re: Illiad]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
Well done!

Sometimes we have to move. I would have done the same.

october1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#206236 - 12/06/06 12:32 AM Re: Legal Issues [Re: Illiad]
Daigon Offline

Loc: United States
It is illegal for an employer to turn down a possible hire due to race, religious beleifs, sexual orientation or any other personal matter. You could file a class action law suite against the women and the theatre if other employees would be willing to participate and would be willing to tell a court about her behavior. However without any other whitnesses or anyone else to back your story you wouldnt have much leverage. Best advice, sever your losses and find some place else.

#206237 - 12/06/06 08:01 AM Re: Legal Issues [Re: Illiad]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
Congratulations! Hail Revenge!

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#206238 - 12/06/06 08:12 AM Re: Legal Issues [Re: Illiad]
BlueHeeler Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I do enjoy a story with a happy ending.

Hail revenge,
Hail Satan!

#206239 - 12/06/06 08:36 AM Re: The third side of this situation [Re: Magister_Harris]
IRI Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
I thoroughly agree with Reverend Harris' take on the third option, with a twist. I would have lied and still reported her anonymously. It would be interesting to have a front row seat while still getting paid for it.

All too often we are very quick to pull our horns out or get them in a knot, when we should keep them in and just play the game in order to manipulate it to our own advantage. When you can do this, you have control!

IRI

"Where do people in Hell tell each other to go?"

"If we are all gods children, why is Christ so special?"

#206240 - 12/06/06 01:18 PM Re: Legal Issues [Re: Illiad]
Clinton Offline

Great question my friend. Perhaps the "Americans United for the Seperation of Church and State" can help you out. They have a legal staff. The number is 800-875-3707. Good luck...I love it!

#206241 - 12/06/06 02:07 PM Satisfaction, maybe.... [Re: Illiad]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
...but when all is said and done, do you end up with a paycheck?

#206242 - 12/07/06 12:31 PM Workplace Fairness [Re: Illiad]
Frksgoddess Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Grand Forks, ND
If you want to know your rights here is where to look.

Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 is a federal law that protects individuals from discrimination based on religion. Title VII makes it illegal for an employer to discriminate against individuals because of their religion in hiring, firing, and other terms and conditions of employment, such as promotions, raises, and other job opportunities.
Title VII also requires employers to reasonably accommodate the religious practices of an employee or prospective employee, unless to do so would create an “undue hardship” upon the employer. Flexible scheduling, voluntary substitutions or swaps, job reassignments, and lateral transfers are examples of ways of accommodating an employee's religious beliefs.
Most states also have laws that make it illegal to discriminate on the basis of religion. Some states may also provide additional protections for workers against religious discrimination, and may provide additional requirements beyond those required under federal law for accommodating the religious practices of employees.

This information can be found under a search for Work place fairness.

Best of luck.

#206243 - 12/07/06 05:21 PM Re: Legal Issues [Re: Illiad]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Serves the cunt right.

Congratulations!

I'm assuming you got the job?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#206244 - 12/10/06 09:32 PM Re: Legal Issues [Re: Illiad]
dadam5314 Offline

Loc: California, USA
I don't have any legal advice because I see others have already provided what I would have. But if I were you, I wouldn't even think about working there for that caliber of person. I would end up getting annoyed and might end up doing something not so good.

So good luck on whatever action you take.

#206245 - 12/11/06 02:29 AM Re: The third side of this situation [Re: Magister_Harris]
Whitegold Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
This option would simply never have occurred to me. I bow before you.

*bows*

I would have chosen to say no I am not, then in moral outrage have done all I could to destroy her. But really, why not simply use her.

Moral outrage is nice and everything, but the IMmoral is generally a lot more fun.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12090 Members
73 Forums
43862 Topics
405449 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements