1. Active members are privvy to more information, such as Grotto Activities and such. They are also the only ones eligible for Grotto Master status.
2. Is this really a question to ask before joining? Does it matter? To be serious anyhow, I do believe certain online shops and private sellers offer discounts to members/ active members. You just have to find them.
3. Join and find out! They're groups of individuals working together to reach effective goals. Many different topics as there are goals.
4. Of course.
5. It just means 'what you thought of it'. Did you think Anton LaVey was a wacko?, did you think he had some good ideas on this, but not on that, etc, etc.
6. Yes. Your outlook on politics.
7. I'm pretty sure the Church of Satan
isn't going to care if you're involved in BadBoyz69's Awesome Metallica Fan Club. The bigger, more noteable, organization, the more obvious. Perhaps you are also a Freemason? Perhaps you are a high ranking member of the NRA? Try it...
8. Again, I'm sure the Church of Satan
doesn't care if you make small everyday achievements (paying bills on time, buying a great car, etc.) Try to look for more noteworthy achievements (getting published, taking over a company, realizing a life dream, etc) But hey, they're YOUR achievements. You scale them up.
9. Are you afraid of your middle name? Is this really an issue?
10. I've heard of members sending anything from a shopping-mall photo-booth clip to an impressive professional photograph. A picture is a picture. I personally wouldn't worry too much about it either way. Try to look your best, I'd say. You ARE sending an application to an organization that places an emphasis on aesthetics and merit. Act like it!
You really should worry so much about this application. If you try too hard to find the right answers, you'll be lying to yourself.