Topic Options
#207239 - 12/09/06 04:11 PM Christianity again...
Alia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: At Sorrow's End
I was wondering, can a person be a member of the Church of Satan and at the same time be a member of the Christian church?
One suggested this in a reply in the Introduction forum, but I didn't know how seriously to take it...

Thank you!

Carpe Noctem

#207240 - 12/10/06 05:05 PM Clarify your question please. [Re: Alia]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

I was wondering, can a person be a member of the Church of Satan and at the same time be a member of the Christian church?

Your question is unclear.

Do you mean can you be a good Jesus-saved-me true believer Christian and a Satanist at the same time?

Do you mean can you be a bad Jesus-saved-me true believer and successfully join the Church of Satan at the same time?

Do you mean can you be a Satanist (street-smart) who is a member of a Christian church (or other legal, non-Satanic organization) in order to leverage the benefits of such a membership (political, social power) for your own selfish purposes?

Do you mean can you be a pseudo-Satanist (street dumb) who wants to also be a true believer Jesus-saved-me Christian church member?

Your question cannot be answered unless you explain exactly what you are asking.

I can imagine a few more options but I think it is time for you to ask the question clearly instead, don't you?

#207241 - 12/11/06 12:23 AM Re: Christianity again... [Re: Alia]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Membership in the Norweigan state church due to local politics does not prevent you from being a Church of Satan member. So long as we know your loyalties lie with us, there is no question.

#207242 - 12/11/06 03:59 AM Re: Clarify your question please. [Re: Nemo]
Alia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: At Sorrow's End
Quote:

Do you mean can you be a Satanist (street-smart) who is a member of a Christian church (or other legal, non-Satanic organization) in order to leverage the benefits of such a membership (political, social power) for your own selfish purposes?

Yeah, that's what I meant. In the post I read it, it was likened to "double citizenship", but it could have been a joke. I also once read here that most Satanists would have thought it was "cool" to have one being a priest in a Christian church, but that was long ago.

Thank you both for answering.

Magister Nemo, out of curiosity; what other options did you have in mind?

PS. Just to avoid misunderstanding, I understood the term "street smart" as "self-experienced". Correct me if I'm wrong. You wrote Satanist with a capital S, so I assumed you meant the real deal...

Thanks again!

Edited by Alia (12/11/06 08:42 AM)

Carpe Noctem

#207243 - 12/11/06 01:23 PM Re: "what other options did you have in mind?" [Re: Alia]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Just keep reading the posts that show up here in public and I guarantee that you will discover more options almost daily!

And, yes, "street smart" refers to someone who has wisdom regarding the practical affairs of the world as opposed to someone who assumes that the ideals he has been taught by society govern the actual situation.

For example, a street smart person will look both ways before crossing the street. Someone who isn't street smart will walk if the traffic light indicates he has the legal right to do so. The first person will avoid getting hit by cars, buses and trucks. The second person will probably get flattened.

#207244 - 12/12/06 01:45 AM Re: "what other options did you have in mind?" [Re: Nemo]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
[Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.]

Edited by MagisterParadise (12/12/06 02:09 AM)

Forum Stats
12216 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406127 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements