Topic Options
#207404 - 12/10/06 11:47 AM Regarding name changes and google...
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
I recently changed my name inspired by the other thead on this and due to recent issues not appropiate to discuss in public. Hsving looked on google again I still find my profile page with my old name and an old birthday thread started by myself which mentions my name. The profile I can imagine will change as google crawls the site again, but I am concerned about the birthday thread and any other possible references to my old name. Is it possible to have such threads removed or edited?

#207405 - 12/10/06 05:46 PM Re: Regarding name changes and google... [Re: Cholinergic]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

PM me links to threads you wish to have deleted for reasons of personal security and I will nuke them.

#207406 - 01/06/07 07:20 AM Re: Regarding name changes and google... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
TheAbysmal Offline

While you can have your threads removed by the LttD moderators and administrators, you want to investigate contacting Google and other notable search engines about having your posts removed from their servers. This suggestion is purely hypothetical, for I have never done so Myself, but it may be worth investigating if you have concerns about your security. Google and several other search engines sometimes maintain cached versions of pages that can survive long after the orgininal is gone from the web. I would imagine this is done for their more popularly searched results, but again, I am guessing here.

Perhaps that leans toward paranoia, but I thought you should know.

Hail Satan!

Refuse to die.

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43989 Topics
406081 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements