Topic Options
#207410 - 12/10/06 03:57 PM what's the difference between the occult and Satanism?
dARKsIDE Offline

Loc: ohio usa
I'm new here. I was wanting to know if anyone could help me discern between the occult and Satanism.

#207411 - 12/10/06 04:00 PM Re: what's the difference between the occult and Satanism? [Re: dARKsIDE]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Have you read the Satanic Bible?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#207412 - 12/10/06 04:02 PM Re: what's the difference between the occult and Satanism? [Re: Poetaster]
dARKsIDE Offline

I've just started reading.

#207413 - 12/10/06 04:03 PM Re: what's the difference between the occult and Satanism? [Re: dARKsIDE]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Then finish it.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#207414 - 12/10/06 04:04 PM Re: what's the difference between the occult and Satanism? [Re: Poetaster]
dARKsIDE Offline

I plan on it.

#207415 - 12/10/06 04:17 PM Re: what's the difference between the occult and Satanism? [Re: dARKsIDE]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Quote:

I'm new here. I was wanting to know if anyone could help me discern between the occult and Satanism.

You are here bothering Satanists and not off bothering Occultniks... That is one difference.

If you expect anyone to reply, I would post an introduction in the General members introduction section.

#207416 - 12/10/06 05:14 PM Re: what's the difference between the occult and Satanism? [Re: dARKsIDE]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>>I was wanting to know if anyone could help me discern
>>between the occult and Satanism.

Occult means "hidden knowledge". It's a very vague term used to label any practice whose power is attributed to the supernatural or supernormal. Things like divination, spell casting, talking to spirits, dowsing, and voodoo zombification are all often lumped into the category of "occult".

Satanism is the name of a specific, well-defined, organized religion formulated in the 1960s by Anton Szandor LaVey. To learn more, keep reading the book that you're allegedly reading.

Satanism is often mislabeled as an occult religion because we like making use of esotericism (albeit for esoteric sake) and because Christians like to misuse the terms "occult" and "Satanism" to both mean any "weird" practice or symbols which of course they readily attribute to their own religion's "Satan". Though speaking as a Satanist myself, I tend to find most occultists and Christians to be rather intolerable twits.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#207417 - 12/10/06 05:20 PM Re: what's the difference between the occult and Satanism? [Re: dARKsIDE]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

What's with all the idiots in Ohio making multiple accounts and asking stupid questions?
Prevention of Virtue

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements