Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#207523 - 12/10/06 09:27 PM This is not a Bordello
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

So why am I finding out that certain persons have been treating it as one?

Let me be very clear: I have absolutely no problem with polite, welcomed flirting or personal affairs. That's your business.

What I have a problem with is the fact that I have had countless female users of LttD complain to me that assorted males (and sometimes females!) have made unacceptable, unwanted advances, especially via the PM system.

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Read that. Now read it again. Now again. Let that sink into your thick skull. Because if you don't, I am going to hammer it into your skull. I will not tolerate any users abusing the PM system of LttD to make unwelcomed advances on our users.

Do not make unacceptably lewd comments unless you are specifically invited to by that person. Do not attempt to coerce our users into talking dirty to you. Do not make bizarre proposals out of nowhere that no reasonable person would find acceptable. Do not continue PMing people after you've been asked to stop.

If I find out you are doing this, I will ban you, on the spot. Satanists are certainly welcome to engage in whatever "extracurricular activies" are enjoyable for everyone involved, however they are not welcome to harass women (or men, for that matter) or act like neanderthal perverts. And don't think I won't find out. I will.

To those who have had to put up with this nonsense:

I apologize that your experience here has been marred by this. I strongly encourage anyone who is receiving unwanted PMs or advances from LttD users to contact me via PM with your problems. Ideally, please forward offending PMs to me and explain the duration and nature of the issue in full. You need not fear that I will find you silly for doing so, and trust that I will hold your privacy in strict confidence. It is my goal to make your experience here both safe and pleasant, and I will not permit the minority of users to spoil that experience.

We are watching.

#207524 - 12/11/06 11:40 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
I'd pay real money to see whatever exchange finally provoked that!

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#207525 - 12/11/06 03:15 PM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Ygraine]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

I'd pay real money to see whatever exchange finally provoked that!

Y~

What did they used to charge for peep shows?

$0.25?

I think that'd be a fair exchange, after all, when there is an oversupply of stupidity it should come cheap...

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#207526 - 12/12/06 02:22 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Felstorm]
DataLore Offline

Loc: Holodeck 3
*eyes light up with a bright business oportunity*

For a HOT time...

PM: DataLore...

He is
fully functional for you!

$2.99 per sentence.

#207527 - 12/12/06 03:53 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: DataLore]
Threx Offline

Loc: Ontario
Quote:

*eyes light up with a bright business oportunity*

For a HOT time...

PM: DataLore...

He is
fully functional for you!

$2.99 per sentence.

Wow, thats an incredible deal! I'll take a dozen!

Edit: Wrong emoticon
Edit 2: Fixed the formatting.

Edited by Horsepool (12/12/06 03:55 AM)

#207528 - 12/12/06 10:30 PM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Well, maybe I even have to amend this further.

If I find out you are violating the Fifth Rule of the Earth, stated above, onsite or offsite, I will just ban your ass. I don't care what method you're using to harass people, if you have an account here you will be a gentleman or you'll just not have an account.

It's a damned embarassment that I even get these kinds of complaints.

#207529 - 12/13/06 06:09 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

I have recieved complimentary PM's on this board, and they have invariably been pleasant and polite. I think that the majority of people would welcome this type of message as it is a boost to the ego, which makes me wonder what kind of messages people have been sending that have forced the recipients to complain!
It seems doubly strange when one considers the abundance of sites on the internet that are actually dedicated to that type of thing...

#207530 - 12/13/06 09:12 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Flattery from people whom you do not respect often borders on offensive and is certainly annoying.

Given that many Satanists are particular about their associates it comes as little surprise that there is unwanted attention going around.

There is also a difference between flattery, flirting and abuse that some people do not seem to grasp and too often skate by under the radar without any real consequence. I am glad Warlock LeviathanXIII is so dedicated to this space and I wish other social meeting grounds would adopt a similar zero-tolerance policy.

#207531 - 12/13/06 09:41 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Threx]
Frksgoddess Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Grand Forks, ND
Lets not take this too lightly, LeviathanXIII has a valid point and it appears not to be a joking matter.

#207532 - 12/13/06 11:02 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Cholinergic Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: UK
Praise and sexual advances are not the same.

#207533 - 12/13/06 11:12 AM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Cholinergic]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

Yes, very true. I imagine the messages in question were of the latter variety...

#207534 - 12/13/06 01:36 PM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
This entry is amazing to me.

I myself have not had any issues with ANY members from this board as far as the topic matter at hand is concerned.

As a Satanist, I am embarrassed that others HAVE had these issues.

We are all adults here, let's act like it.

I can see why this was brought up and whole heartedly agree with the measures being taken to prevent/stomp out these tatics.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#207535 - 12/13/06 01:48 PM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Evil_Eve]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

I myself have not had any issues with ANY members from this board as far as the topic matter at hand is concerned.

What!?!

Let me fix that right now Evil Eve: flight attendants are soooo hot.

I haven't had any problems either (although I did have a few somewhat bizarre PMs, they were not sexual in nature).

#207536 - 12/13/06 01:57 PM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Zaftig]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Heh!

I was listening to Howard Stern in Philadelphia one morning on my drive to the airport...

He had a list (I believe it was the top 50 sexiest jobs) on the planet and Flight Attendant made number 2.

I was amazed.

I get strange request and business cards etc. etc. in 'real time' but not from this board.

Funny thing is this:

There is NO glamour to my job. When you first sign on you think ooohhhhhh the jet setter.

You think ooooohhhhhhh walking through the airports with 'The Right Stuff' type pilots would be so cosmopolitan.

I quickly learned that this is a common misconception.

In any event as it were, I have yet to receive a PM from this site that was 'naughty' in nature.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#207537 - 12/13/06 02:01 PM Re: This is not a Bordello [Re: Evil_Eve]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Fuck the jet-setting; it's the outfit.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members