Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#20778 - 01/14/04 04:40 AM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
Oh, far from it. I get about the same reactions to *my* website and all *I* do is talk.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#20779 - 01/14/04 06:11 AM why women hate you [Re: Scratch]
Shiboleth Offline

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Simple, competition for the same resourses, men. You are more likely to attract one (or two or three) than many other women. The hate is a natural thing and a signal that you are doing something right. I've never met a woman that I've liked that all the other women didn't. I'm just stating the obvious I suppose.

#20780 - 01/14/04 08:22 AM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment [Re: Scratch]
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are very lovely indeed Scratch...

when the bitches give you flak about your appearance or poses, you could do what i do -

tell them to call 1-800-JUST-JEALOUS

Patricia

#20781 - 01/14/04 09:27 AM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment [Re: YoungSoulRebel]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
It is joked that women who have a tendancy to befriend other women quite easily do so because they can't get a man -- and this is often quite true because men, "real men" as the saying goes, prefer a woman with some strength to her character.

So true. All of my girlfriends that I've had have never had many female friends, and always more male friends (who likely were trying to get in the gal's pants, but had to settle for a friendship.) I don't trust a girl with a lot of lady friends. More specifically, I don't trust her to be worth the time and effort.

Bitchiness in a woman towards other women is extremely attractive.

#20782 - 01/14/04 09:34 AM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

You should be "full of yourself."

If not yourself, of whom should you be full of?

Most religions demand that you are "full of" the chosen god, be it Buddha, Allah, the Man Jesus, etc.

Likewise, if a Satanist is his or her own god, he or she should be their own main focus of care and adoration.

(Wow, did I actually find one thing Satanism has in common with other religions? Meh, nevermind. )

#20783 - 01/14/04 09:47 AM Men Too, Men Too! [Re: Scratch]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Bravo to you for your clarity on this subject!

This type of jealously happens in a man's world as well. No bones about it, I'm a very fit guy. Not huge, mind you, but fit indeed, and well above average. One thing I can't stand about the summer is that the intense heat (even in Michigan) will cause you to sweat if you do just about any type of physical activity, from jogging to even walking your dog. I think sweat on my shirt is horrid, and so I take it off quite often in the summer and cool off. Amongst my friends (more like acquaintances, actually) I'm often ridiculed in a *kind* manner as being the guy who always must take his shirt off in just about any situation. I've even had friends time me at concerts to see how long it takes before I remove it.

I never really understood what the big deal was until I gave it just a little bit of thought. With a shirt off, I must look intimidating to the average twenty-something couch potato. Seeing what I have and knowing what they don't causes a deep insecurity in most. Likely, if they were more comfortable with their own bodies, they'd be taking it off in the summer heat along with me.

#20784 - 01/14/04 09:59 AM Baffled [Re: Scratch]
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

What amazes me the most about this entire topic is that you are getting this amount of flack from the gothic community. It's not like you posted this pic on a hippie/feminist website.

Based on such magazines as Gothic Beauty and the few gothic dance clubs I've been to, it seems that sultry, provocative, and even erotic fashion is the name of the game. With a style that often incorporates corsets, lace, garders, fishnet stockings, and hooker boot stilettos, it's amazing that such criticism comes from photos that are only featuring your face.

#20785 - 01/14/04 10:18 AM Re: Men Too, Men Too! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
>>This type of jealously happens in a man's world as well.

In the case of men, I think the jealousy is usually projected to homophobia. "He has a great wardobe and 1% body fat. He must be gay." It's a self-deceiving way of trying to say "I'm more 'man' than he is, because I can drink more and I never get my ass off the couch" and "he can't be that much of a threat to my personal desire to get more women."

I've noticed that with both men and women, it comes down to the person feeling that taking pride in one's appearance is a sign of vulnerability, plus rejection by their herd. Lots of women have been duped into thinking that cosmetics is nothing more than a slave device for men; likewise lots of men have this silly notion that taking pride in one's appearance is a threat to their masculinity. Perhaps the latter is also a product of the feminist movement.

Still, for men I don't think the jealousy is anywhere NEAR the level for women. I don't see too many men developing intricate plots of back-stabbing due to another man's wardrobe.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#20786 - 01/14/04 10:20 AM Re: Baffled [Re: Mason_Rust]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
That's what I was thinking...

#20787 - 01/14/04 10:24 AM Re: Men Too, Men Too! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Anonymous
Unregistered

you, Mason_Rust, should take your shirt off as often as possible

ok, that's just *my* preference - you know i am only using you to get to your boa

p-mac

#20788 - 01/14/04 10:33 AM Re: Men Too, Men Too! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Solomon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Cincinnati
Well said, and very true.

Myself not being one to remove clothing unless for a good reason (Showers, sex, or a combo of the two), I commend those that do for their security in themselves. This is not to say I am insecure in my own looks, far from it. Those that know me could tell you I enjoy being attractive, and use it as much as possible. I truly love the attention I get from the females that are supposedly "out of my league". Yet, out of respect, I will not engage in anything aside from polite conversation if said lady is spoken for, and I have my own girl to tend to. Also, while I enjoy a little competition, I realize there are others that do not, and frankly are fearful of it.

My body type is a 10 to 12 on the synthesizer clock. I am a bear (and have been told so many times), well built in regards to muscle, yet big, broad shoulders, et cetera. Utilizing this aesthetic has worked well. I has landed my employment as crowd control, and allowed me to advance quickly through the ranks where the "smaller" guys are left behind. Yet large can be sexy. I am walking proof of that , and it peeves the few male friends I have off to no end. Confidence is key. Don't think you're hot, KNOW you're hot! (and I am aware there will be those that say I am full of myself, and they'd be right!)

It's all about your own perception. As Mr. Harris of Satanism Today once said, "You can smell confidence." (Satanism Today, Jan 3rd, 2004).

Dominance is a mindset. Period.

All the way stars' green, gotta go.

#20789 - 01/14/04 10:36 AM Re: Men Too, Men Too! [Re: Solomon]
Stanton_Vetalas Offline

Loc: Teh 518
The fact that you yourself know you're a real fucking catch is one, attractive to chicks, and two, intimidating to the intimidated.

<------ Hott as hell

#20790 - 01/14/04 05:31 PM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment
Wile_E_Quixote Offline
CoS Member

I have much the same problem. I drive the lady frogs wild but the men frogs tend to get a bit miffed.

#20791 - 01/14/04 05:44 PM Oh my Goth! [Re: Scratch]
Smokey_DeVille Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago
With the exeption of a few outstanding individuals (ironicly enough, they are all Satanists), the goth scene is full of insecure brats that feel that squeezing their tits into a "corset" (with no intent of corset-training) and tossing on enough eyeliner to kill a yak makes them appealing, despite the fact that they could not form an original synapse if they put their collective heads of knuckle together. My experience has taught me that, when it comes to goths, the attitude is "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT?" Again, there are exeptions. Not many, but they are out there (and here).

People are catty. Men and women, straights and gays, only the secure can handle being in a room with someone who they feel is more attractive than them. Oh, how the sheeple hate secure, confident people. It makes it harder for them to get any attention. I say, take it as the compliment it is, and their bickering will only make you even more attractive. Most of all, don't engage. As I have said in the past, a leech cannot feed from a stone.

And yes, if you've got it, flaunt it, lest you lose it.

Hail Satan!
L_9

[url=http://www.smokeydeville.com [/url]

#20792 - 01/14/04 06:03 PM Re: Oh my Goth! [Re: Smokey_DeVille]
Ambrosia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Canada
My experience has taught me that, when it comes to goths, the attitude is "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

That is hilarious!!! I almost peed.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44031 Topics
406347 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements