Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#20808 - 01/14/04 09:54 PM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment [Re: Malin_Wolf]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Sweetheart, read the entire post and pay close attention.
I'm not complaining that they are jealous. In fact, I'm not complaining at all, but pointing out their folly and discouraging others from doing anything to facilitate this behavior.
Read and understand before going off and putting words in my mouth. I don't appreciate it.

This post is NOT some "Poor me," weepy little "It's the end of the world b/c no one likes me," post. This post is meant to empower the Satanist and remind and encourage him/her to use the tools of sex and attraction free of guilt, as should be, despite the opinions of others. It is meant to point out the ridiculousness of jealousy and how attacking at improper times can backfire.

I encourage you to read the post again, now that I have explained to you its origin. I'm sure you will appreciate it more the second time around.

#20809 - 01/14/04 11:27 PM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment [Re: Scratch]
Malin_Wolf Offline
CoS Member

Loc: A sleepy little hollow in Flor...
Those that squawk the loudest have the most to prove. You are making a spectacle of yourself for no apparent reason other than to garner attention for yourself. The weak have to over compensate for that which they lack.

Your Satanic "empowerment" is nothing more than "Hey! Look at me!"

http://www.personalsatan.com/lttd/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=197329&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

#20810 - 01/14/04 11:42 PM Re: Men Too, Men Too! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Ah, my dear Mr. Rust...

You are a fascinating specimen. If you ever feel something prick the back of your neck - don't be alarmed, I'm just tagging you for research purposes.

In my still relatively short lifetime I have enjoyed watching men (as a group) slowly awaken to a very conscious awareness of themselves as objects of desire. This is an inevitable and equalizing consequence of women seeking to be evaluated by other criteria. If women can be judged by actions and wealth, men can and will be judged on a physical level. The Balance Factor.

Men are still only partially socialized to think of themselves in that way - to have to measure themselves against a physical ideal in order to compete for mates. And it often makes them very uneasy. They are not yet trained peacocks.

My little sister is in college. A year or so ago, she said rather proudly, "I only date guys with six packs." 50 years ago few girls cared if a man had a six pack - he was judged by status and charisma and could trade on a good mug if he looked nice in a suit. 6 packs just used to mean beer.

So when you're "showing off" (and I do think from what I've gathered about you, you might be showing off a little bit - perfectly understandable if you're willing to cop to it), in a sense, you are rendering your companions naked. In sweatshirts, you're all "equal"...sexually neutral. But you're setting yourself apart, drawing attention to yourself and making them feel exposed - open to a different kind of judgement. Sexual objectification for men. It's catching on artifically, like wildfire, thanks mainly to media saturation - but it's not quite all the way there yet.

A couple thousand years of prudish Christianity relegated the ideal of male beauty and virility that was cultivated in anitquity to dark, dusty corners of museums. Thank women, or thank Calvin Klein, but it's back with a vengeance.

However, men are still socialized to think that they shouldn't be able to appreciate another man. On a subconscious and often conscious level, admiring another man - even innocently - is often perceived as homosexual desire and should never even be admitted privately. So not only are you threatening on a competitive level, you may also be threatening the sexual identity of some of your companions by forcing their train of thought to shift to an uncomfortable track.

What Bill M said is also interesting - kind of a combination of the last two ideas. They can say all of those pretty boys are homos, but they know you aren't so again their comfortable perceptions are challenged.

Interesting stuff, at least to me. If my train of thought is chunky, I offer the sad excuse that my keyboard is reacting slowly tonight, and editing is becoming bothersome.

So anyway, I see this as a culture clash of sorts. I see you, from the attitudes you're expressing, as part of a new culture.Part of this may be that new culture(or VERY old culture) of male physical objectification vs. the old culture of non-visual status cues. Women have been doing this for years, but men are new to the game. The good thing is that they still do tend to have a better sense of humor about it.

Just for the sake of playing Devil's advocate, I'll de-sexualize the whole issue and take another angle.

I live in LA. Everyone wears flip flops everywhere. It's not that I find their feet a distracting turn-on or an eyesore in particular. I just don't need or want to see their fucking feet while I'm standing in line at the grocery store, or eating dinner at a restaurant. I don't care if they're comfortable. I just want them to get dressed and be civilized! Put some shoes on, dammit! It's 45 degrees and you aren't at the beach! THere's a time and a place...

So if you're the guy who rips his shirt off when it's 75 degrees and partly cloudy, or to run to the mailbox -

They may just be thinking, "put a shirt on, you wanker!"

Sometimes, if there's one shirtless guy in a crowd of generally good looking guys - I just assume he's the one that needs the most attention.

There may be and probably are many dynamics at work.

I do find it all rather fascinating. I suddenly want to smoke a pipe and go grab a butterfly net.

Yes...fascinating.

#20811 - 01/15/04 12:10 AM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment [Re: Malin_Wolf]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
>>Nothing more than "Hey! Look at me!"<<

Isn't that the whole operating principle behind Witchcraft?

"Hey boy! Check out this hot dish!" as she bats those luscious peepers of hers. Shit, I'd stumble all over myself if that ever happened to me.

As a man I can testify that the first thing I notice on a woman or a man isn't their personality. Physcial attractiveness weighs in considerably for a woman. Gorgeous young women like Ms. Jinx, if I am not mistaken, can make quite a good living off "Hey look at me!". It makes Hugh Heffner a very wealthy man. And I don't knock something if it works. In fact it appears to work so well that Scratch can get even the jaded latex corset bedecked "Goth chicks" to throw fits of jealous protest.

Hell if I looked that succulent, I'd be putting my picture on more than just Goth websites.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#20812 - 01/15/04 12:26 AM Re: Jealousy, Scandal and Female Empowerment [Re: Malin_Wolf]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
"Those that squawk the loudest have the most to prove."

Funny how you should choose that argument after insisting on arguing. You're the one trying to make the spectacle, otherwise, you would have ignored this post to begin with and moved on.

Again, you misinterpret my post! Yes, I've read that post you attatched, and it has little to do with my post if anything at all. Can you honestly say you went back and read my post again? Can you?

I am showing my support of Satanic Witchery and my pride in it. Pride is an important aspect to the self and I refuse to allow my pride to be trampled. My pride and I will not allow you to twist my words or to distort the point I have made.

Perhaps if you were not so eager to make a spectacle of yourself by pointing out some "fault" in my post you would not be blinded to it's true nature.

Now, with my point made and reinforced let me leave you with this: I refuse to acknowledge any further attempts at twisting my words. To respond once more would be beating a dead horse and I feel that even to say this is to give the subject more attention than it's worth.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43993 Topics
406093 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements