Page 16 of 18 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 >
Topic Options
#246066 - 05/30/07 10:24 AM Re: Time Travel [Re: TheAbysmal]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
 Originally Posted By: The Abysmal
<p>I beleive it is possible, for a number of reasons:</p>
<ol>
<li>We, we being the collective whole of people, already <q>travel</q> time, in the forward direction.</li>
<li>Scientists have documented actual experiences of the slowing down or speeding up of time. The faster we go, the slower time transpires, and vica versa.</li>
<li>There are still very many forces at work in the universe of which we yet have only a child-like understanding.</li>
<li>In nearly every case where an expert on a subject has emphatically said, "That isn't possible," he has been proven wrong. I'm reminded of a certain billionaire that said, to paraphrase the exact quote, "We'll never need more than 640k of RAM in our computers." Bill Gates was way off the mark there.
</ol>

;\)

#246722 - 06/03/07 07:37 AM UFO Secrets of the SS [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

This program can create some interesting dialogues in this forum, or maybe not, we will see.

UFO Secrets of the SS Occult - Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrSjJSZTIHg

UFO Secrets of the SS Occult - Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBrMjYQDBGk&mode=related&search=

UFO Secrets of the SS Occult - Part 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ZwXMiQvaeA&mode=related&search=

UFO Secrets of the SS Occult - Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvr57jq3wMk&mode=related&search=

UFO Secrets of the SS Occult - Part 5

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS7weOTJ1Rs&mode=related&search=

UFO Secrets of the SS Occult - Part 6

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RBVJfTlC1U&mode=related&search=

#246806 - 06/03/07 07:09 PM Re: UFO Secrets of the SS [Re: LightAngel]
leonor Offline

Loc: Portugal
I am a fucking ignorant!
I shall now have to reconsider a couple of things(again).
Life on its best, I guess.
Optimized time management will be required from now on.

Thanks for sharing.

october 1560
Time does not imply evolution. Very true. We are stepping back. One generates haunting monsters that generate haunting monsters on an endless spiral of misunderstanding, unsolved needs, moral amulets eradicating both the sickness and the cure.
I see a bunch of men raging at the void, haunted by their own inventions. Absurd. Totally absurd.

#247606 - 06/08/07 01:37 PM Re: UFO Secrets of the SS [Re: leonor]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: leonor
I am a fucking ignorant!
I shall now have to reconsider a couple of things(again).
Life on its best, I guess.
Optimized time management will be required from now on.

Thanks for sharing.

october 1560

You are always welcome, I got some more to show you. I will send it now \:\)

#262051 - 08/04/07 09:02 AM Re: UFO Secrets of the SS [Re: LightAngel]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
 Quote:
"If the proper initial conditions were achieved, the time machine would evolve on its own without any further intervention," he asserts. "It can be likened to shooting a ship with a cannon. Once the cannon is aimed properly and fired, the cannonball hits the ship on its own, driven solely by the laws of physics. The machine is space time itself. If we were to create an area with a warp like this in space that would enable time lines to close on themselves, it might enable future generations to return to visit our time." Prof. Amos Ori

Back to the future, via a donut-shaped vacuum?

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#262380 - 08/05/07 05:29 AM Re: I doubt it. [Re: Nemo]
DoktorFaust Offline

Test everything. Belief nothing.

"A Satanist enters the supernatural realm by choice, with eyes open and heart clear, rather than taking a supernatural belief as a starting point, like jungle primitives trying to explain lightning.” (Anton Szandor LaVey)

#262689 - 08/06/07 11:16 AM Back to the future, via a donut-shaped vacuum? [Re: gypsy]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: gypsy
 Quote:
"If the proper initial conditions were achieved, the time machine would evolve on its own without any further intervention," he asserts. "It can be likened to shooting a ship with a cannon. Once the cannon is aimed properly and fired, the cannonball hits the ship on its own, driven solely by the laws of physics. The machine is space time itself. If we were to create an area with a warp like this in space that would enable time lines to close on themselves, it might enable future generations to return to visit our time." Prof. Amos Ori

Back to the future, via a donut-shaped vacuum?

Thanks for sharing this Gypsy.

#262693 - 08/06/07 12:05 PM Re: Back to the future, via a donut-shaped vacuum? [Re: LightAngel]
GildedLily Offline

Loc: Wet Coast, Canada
http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Relativity/GR/time_travel.html

interesting paper on the subject.

I've always been interested in the way massive quartz crystal deposits mess with temporal reality. The substance can be used to tune in broadcasts and tell time, and yet any attempt to talk to a mundane ('normal' person) about further possibilities inherent in the material and they scoff- or with a new ager who does think that quartz has deeper worth, but is filled with bs. Informed opinions would be welcome.

Any thoughts on this?
L
Ave Satanas!

#263395 - 08/09/07 01:45 AM Re: Back to the future [Re: gypsy]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#271980 - 09/18/07 11:04 AM Re: Back to the future [Re: gypsy]
LightAngel Offline

What if everything is just a dream?!

#271985 - 09/18/07 12:11 PM Re: Back to the future [Re: LightAngel]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Thank you Edgar Allen Poe.

Yes, what if?

I will say that if 'all this' whatever 'this' may entail is a dream....I need to be more imaginative.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#271997 - 09/18/07 12:36 PM Re: Back to the future [Re: Evil_Eve]
LightAngel Offline

I didn't even think about Edgar Allen Poe when I said my comment to gypsy, it was just a comment to her ''The dream of time travel''

I don't know if you need to be more imaginative or not, but, we can time travel when we sleep.

#274553 - 09/30/07 02:33 AM Parallel universes ... [Re: LightAngel]
LightAngel Offline

Parallel universes exist - study

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery by Oxford scientists described by one expert as "one of the most important developments in the history of science".

The parallel universe theory, first proposed in 1950 by the US physicist Hugh Everett, helps explain mysteries of quantum mechanics that have baffled scientists for decades, it is claimed.

In Everett's "many worlds" universe, every time a new physical possibility is explored, the universe splits. Given a number of possible alternative outcomes, each one is played out - in its own universe.

A motorist who has a near miss, for instance, might feel relieved at his lucky escape. But in a parallel universe, another version of the same driver will have been killed. Yet another universe will see the motorist recover after treatment in hospital. The number of alternative scenarios is endless.

It is a bizarre idea which has been dismissed as fanciful by many experts. But the new research from Oxford shows that it offers a mathematical answer to quantum conundrums that cannot be dismissed lightly - and suggests that Dr Everett, who was a Phd student at Princeton University when he came up with the theory, was on the right track.

Commenting in New Scientist magazine, Dr Andy Albrecht, a physicist at the University of California at Davis, said: "This work will go down as one of the most important developments in the history of science."

According to quantum mechanics, nothing at the subatomic scale can really be said to exist until it is observed. Until then, particles occupy nebulous "superposition" states, in which they can have simultaneous "up" and "down" spins, or appear to be in different places at the same time.

Observation appears to "nail down" a particular state of reality, in the same way as a spinning coin can only be said to be in a "heads" or "tails" state once it is caught.

According to quantum mechanics, unobserved particles are described by "wave functions" representing a set of multiple "probable" states. When an observer makes a measurement, the particle then settles down into one of these multiple options.

The Oxford team, led by Dr David Deutsch, showed mathematically that the bush-like branching structure created by the universe splitting into parallel versions of itself can explain the probabilistic nature of quantum outcomes.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=paUniverse_sun14_parallel_universes&show_article=1&lsn=1

#274559 - 09/30/07 03:52 AM Re: Parallel universes ... [Re: LightAngel]
Max Faust Offline
Banned

Loc: Ultima Thule
 Originally Posted By: LightAngel
Observation appears to "nail down" a particular state of reality, in the same way as a spinning coin can only be said to be in a "heads" or "tails" state once it is caught.

Indeed!

#274577 - 09/30/07 08:20 AM Re: Parallel universes ... [Re: LightAngel]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Fancy math is only useful if it can truly help describe nature that is observed. Otherwise it is just filler for the ego.

Dark Matter is another math creation. That is almost the same with String Theory. I would say Dark Matter has more going for it than String Theory, and that is coming from me. String Theory is experimentally safe, meaning there is no way to validate its principles and so it is safe to create theoretical mathematics.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

Page 16 of 18 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 18 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements