I loved the one about cancer not ever having a direct cure. It is already
being developed and perfected.
Here are my predictions (just a few):
1. Aging reversal for humans and the resulting physical immortality.
2. Discovery of ET intelligent artifacts on the Moon and Mars.
3. Amplified intelligence through human brain-computer interface.
4. Successful production of molecular nanotech replicators and nanofog.
4. a. Affordable space travel for individuals.
4. b. Extension of human habitat undersea and in space.
4. c. Successful download and storage of human personality.
4. d. Much more.
The problem with all of these plodding predictions is a failure of understanding.
There is an acceleration of change that is coming upon us all.
The last 500 years accomplished more than the previous 10,000 years.
Yet the first 450 of those years were eclipsed by technological change in the last 50.
The first 40 of those years were eclipsed by the changes in the last 10.
You do not need anything more than a clear-eyed perspective to see what is happening.
You will be lucky to still understand what is happening weekly by 2020!