Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#209149 - 12/18/06 04:47 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Under your sig... Post Extras: three little buttons. Third one is notify moderator.
--------------------\/

#209150 - 12/18/06 04:48 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
See those little icons at the bottom of each message?

The notify moderator icon is one of them. It's the one with a little slash through it. Of course, you could just hover your mouse cursor over it and it will tell you that.

Best of luck.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#209151 - 12/18/06 04:50 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Poetaster]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
I had never actually bothered checking those out... Damn.

Well, my apologies. I shall no longer police this forum in a vigilante-esque manner (Unless the person being reported REALLY ticks me off ).

#209152 - 12/18/06 11:16 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Yes, that's quite the thing, only moderators should be enforcing the rules of the forum.

However, since it seems everyone here is aware of the mistake...we'll let it go.

#209153 - 12/19/06 04:44 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Quote:

Does anyone else have the problem of being a satanist but your spouse is not.

Do I have this problem? No.

Am I a Satanist that is married to a woman that it not? Yes.

If you are open and honest in your relationship, there should be no problem.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#209154 - 12/19/06 05:24 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Magister_Harris]
Threx Offline

Loc: Ontario
Quote:

Do I have this problem? No.

Am I a Satanist that is married to a woman that it not? Yes.

If you are open and honest in your relationship, there should be no problem.

Agreed. My girlfriend wasnt to pleased when I first announced it, but after she did some reading she happily accepted me for who I am. If you cannot be honest to your partner about such a minor detail, its not going to work.

#209155 - 12/19/06 05:41 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

Does anyone else have the problem of being a satanist but your spouse is not. I am not going to force her, or tell her that she has to believe what I do. Is that strange?

Did you think of this before you got married?

Eitherway what kind of marriage do you have if you have to ask complete strangers on how to approach one of the most important things that should have been dealt with before making a lifelong commitment to someone.

Personally, I wouldnt ever carry on a relationship with someone who was not a Satanist as its caused me nothing but headaches but thats just my experience, for others it has worked out fine.

In your case it seems that its finally time for you and your wife to see whether you "really" know and love each other or if your religion will drive a wedge between you. Besides, there is no need to force her of anything, you should have realised by now that Satanists are born and not made.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#209156 - 12/19/06 05:50 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: tekku]
9076 Offline

I wasnt going to post anything yet but, in some cases a person is married, years before they ever even know satanism exists. in that case, if you decide on a particular religion(any religion) and if your the kind of person who would only marry someone of the same religion,(if you decide to get married at all.) for religious reasons. then you would have quite a struggle with that. I do not personally have that problem. in any case, I dont think the Church of Satan encourages marriage to begin with.Im not married. I have no desire to get married.

Edited by 9076 (12/19/06 05:53 PM)

#209157 - 12/19/06 05:56 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

in any case, I dont think the Church of Satan encourages marriage to begin with.

You don't think, eh? What makes you think that?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#209158 - 12/19/06 06:00 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Poetaster]
9076 Offline

It said somewhere that it only does so occassionally , and the satanic bible says, "with much reluctance".plus dont forget it says they are sorry every sunday that they lusted after others. I would rather be the "others" being lusted after, than the one apologized too. I think.

Edited by 9076 (12/19/06 06:05 PM)

#209159 - 12/19/06 06:09 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
You make in interesting point, however it really does come down to each to their own in this case.

As I had stated, my view pertains to myself only and I do think that for someone who IS a Satanist and enters a relationship on false grounds by hiding that aspect of themselves, is already setting themselves up for a fall, especially if their partner is closed minded.

For those that realise down the track that they are Satanists, then I think thats where the lines of communication, love and understanding between you and your partner get tested, especially if your partner is a devout Xtian or some other denomination the believes in a deity.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#209160 - 12/19/06 06:17 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Magister_Harris]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
I second that. There are some out there who are dyed in the wool Satanists...they just don't have a card yet. As long as honesty and communication is there, there should not be a problem.

HS!!!
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#209161 - 12/19/06 08:05 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Marriage isn't the issue, self-deceit is.

If you're married and only pretending to be monogamous against your natural sexual inclination then it's self-deceit. If you truly make a monogamous commitment that you honour and your partner understands this, there's no conflict with Satanism.

To assume that Satanism is against marriage is a to misconstrue the Satanic Bible. It simply advocates being true to the self, whatever form of commitment and/or sexuality you wish to pursue.

Edited by lexiphanic (12/19/06 08:07 PM)

#209162 - 12/19/06 08:10 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I am a Satanist, and my fiance' is not. In fact she was raised strict Jehovah's Witness but no longer is a part of that religion. She doesn't quite understand Satanism, but tries and is very supportive of me. Here's the deal, we talked about this before we proceeded with the relationship. I told her that I am a Satanist and will not change. She appreciated my honesty and has never once tried to get me to change. I understand that she is not a Satanist and never will be but that's fine. The important thing is that we get along great, sure we have our problems as any couple does but we know how to work it out, beyond that our personal beliefs are in fact irrelevant. If anyone is in a relationship to try and change someone then they are in that relationship for all the WRONG reasons.Good luck!

#209163 - 12/19/06 08:31 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Lust Offline

Quote:

I wasnt going to post anything yet but, in some cases a person is married, years before they ever even know satanism exists. in that case, if you decide on a particular religion(any religion) and if your the kind of person who would only marry someone of the same religion,(if you decide to get married at all.) for religious reasons. then you would have quite a struggle with that. I do not personally have that problem. in any case, I dont think the Church of Satan encourages marriage to begin with.Im not married. I have no desire to get married.

Click Here!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406011 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements