Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#209134 - 12/18/06 01:27 PM You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not
SadisticRage Offline

Loc: IL
Does anyone else have the problem of being a satanist but your spouse is not. I am not going to force her, or tell her that she has to believe what I do. Is that strange?

#209135 - 12/18/06 01:31 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Post a required introduction.

Tell her about your religion, give her literature, if she is a Satanist, you will not need to do anything else, if she is not, and you love her, then accept that she is not, if she loves you, she will accept what you are.

End of story.

#209136 - 12/18/06 01:58 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
''Post a required introduction."

Reads like Policing to me.

#209137 - 12/18/06 02:00 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

If you do a search in this general forum, you will find that this question has come up before.

You might even find some of the answers to be insightful.

#209138 - 12/18/06 02:05 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: RandomStranger]
SadisticRage Offline

Thanks

#209139 - 12/18/06 02:09 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: RandomStranger]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Quote:

Yes it is but yet the moderation of this subject seems to have become a bit more lax. I noticed recently quite a few people are back on the policing bandwagon.

#209140 - 12/18/06 02:09 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: RandomStranger]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Maybe I should apply for a forum moderator post...

I was being informative, trying to inforce the rules of the forum before letting my opinion on the subject be known.

My apologies.

#209141 - 12/18/06 02:23 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Ok. I'm reporting my post to the moderators for "policing policing" purposes.

I suspect I'll be fully reprimanded.

We're all here to have fun and read/post [potentially] interesting things.

No ill will meant.

#209142 - 12/18/06 02:33 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: RandomStranger]
SadisticRage Offline

Why does everyone keep bringing up "policing policing"? What is wrong with my message?

#209143 - 12/18/06 02:40 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Your message is fine. You asked an honest question.

#209144 - 12/18/06 02:41 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Quote:

Why does everyone keep bringing up "policing policing"? What is wrong with my message?

It isnt you, it is these often times cocky little characters here who forget that they dont have the moderator's tag by their name and tend to give other people shit for "not following the rules" all the while they themselves are forgetting that they are breaking one that has been touched upon numerous times in the past. But dont worry, I am not going to point any fingers.

And to more accuratly answer your question as to what "Policing" is, you could look here

#209145 - 12/18/06 02:42 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Spider Offline
CoS Member

Loc: upstate NY
While I was married my husband was not a Satanist, he was an angry Catholic/Aethiest. He actually made fun of me for being as Satanist and said that I was stupid for being one because it awknowledged me believing in god thus making me a hypocrit.
So, after trying to give him an understanding I gave up and told him to leave my beliefs alone and continued to call him the angry Catholic.

It can be difficult to have beliefs that are generally mis-understood but I have found to just accept it in myself and let everyone else fend for themselves.

#209146 - 12/18/06 03:07 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Spider]
Groundhog Offline

Quote:

While I was married my husband was not a Satanist, he was an angry Catholic/Aethiest.

What is an angry Catholic/Aethiest? I really don't believe I've heard of a happy one or an angry one before. Just curious is all.

#209147 - 12/18/06 04:21 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
Why would someone marry a person not of their religion if religious differences were going to be a problem?

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#209148 - 12/18/06 04:43 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Catalyst]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

And to more accuratly answer your question as to what "Policing" is, you could look here

Where is the "notify moderator" button?

#209149 - 12/18/06 04:47 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Under your sig... Post Extras: three little buttons. Third one is notify moderator.
--------------------\/

#209150 - 12/18/06 04:48 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
See those little icons at the bottom of each message?

The notify moderator icon is one of them. It's the one with a little slash through it. Of course, you could just hover your mouse cursor over it and it will tell you that.

Best of luck.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#209151 - 12/18/06 04:50 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Poetaster]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

I had never actually bothered checking those out... Damn.

Well, my apologies. I shall no longer police this forum in a vigilante-esque manner (Unless the person being reported REALLY ticks me off ).

#209152 - 12/18/06 11:16 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Yes, that's quite the thing, only moderators should be enforcing the rules of the forum.

However, since it seems everyone here is aware of the mistake...we'll let it go.

#209153 - 12/19/06 04:44 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Magister_Harris Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Long Island
Quote:

Does anyone else have the problem of being a satanist but your spouse is not.

Do I have this problem? No.

Am I a Satanist that is married to a woman that it not? Yes.

If you are open and honest in your relationship, there should be no problem.
Host - Hate Speech Radio
http://www.hatespeechradio.com

#209154 - 12/19/06 05:24 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Magister_Harris]
Threx Offline

Loc: Ontario
Quote:

Do I have this problem? No.

Am I a Satanist that is married to a woman that it not? Yes.

If you are open and honest in your relationship, there should be no problem.

Agreed. My girlfriend wasnt to pleased when I first announced it, but after she did some reading she happily accepted me for who I am. If you cannot be honest to your partner about such a minor detail, its not going to work.

#209155 - 12/19/06 05:41 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
Quote:

Does anyone else have the problem of being a satanist but your spouse is not. I am not going to force her, or tell her that she has to believe what I do. Is that strange?

Did you think of this before you got married?

Eitherway what kind of marriage do you have if you have to ask complete strangers on how to approach one of the most important things that should have been dealt with before making a lifelong commitment to someone.

Personally, I wouldnt ever carry on a relationship with someone who was not a Satanist as its caused me nothing but headaches but thats just my experience, for others it has worked out fine.

In your case it seems that its finally time for you and your wife to see whether you "really" know and love each other or if your religion will drive a wedge between you. Besides, there is no need to force her of anything, you should have realised by now that Satanists are born and not made.

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#209156 - 12/19/06 05:50 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: tekku]
9076 Offline

I wasnt going to post anything yet but, in some cases a person is married, years before they ever even know satanism exists. in that case, if you decide on a particular religion(any religion) and if your the kind of person who would only marry someone of the same religion,(if you decide to get married at all.) for religious reasons. then you would have quite a struggle with that. I do not personally have that problem. in any case, I dont think the Church of Satan encourages marriage to begin with.Im not married. I have no desire to get married.

Edited by 9076 (12/19/06 05:53 PM)

#209157 - 12/19/06 05:56 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

in any case, I dont think the Church of Satan encourages marriage to begin with.

You don't think, eh? What makes you think that?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#209158 - 12/19/06 06:00 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Poetaster]
9076 Offline

It said somewhere that it only does so occassionally , and the satanic bible says, "with much reluctance".plus dont forget it says they are sorry every sunday that they lusted after others. I would rather be the "others" being lusted after, than the one apologized too. I think.

Edited by 9076 (12/19/06 06:05 PM)

#209159 - 12/19/06 06:09 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

You make in interesting point, however it really does come down to each to their own in this case.

As I had stated, my view pertains to myself only and I do think that for someone who IS a Satanist and enters a relationship on false grounds by hiding that aspect of themselves, is already setting themselves up for a fall, especially if their partner is closed minded.

For those that realise down the track that they are Satanists, then I think thats where the lines of communication, love and understanding between you and your partner get tested, especially if your partner is a devout Xtian or some other denomination the believes in a deity.

Church of Satan

#209160 - 12/19/06 06:17 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Magister_Harris]
Colonel_Akula Offline

CoS Reverend

Loc: The North
I second that. There are some out there who are dyed in the wool Satanists...they just don't have a card yet. As long as honesty and communication is there, there should not be a problem.

HS!!!
"We are evolutionaries in the purest sense of the word. Spiritually and intellectually we are transcending a world grown rotten and we are transvaluing values, because for us, the highest value is irrefutable."

"Delay is like Death"
Peter the Great.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."
Orwell.

#209161 - 12/19/06 08:05 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Marriage isn't the issue, self-deceit is.

If you're married and only pretending to be monogamous against your natural sexual inclination then it's self-deceit. If you truly make a monogamous commitment that you honour and your partner understands this, there's no conflict with Satanism.

To assume that Satanism is against marriage is a to misconstrue the Satanic Bible. It simply advocates being true to the self, whatever form of commitment and/or sexuality you wish to pursue.

Edited by lexiphanic (12/19/06 08:07 PM)

#209162 - 12/19/06 08:10 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

I am a Satanist, and my fiance' is not. In fact she was raised strict Jehovah's Witness but no longer is a part of that religion. She doesn't quite understand Satanism, but tries and is very supportive of me. Here's the deal, we talked about this before we proceeded with the relationship. I told her that I am a Satanist and will not change. She appreciated my honesty and has never once tried to get me to change. I understand that she is not a Satanist and never will be but that's fine. The important thing is that we get along great, sure we have our problems as any couple does but we know how to work it out, beyond that our personal beliefs are in fact irrelevant. If anyone is in a relationship to try and change someone then they are in that relationship for all the WRONG reasons.Good luck!

#209163 - 12/19/06 08:31 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Lust Offline

Quote:

I wasnt going to post anything yet but, in some cases a person is married, years before they ever even know satanism exists. in that case, if you decide on a particular religion(any religion) and if your the kind of person who would only marry someone of the same religion,(if you decide to get married at all.) for religious reasons. then you would have quite a struggle with that. I do not personally have that problem. in any case, I dont think the Church of Satan encourages marriage to begin with.Im not married. I have no desire to get married.

Click Here!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#209164 - 12/19/06 09:04 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Without going into detail I will just say from my personal experience (a four year relationship) it doesn't work. So what kept me from not ending it sooner? The sex was phenomenal.

And he was an "atheist"

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#209165 - 12/20/06 06:19 AM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Biff Offline

Loc: Hong Kong, SAR
It may not be addressed to you, and some of it is not, though you might find some of the Satanic Youth Communique a help in how to deal with close friends and family in introducing Satanism.

Quote:

“My parents and friends don’t understand me, and don’t approve of my interest in Satanism. How can I make them accept my beliefs, and where can I go to perform my rituals?”

Unfortunately, most young Satanists face this problem. Few of us are lucky enough to have sympathetic parents, or others around like ourselves. However, as long as you are living under your parents’ roof and they are feeding and taking care of you, you do owe them a degree of consideration. Offer to let them read your books, and talk about what misunderstandings they may have from T.V. talk shows and Christian propaganda. But you can’t force anyone to understand what, for you, is an obvious and magical revelation. If Satanism offends others who have necessary control over your life right now, do your studies and rituals in private. If you don’t have a place at home where you can be alone, find a special spot on the beach, in a field, or in the woods where you can ritualize when you need to. While you are understandably enthusiastic about your new-found religion, it is not very Satanic to make yourself miserable by creating a problem with your parents when you have to live in the same house together, or at school where your real goal may be to aggravate those in authority in the guise of “expressing your individuality.”

Practice Lesser Magic. Remember that a competent Satanic magician should be able to size up any situation and weigh his choices of action to bring about desired results. Enthusiasm is certainly encouraged and appreciated, however Satanism asks no one to be a martyr. And keep in mind that most people simply aren’t going to understand because, ultimately, they don’t want to. That is as it should be. Satanism is not for everyone. Satan, as depicted in myth and literature, by his very nature walks alone. He is therefore the embodiment of the true individualist, the outcast. This doesn’t mean that you cannot care about those who are close to you; Satan also represents love, kindness and respect to those who deserve it. It just means that you should not concern yourself with people who do not approve of you. Revel in your uniqueness; be proud of who and what you are. Achieve all you can with the strength and determination of Satan himself coursing proudly through your veins. When Satanism leads to positive changes in your accomplishments and attitude, your parents and other adults around you will notice. The best way you can represent Satanism, at any age, is by providing a living example of how the diabolical arts have made you a stronger, more focused, joyful person. The results will speak louder than any logical argument you can present.

'It's only hubris, if I fail.' - Caesar (HBO's Rome)

HAIL SATAN!

#209166 - 12/20/06 12:58 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Zaftig]
9076 Offline

I literally am not married. I never was. To be married you have to at least go to court and legally do it.I will never have a marriage ordained by anything other than a satanic religion, and I am not interested in Ever getting married. bottom line. Now some guys who are not interested in someone, may say oh, I see you are with someone, you live with someone, after living with someone for a period of time its considered common law. Im not interested in you so instead of just telling you that I will say, but you are married, not interested. Some women who Are legally married, if a guy wants them (other than their spouce), they will say I dont care if your married. Im not married. I dont consider myself in any kind of relationship, boyfriend or otherwise because I am not lusting after anyone. I am not in a relationship where there is sexual lust where Im fantasizing about being with the person sexually. or getting turned on by the thought of this person kissing me.Im in a day to day normal public life existance. survival. That does not mean that my mind does not have its own desires. I go through periods of maybe liking one person, usually someone ive never met, and lusting after them. sometimes theres nobody that I like, but the lust urge is there and there is no one around that I would actually want to be with. those are the times where I wish I could just possibly find someone new to be with either as a boyfriend or a few days. when I think of the term marriage In a normal(ideal) lustful sense, I am thinking in terms of the future, falling in love or wanting to have sex When I meet the right person, as in something that Has Not happened yet. But those are white light childish fantasy thinking and the truth is marriage is not really in my vocabulary anymore. on a non lustful note, marriage can also have a different meaning, (again white light or societal thinking.) an institution in which 2 people decide to stay together, only have sex (not lust) just an act, with each other for the purpose of a family life complete with inlaws. To me that is not lust, if Im lusting after someone the last thing I want to do is meet their parents, go to a gathering (wedding) the whole thing is just anti-lust, anti-private. To me lust, and society day to day life do not mix. That does not mean Im incapable of lust,or the thought, feeling of desire. It means I don't associate it with marriage at all. Also, I think its possible that actually having sex with someone, can kill the Desire to have sex with them, and I think the desire is more important, more valuable. I could be wrong its possible that if you have sex with someone that you'll lust after them more and more and like them more than if you never did have sex with them. Again, theres different levels of desire, you may just be feeling a basic sex urge and want the person your desiring, or you may really like the person so much that you want it to lead to that fullfillment and (closeness) bond with that person.Or you might just not be interested in sex at all. And just because you have stong feelings for (because of) a person does not mean they feel the same about you, or that they dont feel that intensity for Someone Else. So its really stupid to allow yourselve to get in the vulnerable position of liking someone because, they'll never know how you feel. If a person just has sex with the person their lusting after, thats fine. but when you dont like anybody, theres no reason to lust after anyone, plus, no one wants someone to be in love with them because is it going to devastae the weak individual whos "in love" as well as in lust, if the one "loved " should drop off the face of the earth.(existance.)

#209167 - 12/20/06 01:04 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Ok.

#209168 - 12/20/06 01:06 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

To be married you have to at least go to court and legally do it.

Actually, all you have to do is say, "Hey Bob, meet my wife [name]."

You'll never catch me getting married in a chapel. But that doesn't mean I won't have a wife someday.

#209169 - 12/20/06 01:07 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Mr Sam Offline

Can you paragraph that? I couldn't get 5 lines into it.

#209170 - 12/20/06 01:19 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Mr_47]
9076 Offline

Actually, you are right. But what I am saying is that when I do get married or a "hello we're now married", is I want it to be a Lust/desire relationship, with someone im willing to surrender to, than a simple platonic friendship, aquantaince deal. Someone with the capabilities never to be destoyed or conquered by anyone else. if it were to be permanent. which its never going to happen. but sometimes you only lust after someone for a short period of time. in which case its better to do something about it then, than to say, no I dont want something permanent, so I dont want anything at all. Actually, theres nothing wrong with saying that.

Edited by 9076 (12/20/06 01:32 PM)

#209171 - 12/20/06 01:28 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Great.

I was simply commenting that Satanic philosophy does neither officially condone nor condemn marriage as you inferred here. I was pointing out that it's up to the individual to decide the terms of whatever relationship they'd like to have.

#209172 - 12/20/06 01:37 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Zaftig]
9076 Offline

That's okay, I was just correcting a misinterpretation, I think it implied that I was married and trying to hide that fact, and I was simply clarifying that no I am not married, not legally, and not by my personal definition of marriage.I simply am not married.(and maybe Im a little sad about that, I would like a real sexual relationship one day, unless thats not really what I want.

Edited by 9076 (12/20/06 01:38 PM)

#209173 - 12/20/06 02:52 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Quote:

I could be wrong its possible that if you have sex with someone that you'll lust after them more and more and like them more than if you never did have sex with them.

Yes, it's definitely possible to lust after someone more after you've had sex with them.

Quote:

So its really stupid to allow yourselve to get in the vulnerable position of liking someone because, they'll never know how you feel.

Why not??

I could be wrong because it was damn difficult to follow your post but most of what you wrote suggests you're basing your conclusions on conjecture, not experience.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#209174 - 12/20/06 03:28 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Minus Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Circling A Star
Quote:

I would like a real sexual relationship one day, unless thats not really what I want.

Even though this makes no sense, it goes against everything you wrote in your introductory post...

"When the great lord passes, the wise peasant bows deeply and silently farts."
-Ethiopian Proverb

#209175 - 12/20/06 03:37 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Minus]
9076 Offline

Hello MinusXIII, I know what I wrote didn't make much sense, thats not really a sentance I would have highlighted, I think now that you've mentioned it I'm going to go back and delete that statement. I just really am not married and I think I just wanted to emphsize that I am not married. I am not legally married, because I don't choose to be. That does not imply that Im dating tons of people, or even anyone at all right now. (on second thought, after rereading my paragraph, I'll leave the sentence in there because it was just a thought.)

Edited by 9076 (12/20/06 03:39 PM)

#209176 - 12/20/06 03:41 PM Re: "Please don't feed the monkeys"... [Re: 9076]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
No bananas for you...

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#209177 - 12/20/06 03:42 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Minus]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

it goes against everything you wrote in your introductory post...

And here the user is supposed to ask, "What introductory post?"

You're assuming too much MinusXIII.

#209178 - 12/20/06 03:51 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Quote:

Hello MinusXIII, I know what I wrote didn't make much sense, thats not really a sentance I would have highlighted, I think now that you've mentioned it I'm going to go back and delete that statement. I just really am not married and I think I just wanted to emphsize that I am not married. I am not legally married, because I don't choose to be. That does not imply that Im dating tons of people, or even anyone at all right now. (on second thought, after rereading my paragraph, I'll leave the sentence in there because it was just a thought.)

<whistles>

"Gollum:
We wants it, we needs it. Must have the Preciousss. They stole it from us. Sneaky little hobbitses. Wicked, tricksy, falssse!
Sméagol:
No! No! Master!
Gollum:
Yess. Preciousss first. They will cheat you, hurt you, lie!
Sméagol:
Master's my friend.
Gollum:
You don't have any friends. Nobody likes you.
Sméagol:
Not listening. Not listening.
Gollum:
You´re a liar, and a thief.
Sméagol:
No.
Gollum:
Murderer!
Sméagol:
Go away.
Gollum:
Go away?! Ahahhaa!
Sméagol:
I hate you, I hate you.
Gollum:
Where would you be without me? Gollum. Gollum. I saved us. It was me. We survived because of me.
Sméagol:
Not anymore.
Gollum:
What did you say?
Sméagol:
Master looks after us now. We don't need you.
Gollum:
What?
Sméagol:
Leave now and never come back.
Gollum:
No!
Sméagol:
Leave now and never come back!
Gollum:
Ahh!
Sméagol:
LEAVE NOW AND NEVER COME BACK!
[Silence]
Sméagol:
We told him to go away! And away he goes, preciousss. Gone, gone, gone, Sméagol is free!"

The Two Towers
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#209179 - 12/20/06 04:03 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

"I simply am not married.(and maybe Im a little sad about that, I would like a real sexual relationship one day, unless thats not really what I want"

If you want to have a sexual releationship, don't ruin it with marriage.

#209180 - 12/20/06 04:09 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Paragraph?!

#209181 - 12/20/06 04:36 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: 9076]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

I cant really make heand nor tails of what your on about except for the fact that I think your not quite ripe yet....

Church of Satan

#209182 - 12/20/06 04:43 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: tekku]
Mr Sam Offline

Quote:

I would like a real sexual relationship one day

Yet he so desperatly wants to be plucked .

#209183 - 12/20/06 04:46 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Mr Sam]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Quote:

I would like a real sexual relationship one day

Yet he so desperatly wants to be plucked .

Well he's definitely screwing himself.

#209184 - 12/20/06 05:57 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
I think the most important thing is that you and your spouse share common values and a generally similar worldview, and that your personalities compliment one another. If you both click well enough in enough ways, then it can work, even if you don't share the same religion.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#209185 - 12/20/06 08:19 PM Off topic. [Re: 9076]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

To be married you have to at least go to court and legally do it.

Common law marriages happen by doing nothing.

Be careful.

#209186 - 12/20/06 11:41 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
ShivasSnake Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM
If it is a problem you choose that perspective.
If you choose that perspective, and you choose to have the problem, what will you do about it?
Adapt? Move on?
I was in a relationship with a person who did not agree with my religion.
Eventually we realized our paths were too different to sustain a progressive or comfortable relationship.
Moving on. Moving foreward.
If you understand diversity it is not strange.

#209187 - 12/21/06 12:40 AM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: RandomStranger]
Psychotherapeut Offline

CoS Member

Quote:

"I simply am not married.(and maybe Im a little sad about that, I would like a real sexual relationship one day, unless thats not really what I want"

On topic, I agree that so long as there is no strife due to your personal choice, don't worry about it. I also agree that if this is a problem, you shouldn't be looking at getting married, as it will only present more and more problems. S/he wouldn't necessarily have to apply for a red card or call herself a Satanist, so long as you're both of like mind. If you aren't, I wouldn't waste my time.

#209188 - 12/21/06 04:41 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: RandomStranger]
9076 Offline

Quote:

I agree.

#209189 - 12/22/06 06:09 AM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Psychotherapeut]
mullet Offline

Loc: STL . MO
im a satanist and my wife is not. we dont have issues with our religous choice. as hse really has no religion. are issue lie mainly in the fact that im an ass.

we also have children which is why im replying.

my thought is when it comes that time to hand them the information. and let them decide intelligently on theyr own as i did. instead of trying to force them into a beleif they may not agree with later.

sidenote i use to laugh at the people so worried about preaching in schools of "god" but now i realize why they would be upset.

#209190 - 12/22/06 07:42 AM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: mullet]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

are issue lie mainly in the fact that im an ass.

Ya don't say?

#209191 - 12/23/06 08:35 AM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: SadisticRage]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington
Satanists practice their religion on an individual level. If one feels that they want to only marry a Satanist, it is an individual thing. But Satanists are not required to marry, and if they do they're not required to marry their own kind.

#209192 - 12/25/06 07:08 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Catalyst]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I trully love this girl, and I'm engaged with her, we both were christian until she started getting her hands on a Wicca book but still holding her faith along with it, and I finally found out that I'm born a Satanist, trying to admit to her what I now believe but she states "If you turn Satanist, I would leave you" and then threatens to burn the Satanic bible if it is ever in the proximity of her home, doesn't want it around our children (which will be coming in a few years) she says really loves me and doesn't want to leave me or me leave her. My parents are the same way in this matter, meaning that they want me to believe what they believe because they know that christianity is healthy and satanism is dark and and is with satan. I haven't admitted to them what I trully am, but in this situation, what would you all do?

#209193 - 12/25/06 07:12 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: LordofDarkness]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

what would you all do?

I would write out idea's and philosophies from TSB, replacing the word "Satan", "lucifer" etc, with my name.

I would take out all "Satanic imagery" and leave the facts, then I would give her it to read, on plain paper (again, no Satanic imagery)

Say these are your religious views, see what she says... If she still disagrees, then you dont have much hope.

#209194 - 12/25/06 07:21 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: LordofDarkness]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Well, I can only speak for myself, so if it were ME in your situation, I would make the best attempt I could to explain what Satanism is and is not. If you've done that, and she still maintains her conviction to leave you, then it's obvious that you two have some issues that need to be worked out. And it's best that you do work them out, because if you don't, it'll only backfire later down the road, and then you both lose out.

Unfortunately for you, that's something you'll have to go alone. It's your life, not mine or anyone elses. Learn to make some tough decisions, because that's life and the only person that can look out for you, is you.

- Sam Harris

#209195 - 12/25/06 07:42 PM Re: You are a satanist, but your husband/wife is not [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
that works for me, thank you! I'll take the advice you both gave me when the time comes around.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43829 Topics
405228 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements