Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#209235 - 12/18/06 09:28 PM Re: Quick way to shut up a Xian [Re: Poetaster]
slayermet420 Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I agree with AmbientLogic. Trying to argue with them is like arguing with a rock. All you'll do is end up tired and short of breath. Not worth the time.

#209236 - 12/18/06 09:38 PM Re: Quick way to shut up a Xian [Re: SadisticRage]
Evol Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Australia
As much as I would wish it that simple, I have used that previously and received the "A parent would suffer more watching their child die than dying themselves and that it was man's choice which god entrusted his son to and blah blah blah". The simplest solution is indeed to ignore. Sometimes I pretend to go along with it because I can laugh inside as I counter each ridulous assertion in myself without feeling the need to express that to them. There is no trump card, there is only a choice to recognise your true nature or deny it. If they would rather it were the way they choose to think it is then let them suffer guilt ridden with belief in their sin to the grave. Their suffering merely makes my pleasure all the more enjoyable because they don't want it, and I can enjoy it peacefully, with a relaxed state of mind knowing that they will not try to take it from me, that they will only try to take me from it and since it is me, how can they possibly hope to do that.
"There are problems in today's world that cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them" Albert Einstein "A man who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the value of life." Charles Darwin

#209237 - 12/18/06 11:25 PM Re: Quick way to shut up a Xian [Re: SadisticRage]
Byzantium Offline

Loc: South Africa
A French writer once said that you can tell Satan is more powerful than God by the fact that he manages to win the battle for souls hands-down without having to sacrifice any of his children.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12155 Members
73 Forums
43918 Topics
405733 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements