Topic Options
#210322 - 12/23/06 03:28 PM Theory AND Practice
theplague Offline

Loc: Washington State
Infernal greetings all, I want to say just a few things about some of the success I've has as a practicing Satanist. Many of you have seen my earlier posts and know that things truly have been going my way. In fact, it is my pleasure to state that it is only getting better all the time. I do have to say though, I believe, and this is just my opinion, that it is because I live Satanism in my everyday life.
Everyone in my personal life knows I practice Satanism, as do my coworkers, employer, bandmates etc. I do not hide this, in fact I am PROUD to wear the label "Satanis". Many of them are confounded as to why things have been going so well for me even though I tell them...they just want to believe something else. Satanism has helped me gain control over my alcohol and drug habits, provided me with a band that is well on it's way to commercial success, a beautiful girlfriend who may well end up being my wife, all the things I had in the pawn shop are out. I am at the top of the food chain at my work. All of this, every bit of it, I believe would not be were it not for my allegiance with the powers of darkness and the practice of Satanism. True Satanism as defined by the Church of Satan.
Friends this is not to say that I don't have tough days and hard battles, for as the Satanic Bible says, a sprinking of enemies will show what you are made of. A hero or victim..the choice is yours and yours alone. But despite whatever small battles I might lose I am no doubt winning the war for my life and will settle for nothing short of complete victory.
Satanism gives the individual all the tools he/she needs to experience a truly vital, meaningful existance. It has done so for me and I cannot SCREAM "hail Satan" loud enough to show my gratitude for what Anton Lavey has given me. So the next best thing as I see it is this: I am going to in the next month or two depending apply for active membership in the Church of Satan. It is my pleasure to clarify the warped ideas so many people have of satanism and those who practice the true faith. I am a true believer, not in empty promises or some nepharious next life, but in the here and now because as I see it that's all you or I have.
The bottom line as I see it is if you are not seeing the kinds of forward momentum in your life that you would like to see you need to revisit your practices. Because all the theories in the world are not going to do shit if you don't get out of the house and take it to the streets.
Hail Satan!
God IS Dead, Long live the Devil!

#210323 - 12/23/06 10:43 PM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: theplague]
Drimlybunk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
Quote:

All of this, every bit of it, I believe would not be were it not for my allegiance with the powers of darkness and the practice of Satanism.

What you seem to be misunderstanding is that you effected every change you now perceive in your life. How has Satanism changed you? Why did you need something else to suggest these changes?

Really, why do you credit your religion and not yourself for your improvements?

It's good that things are working out for you.

#210324 - 12/24/06 12:26 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: theplague]
unholy_dragon Offline

Loc: london, england
Quote:

I believe would not be were it not for my allegiance with the powers of darkness and the practice of Satanism. True Satanism as defined by the Church of Satan.

Thats great, Your succeeding in your goals but do not just credit Satanism for where you are today. Satanism is a guide for you to run by. But does not help you achieve your desires that you cant achieve by yourself.

If your referring to lesser or greater magic then you should credit the magic more than satanism itself
Quote:

7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

!!!HAIL SATAN!!!

#210325 - 12/24/06 12:26 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: Drimlybunk]
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

I tend to agree with Drimlybunk. I was a user of drugs for several years and I quit. But it was not any religion that helped me. It was the fact that I just woke up one morning and didn't use it again and have not since then. That was after a good 10 years of usage so I'm not talking about just minor once in a while usage. I'm talking about every day kind of use.

I credit my Self for my no longer being involved with my herb which I smoked daily. I quit because of ME.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear you are overcoming your own addictions. I wish you continued success.

Have a good holiday.

#210326 - 12/24/06 12:30 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: Drimlybunk]
theplague Offline

Loc: Washington State
I think what I'm trying to say is satanism has given me the tools that have allowed me to really focus in on what I want and how to achieve it. No more wishing and hoping for things to get done. I'm just doing it and everything else just seems to fall into place. Sometimes I'm not the best at explaining things, but I've learned to be grateful for the things that have come to me and want to give the devil "his due" as it were. I honestly feel that there is nothing I desire that is beyond my grasp, and that is VERY different than I used to be. That's the kind of change I see in myself and I want to maintain this trajectory. I have the utmost respect for those of you who have been doing this longer than I have as your theory and practice are more matured than my own.

Hail Satan!

#210327 - 12/24/06 03:40 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: theplague]
Jeremiah Offline

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

I think what I'm trying to say is satanism has given me the tools that have allowed me to really focus in on what I want and how to achieve it.

You credit satanism for providing tools. Are you referring to magic or rituals? If not, then I would believe you always had these tools, and perhaps, have realized how to use what has always been there.

#210328 - 12/24/06 06:07 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: theplague]
mat_p Offline

Loc: UK
Congratulations on your life going so well, but as others have said, its all down to you!

#210329 - 12/24/06 07:56 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: theplague]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
I think what drimlybunk is saying is that Satanism doesn't change you, you were born that way, it is YOU that made the changes in your life. Satanism is in your nature and it has always been that way, even if you didn't know it had a name you would have made these changes anyway.

#210330 - 12/25/06 02:09 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: theplague]
Enchantress Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Canada
Quote:

Because all the theories in the world are not going to do shit if you don't get out of the house and take it to the streets.

Great post!
All I'd like to say about the quote above, is that a Satanist is naturally motivated to better themselves and actively pursue ever higher and more creative and/or complex goals. Not everyone is capable of motivating themselves to "take it to the streets" as you've put it - born not made.
You seem the former.

Congratulations on your achievements.

HAIL SATAN!
Undercroft Sign Up

#210331 - 12/25/06 02:48 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: unholy_dragon]
blaskhyrk Offline

Loc: Poland
I am philosophical satanist, and i don't use magic many times, but i will be learning to it, i'm doing only rituals from the satanic bible

#210332 - 12/25/06 07:58 AM Re: Theory AND Practice [Re: theplague]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
It's been mentioned elsewhere in this thread, but I'd preach caution when dedicating anything (especially personal success) to Satanism, per se; it's missing the overall point.

Personally, I like the way HP Gilmore views Satanism; little more than a "tool". When you are building a shed, you're going to need more than a hammer. In this sense, the practice of Satanic ritual and magic is just another string to your bow of living and loving life.

While your success must be congratulated (and it is, sir!), you shouldn't dedicate it to anyone but yourself. When you start thanking any religion for your life, you subconsciously start to believe you owe it something.

Just a thought.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

Forum Stats
12171 Members
73 Forums
43938 Topics
405803 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements