Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#210709 - 12/25/06 04:17 AM After this...What?
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

Greetings:

I know Anton LaVey did not believe in reincarnation. Nor did he obviously believe in Heaven.

So my question is: What happens to the soul/spirit/spark of life within the human body after that body ceases to operate or dies? Where does it go? (For if there is no heaven, how can there be a hell?) What DOES the Church of Satan teach regarding this subject?

Thank you.

#210710 - 12/25/06 05:24 AM Re: After this...What? [Re: Sylph69]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

We don't believe in a soul. When you die, your body goes in the ground, where it rots. There is nothing else. Rough, but that's how it is.

#210711 - 12/25/06 10:53 AM Re: After this...What? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

So "life" ceases with the death of the physical body? That thing within the body which motivates it and sustains it is NOT? It is an only "Here and Now" deal?

#210712 - 12/25/06 12:06 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Sylph69]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Read the chapter in THE SATANIC BIBLE on Life After Death through Fulfillment of the Ego.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#210713 - 12/25/06 08:37 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Sylph69]
James_Thor Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
I can't speak for the Church of Satan on this, but I can speak for myself. You go wherever your life has programmed you to go; if you believe death sets you free and gives you the universe, perhaps it will.

#210714 - 12/25/06 08:39 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
James_Thor Offline

Seriously? I thought I was pretty much all-in, but I can't say I respect that... the subtle energies of life are not so easily dispelled.

#210715 - 12/25/06 10:40 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: James_Thor]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Sure they are. Life is a terribly fragile and cheap thing, and easily ended forever.

White light religion is founded on the pipe dream of wishing that we had eternal life after death. Many wish it were so, but unfortunately when you die, you die. Better enjoy it while you can.

#210716 - 12/25/06 11:38 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

The article which I read about the "spark of life" was from the science magazine OMNI. That is where I learned about the energy cannot be destroyed but can only be altered or channeled into another area/way.

I know the 'white light' religions, as you call them, make a million off such theories but that was not my source.

Again, thank you for your reply. I am appreciating this conversation.

#210717 - 12/25/06 11:47 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Sylph69]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Just because energy cannot be destroyed doesn't mean it will assume a permanent and eternal form that maintains consciousness.

After you die, your biological energy will indeed endure, as food for worms.

#210718 - 12/25/06 11:48 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
James_Thor Offline

Don't think for a moment that I fit in with a white crowd.

Life is as cheap and fragile as you make it... by believing your life to be so transient, you tell your soul to disperse after your death... residual programming. It's very efficient, darwinian in a way - if your beliefs aren't strong enough to survive the minor shock of death, then indeed perhaps your soul will fade away as easily as you describe.

I like to walk the middle path, in a straight line.

#210719 - 12/25/06 11:50 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
James_Thor Offline

You're very right, it's up to you to create that permanant and eternal form. If you don't believe it can or will, then it won't. I won't should you, but I will suggest you consider my words.

#210720 - 12/25/06 11:55 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

Quote:

Just because energy cannot be destroyed doesn't mean it will assume a permanent and eternal form that maintains consciousness.

You have a good point there. I've never thought of it that way. But it certainly sheds light for thought.

#210721 - 12/26/06 12:24 AM Re: After this...What? [Re: James_Thor]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Right. Was this revelation given to you by a ghost, or a UFO?

Seems obvious to me you won't get on well here. We don't believe in spiritualist nonsense.

#210722 - 12/26/06 02:48 AM Your question itself is wrong. [Re: Sylph69]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
It is like asking if the steak is brown or if it is hot.

You question is filled with prior assumptions about death, your identity and other critical issues.

Satanism is not concerned with maybes but with realities.

We do not claim to know everything and, if anything, advise guarding against whose who are quick to tell you that they do.

What would you do if you were uncertain that there was life everlasting after death?

It is wiser to do that then to assume you have a free ticket to eternity on someone's say so, don't you think?

Do not be duped by spiritual con games.

Operate from what you do know - not from what others would suggest you merely believe.

An entire chapter on this subject is in The Satanic Bible. I would suggest you follow Magister Svengali's recommendation and read it again very carefully.

#210723 - 12/26/06 10:33 AM Re: Your question itself it wrong. [Re: Nemo]
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

Quote:

It is like asking if the steak is brown or if it is hot.

You question is filled with prior assumptions about death, your identity and other critical issues.

I'm certain this is very true. Although I fight it daily to overcome those pre-indoctrination trauma's, I still am faced with them almost constantly--and such continues to prompt my many questions.

Quote:

What would you do if you were uncertain that there was life everlasting after death?

Again, if I may be honest with you, I think it would first frighten me. Perhaps I want to believe there is more where it may be better than it has been--although there has been a lot of fun and good for me in my many years. In accepting reincarnation as an alternative, I am wanting it to be better for the next life--not as much illness and stress and traumatic real life realities. But I do recognize that all I am thinking is based entirely upon what someone else has said or written or preached. And I have not yet met anyone who can 100% guarantee what they say to be fact. (Although they all claim it!)

Obviously, if I did find out there was nothing more, then I would have to live with the fact. I do not know that I would do anything different than what I have planned for today. Or what I even did yesterday. But I do believe it would certainly alter greatly my thinking about tomorrow.

Quote:

It is wiser to do that then to assume you have a free ticket to eternity on someone's say so, don't you think? Do not be duped by spiritual con games.

I think this is the wisest comment I have yet received on this forum. Because of my desire to want to believe, I am sometimes suspectible to holding on to false teachings and hope. But if I may pat myself on the back, I continue to challenge them with questions and seek answers in the mind-set that I will find the answer so long as I do not give up on my search for it.

Quote:

Operate from what you do know - not from what others would suggest you merely believe.

Thank you. I do appreciate you taking the time to comment and offer your feedback to my search. I respect you also for your manner in which you offer it.

Have a good day.

#210724 - 12/27/06 02:32 AM Re: Reincarnation [Re: Sylph69]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
I would also suggest you simply ask yourself how this would be different for you from total amnesia.

Personally I consider the idea of reincarnation to be no different than the same tragic personal destruction we see in the victims of senile dementia.

Continuity of awareness means nothing without memory and is not different from the destruction of self.

#210725 - 12/27/06 06:57 PM Dementia? [Re: Nemo]
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

I'm not familiar with dementia other than what I just read in the American Medical Assoc. Encyclopedia. And that was not a lot. So I am going to try and address your last statement according to what I just read.

Are you saying then: Without the memory of what happened in a previous life, if such exists, we have nothing? And therefore, to be reincarnated offers us nothing for we will (if such exists) not remember anything from the past life? Thus, the self (in the past life) is dead!

If I understand you to be saying this, then I whole heartedly agree. For if I could not remember having lived in this life, when I reach the possibility of another incarnation, then what good would it do me? For I would have no recollection of this and therefore would not know that I had lived now. But, should I read of "me in the now" at some future date, then all I would have was that someone named "me" had once lived and I would not know that it was me in a former life.

So the value of reincarnation would be nill.

#210726 - 01/02/07 02:20 PM Re: After this...What? [Re: Sylph69]
Sylph69 Offline
Banned

EVERYTHING HAS CORRECTED ITSELF AND I APPRECIATE YOUR ASSISTANCE.

HAPPY 2007.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12117 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405554 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements