Topic Options
#21213 - 01/17/04 07:48 AM Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Iíve seen it a couple of times happen now,
good posts being deleted right away just for itís content.
Some might take said posts offensive,
but surely last time I checked this was a Discussion and Questions forum!
Iím sure I donít have to name the posts and the posters who posted them,
since we are all very aware that most of the good ones did not stay on the board,
but did stay in our heads.
In mine anyway !
Now donít get me wrong,
Iím certainly NOT out to step on anybodyís toes,
offend anyone, or disrespect Rev. Ventrueís online lair!
But it does strike me weird that most posts that have a certain directness,
are taken offensive while actually they have a good point!
Iím sure that if these posts werenít deleted, there either would not be a need to discuss them, since the members
of the board agree with each other, or weíd get a serious debate started (which would be refreshing after months of "silence")
Face it! adequately put ďhappy b-dayĒ posts and ďred cardĒ posts have set the trend here.
I say, "congratulations and happy b-day to ya".
Discussions & Questions related to the Satanic Philosophy as set forth by Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan.
Perhaps I'm on the wrong part of the board then.

I know, some posts are offensive and need to be deleted. Iím all for that.

But, perhaps, those who claim to be ELITE, he/she or they would consider my words, and those of others, instead of instantly take them for offensive and provocative.
Because I'm not out to push the wrong buttons!
I'm just calling it as I see it.

ďRefreshing yet Provocative!Ē

#21214 - 01/17/04 08:53 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Anonymous
Unregistered

When the emperor has no clothes...

delete the annoying little kid!

#21215 - 01/17/04 09:59 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
More often than not, these types of posts that I've seen hit on subjects that were originally accusations by organizations against the Church of Satan.

They present the questions in deceiving ways (a recent example would be Odin_Rite and his "associates"). It's very suspicious and reeks of an ulterior motive

Secondly, a good many of the accusations have been debunked (the Dok's "real" name), are idiotic (only 400 members in the Church of Satan), or just plain insulting (all Members are neo-Nazis and fanatical LaVey worshipers).

The majority of these attacks are against Members and are based off pseudo-Satanists and their actions. There is no purpose in discussing "LaVey worship", because the act is unSatanic, and therefore has no relevance in this place. Even if they wave a red card, all it means is they haven't been spotted by the Hierarchy yet.

The only discussion I see as useful would be how to eliminate and prevent such people from affiliation. Seeing as how neither you or I are in the position to make policies, it's a waste of our time and energy.

That, or the post could just be a stupid waste of bytes.

I do, however, agree that there should be more debates in this section. I'd also like to see a general user's announcement forum: a place for announcing birthdays, accomplishments, or affiliation.

#21216 - 01/17/04 10:03 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion? [Re: Wonka]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, but real debates are hopeless in here.

#21217 - 01/17/04 10:36 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Wonka Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The City of Red Lights
Hopefully that will be remedied.

There is far too much filth washing up in the public sections, it's ruining it for the genuinely intelligent and useful posters.

Something interesting to note: Take your member number and subtract it from the number of Registered Users (listed at the bottom on the main page). That's how many were removed from this board.

Progress is being made -- slowly, but surely.

Edited by Spirus (01/17/04 10:49 AM)

#21218 - 01/17/04 10:39 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

I'm just calling it as I see it.

Funny thing about stupid people - they don't know they are stupid.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#21219 - 01/17/04 10:46 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
Quote:

Yes, but real debates are hopeless in here.

Real debates are hopeless in here [the public forum] because most participants out here would not know a "real" debate if it flew up your nose and died.

Shit-disturbers come on posting the same tired old anti-CoS garbage and act outraged when it is deleted. It has been done. It is tired, old, and boring.

If you don't like the CoS or this forum, go somewhere else and do something else.

Anyone that matters will be glad to see you go.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
ďA membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder.Ē -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#21220 - 01/17/04 10:53 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>Iím sure I donít have to name the posts and the posters who posted them,
since we are all very aware that most of the good ones did not stay on the board,
but did stay in our heads.<<

I have never seen "good" posts deleted. And the only deleted posts I do remember have either been stupid or of the ilk which have completely misconstrued the point of Satanism and/or Reverend Ventrue's board guidelines.

I have no idea to whom or what you are refering to as "good"

But I do think you are right in suggesting that the happy B'day To Me and Where Do You Keep Your Red Card posts are pretty useless. Though the term I would use for those types of post would be "a bit lame"

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#21221 - 01/17/04 10:55 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion? [Re: Svengali]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Rev. Svengali,
I respect your contributes the board as they are sometimes harsh yet always very honest.

It's just sad that I am directly referred to recent posts that have caused a certain quarrel between board members, thus leading to an extreme categorization of said people.

But I've said it before, and I'll say it again,
I'm not out to be disrespectful!
Nor am I pointing out or referring to recent deleted posts.
There's just a few posts that caught my attention which I'd like to think about a bit more before seeing them go down the drain without any consideration.

#21222 - 01/17/04 11:01 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Anonymous
Unregistered

About the "good" posts,
I'd just like to give them a bit more thought without seeing them disappear without any consideration whatsoever.

Als antwoord op:

I have no idea to whom or what you are refering to as "good"

Excuse me for using the word "good", I consider them interesting.

As for the Happy b-day to me and red card posts..
Well...

#21223 - 01/17/04 11:09 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

If you are not referring to the recent rash of "innocent questions" posed by baiters and trolls, then I would like to see specific examples of those "good" posts that went down the drain.

You get what you pay for. That includes this board.

ToV

#21224 - 01/17/04 11:18 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion? [Re: Sarracenia]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Als antwoord op:

If you are not referring to the recent rash of "innocent questions" posed by baiters and trolls, then I would like to see specific examples of those "good" posts that went down the drain

It's a little hard to find the only few posts that were deleted, that I found interesting

Don't get me wrong, I do agree that obnoxious posts should be deleted.
However I'm already associated with the recent posts.
So why bother.
Few know which posts I mean, and I couldn't care less about convincing an entire messageboard and explain them in detail which posts I mean.
I'm not an extra pair of eyes, everybody has eyes of their own and should use them.

#21225 - 01/17/04 11:35 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion?
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

I was obviously not asking for links but since you have shirked the burden of proof, then there is no need for anyone to take you seriously... asides, of course, for those lucky few who understand you.

All I hear is "Waa! Board bad! Posters are meanies to me! I don't wanna talk to meanies! WAA!"

ToV

#21226 - 01/17/04 11:45 AM Re: Debating Satanism facing deletion? [Re: Sarracenia]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Haha!
That is extremely funny.

Als antwoord op:

All I hear is "Waa! Board bad! Posters are meanies to me! I don't wanna talk to meanies! WAA!"

If that is what you hear, and how you interpreted my post, well that shows a little something about you then.

I'm not calling anyone a "meanie" or whatever people make of it, again to bad that I have to be categorized by "Satanists" as "good" or "bad".
If noone cared, I wouldn't haven gotten so many responses in my PM box thank you very much!

It's become a flame fest!
My fires burn the longest.

#21227 - 01/17/04 12:01 PM Clarification, not "debate"
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
"Discussions & Questions related to the Satanic Philosophy as set forth by Anton LaVey and the Church of Satan."

I didn't see the word "debate" there.

This isn't an area for "debating Satanism" or "questioning the CoS". How could anyone but a member question the CoS? The CoS doesn't really provide them with enough information to develop an informed opinion.

Basically, these "good points" you are referring to are just re-hashed impressions, uninformed opinions, Internet rumors, etc., made by people from the "outside". They don't know who or what they are talking about, they want to prove that they are superior. Why should we entertain their delusions of grandeur?

This is not an internet pissing contest.

This is not an area for "questioning" Satanism. We EXPECT you to question Satanism. On your own. When you read The Satanic Bible, interact with other Satanists, read articles about Satanism, etc. Doubt is a key part of Satanism. Read everything critically. If you are STILL interested in Satanism and think you might be a Satanist, this board is a great place to discuss (not debate) Satanism among others who are truthfully interested in Satanism as codified in TSB.

This area of the board, more than anything, serves as an area for clarification .

If someone new to Satanism has intelligent questions about the philosophy/religion and wants to get the answers from people who have studied Satanism and who self-identify as Satanists, they are welcomed. This is an opportunity to go directly to the SOURCE.

This area is a very PUBLIC expression of Satanism. As such, things that are not consistent with Satanism must be removed, because they misinform those who are truly interested in Satanism. They simply create confusion, in an area more or less designated for clarification.

Their posts are not deleted because they are "threatening", they are deleted because they cause confusion.

To those who seem to have nothing better to do than attempt to throw a wrench in our works :

If you don't like Satanism, or you disagree with some of the fundemental tenets of Satanism, or you think Satanists are all puffed up losers, why are you here? Get a life. Go find something "better".

We get the same wrenches all the time. We pull them out and the machinery keeps moving.

This is not an area for "questioning" Satanism.

This is an area for questions about Satanism.

Question it on your own damn time.

You are either beside us, or you are in our way.

Forum Stats
12220 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406142 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements