Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#212712 - 01/03/07 04:10 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Nidhogg]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Quote:

there is no intelligent design to nature thats all. Thus there is no actual purpose inherent in the existence of gender aside from perpetuation.

Lack of intelligent design does not mean that we haven't naturally ADOPTED these roles, through the generations these roles have just become more and more ingrained into our genetic materials.

It is apparently for the good of the race as a whole that we are dumber, live shorter, kill each other, and have the natural need to provide.

Of course we don't have to conform... it is just in our nature.

#212713 - 01/03/07 04:10 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Alia Offline
CoS Member

Loc: At Sorrow's End
What Daark said.

I knew there had to be something good with that y-cromosome.
Mostly, though, they do whatever I ask of them. And I'm still a virgin.

Carpe Noctem

#212714 - 01/03/07 04:16 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Rev_Malebranche]
Witch_Scarlet Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Texas
Okay... I like this reply too!

#212715 - 01/03/07 04:17 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: $lesk]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
Oh, that was good. Very good.

#212716 - 01/03/07 04:25 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Felstorm]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
Quote:

screw your nuts on and go knock some shit over with your dick.

Felstorm, you are one hilarious motherfucker.

#212717 - 01/03/07 04:33 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: tovasshi]
Rev_Malebranche Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Oregon
There are two sides to that coin.

I've been privy to a lot of private "girl-talk" in my life.

I assure you that for every 10 'empowered' females who 'talk the talk' and claim to be masters of men, at least 5 of them would throw themselves before the first guy willing to treat them like dirty, stupid whores.

If men are 'enslaved' to women, it is at least in part because of other men. Long before the word 'feminism' ever existed, society (read: men) thought that it would be a good idea to legally and morally bind men to women--precisely because men would otherwise shirk the responsibility of child bearing and move on to the next broad, not because women 'control' them. We have all sorts of social stigma that prevent men from dominating women and treating thenm like garbage, because we don't think that's fair or a good idea in the long run. But left to their own devices, this is exactly what many men would do. Remember that the reason, in many cases, that women can boss men around today is because men decided long ago it was unmanly to hit a woman. Without the social constructs that protect women, this whole notion of perfect equality and men being slaves to women would fall apart rapidly. In the same way that Hurrican Katrina revealed what happens when law and order breaks down.

#212718 - 01/03/07 05:10 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Rory_Rocketpants]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

Quote:

screw your nuts on and go knock some shit over with your dick.

Felstorm, you are one hilarious motherfucker.

The whiny-ness from some of these guys is overwhelming.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#212719 - 01/03/07 05:19 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Jack_Lantern]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Quote:

Quote:

There is no purpose to human existence except to procreate.

Well, to throw the ball back in your court, who gave us that purpose?

I missed this one.
To answer: reproduction is a biological imperative (that can be overridden).

#212720 - 01/03/07 05:19 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Felstorm]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia

Quote:

I'm sorry, but women are supposed to cook and sew and do the dishes and nuture the kids for those first few years.

Men are supposed to be the breadwinners. "Slaves" if you must. We're the soldiers, the fighters, the workers. We're supposed to teach our sons to fight, to work, to kill, to be strong. That is how the male sex is personified, strength.

Let's face it, we're all slaves to our children. If we didn't procreate we could be free!

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#212721 - 01/03/07 05:34 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Old_Pig]
Incubus Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Is it that the alpha male dominates the females, or that he dominates all the other males, making him the most desirable male from which the females choose? They wouldn't choose him unless he could demonstrate that he was strongest.
"The might of aithêr chases it into the sea, sea spits it out onto solid ground, earth spits it up into rays of the radiant sun and sun hurls it into the whirlpools of aithêr. One receives it from another, then another from another, and they all hate it. This is the way that I too am now going, an exile from the gods and a wanderer, placing my trust in mad Strife."

-Empedocles (c.490 - 430 BCE)

#212722 - 01/03/07 05:40 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Incubus]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

Is it that the alpha male dominates the females, or that he dominates all the other males, making him the most desirable male from which the females choose? They wouldn't choose him unless he could demonstrate that he was strongest.

In this day and age.

It is survival of the smoothest.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#212723 - 01/03/07 05:41 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Felstorm]
Incubus Offline

Loc: Connecticut, USA
Indeed. Thanks for the tip!
"The might of aithêr chases it into the sea, sea spits it out onto solid ground, earth spits it up into rays of the radiant sun and sun hurls it into the whirlpools of aithêr. One receives it from another, then another from another, and they all hate it. This is the way that I too am now going, an exile from the gods and a wanderer, placing my trust in mad Strife."

-Empedocles (c.490 - 430 BCE)

#212724 - 01/03/07 06:22 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
An excellent post!

And completely correct biologically speaking.

Since biology is the context here, I'm not sure why anyone brought social commentary to the table; although it was funny.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#212725 - 01/03/07 06:32 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: ElJago]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Humans are in the unique position to consciously override genetic blueprints.

That's just the way we evolved.

This simple observation is the only one necessary to answer the hang-ups that this thread produced.

Context is everything.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#212726 - 01/03/07 06:50 PM Re: Men are Slaves [Re: Poetaster]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Yeah, funny AND entertaining!

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12173 Members
73 Forums
43941 Topics
405813 Posts