#212956 - 01/04/07 07:59 PM Re: Sex Questions [Re: Shiva]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

---

#212957 - 01/04/07 10:19 PM Re: Sex Questions [Re: buzzoff]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

As I said, I love my wife. Period. Which is why the struggle. Again, thanks for the advice.

I have noticed how you keep repeating yourself, are you trying to convince yourself that you still love your wife? - Or are you actually in denial about the fact that you love her in another way now? Maybe it's too painful for you to admit the truth here?!

As I said before, if I'm thinking about others when I'm in a relationship then I know it's because my love for that person is either dying, or changing, for me love and sex is connected.

But I know that many people can separate love/sex ... maybe you should ask yourself if you are one of them? - if the answer is no, then I think you love your wife in another way now.

And then you can do two things, work on the relationship, tell your wife what you miss, give her what she loves, make her feel like the best woman in the world! - And then I'm sure she will also please you, because if you2 still love each other then it's worth fighting for, but the communication between you2 isn't working right now, make it work if you want to safe the love!

If the truth is that you actually don't love your wife in that special way anymore, then leave, don't hurt her or yourself by living a lie.

#212958 - 01/05/07 12:04 AM Get over it already. [Re: buzzoff]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

As I said, I love my wife. Period. Which is why the struggle.

Read my post below or be condemned to be on the Jerry Springer show.

At this point, you're not going to get it.

#212959 - 01/05/07 12:30 AM Re: Sex Questions [Re: buzzoff]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

It's not the fact that you want to fuck other women, but that you are thinking of lying to your wife, that calls your love for her into question.

#212960 - 01/05/07 12:51 AM Re: Sex Questions [Re: LightAngel]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

I have noticed how you keep repeating yourself, are you trying to convince yourself that you still love your wife? - Or are you actually in denial about the fact that you love her in another way now? Maybe it's too painful for you to admit the truth here?!

Bingo! Sentimentality is a bitch, heck it's a goddam monkey on your back.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#212961 - 01/05/07 02:11 AM Re: Sex Questions [Re: Luigi]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

Another option:

#212962 - 01/05/07 07:32 AM Re: Sex Questions [Re: Avidien]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

I think you can only lust after one person at a time

I am not currently in a relationship, and haven't been for awhile, but in my experience it is perfectly possible for me to lust over more than one woman at a time!

#212963 - 01/05/07 07:33 AM Re: Sex Questions [Re: Luigi]
DarkApollyon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Brighton, England
Quote:

Another option:

....but only if it's one with a pretty face...

#212964 - 01/05/07 08:47 AM Re: Sex Questions [Re: buzzoff]
Torquemada Offline

Loc: Spain&UK
Well, that is a strange question. It is as if you were asking: “may I cheat my wife, please?”

Do as you please. I am not good at this, because I do not have emotional attachments to women. I have never been in love, I think. Personally, with respect to women, I only appreciate sex, good manners, and good conversation, in this order.

Best,

Torquemada

#212966 - 01/05/07 09:58 AM Re: Sex Questions [Re: Luigi]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Safe sex: painting X's on the sheep that kick.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#212967 - 01/05/07 01:59 PM Re: Sex Questions [Re: TrojZyr]
buzzoff Offline

Loc: Alabama
I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. The Satanic Bible says, "...this does not include the unintentional hurt felt by those who might not agree with your views on sex...Naturally, you should avoid offending others who mean a great deal to you...However...despite you best efforts they accidentally find out..."
This is why I struggled. Before asking the question in my original post (and more importantly before thinking a bit about it), I took this to mean, "If you feel the need to have extra-marrital sex, try to hide it. If you get caught, it's not your fault." Now, however, I realize this means something more like "If you lust after women other than your wife, fulfill your desires through fantasy, and if she has a problem with that, that is not your problem." This may be oversimplification, but for me, this re-statement works.

#212968 - 01/05/07 02:03 PM Re: Sex Questions [Re: buzzoff]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
There is no need to look to the Satanic Bible for answers, you should know what to do (at least in this subject) without it.

#212969 - 01/05/07 02:19 PM Re: Sex Questions [Re: Mr Sam]
buzzoff Offline

Loc: Alabama
Quote:

There is no need to look to the Satanic Bible for answers, you should know what to do (at least in this subject) without it.

Yeah. You're right. The fucked up thing is that, since I've read TSB, I've been so excited about it that I've wanted to be the "perfect Satanist." I'm really only now getting what being a Satanist actually means. And cheating on my wife is not one of the things I would do (as a Satanist, buddhist, wiccan, christian...whatever). I found myself in TSB. I don't need to worry about what OTHER Satanists would do. I just have to know for myself.

#212972 - 01/05/07 04:26 PM Re: Sex Questions [Re: buzzoff]
BlueHeeler Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Quote:

Quote:

Yeah. You're right. The fucked up thing is that, since I've read TSB, I've been so excited about it that I've wanted to be the "perfect Satanist." I'm really only now getting what being a Satanist actually means. And cheating on my wife is not one of the things I would do (as a Satanist, buddhist, wiccan, christian...whatever). I found myself in TSB. I don't need to worry about what OTHER Satanists would do. I just have to know for myself.

Very good.

Seems like the penny has dropped so to speak.

HAIL SATAN!

Edited by BlueHeeler (01/05/07 04:27 PM)

#212973 - 01/05/07 05:31 PM Re: Sex Questions [Re: buzzoff]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

I don't need to worry about what OTHER Satanists would do. I just have to know for myself.

You got it captain.

Remember that the next time you take The Satanic Bible as an all encompassing dogma, that Satanists must follow to the letter. If you're forcing yourself to act in accordance with said book, then you're hardly the "perfect Satanist," which doesn't exist I will add.

My opinion is that The Satanic Bible merely shines a light on reality, and the Satanist simply recognizes that reality when he sees it. A Satanist shouldn't read The Satanic Bible and say "so that's how I should be acting, well let me get on that," he just says "so this is what it's called, and this is what I am."

If the thought of cheating on your wife really does cause you anguish, then stop trying to find justification within the pages of The Satanic Bible, and simply don't do it.

If, however, you give into the compulsion, suck it up, tell your wife and move on. That's really what it means to be a Satanist. Accepting the good with the bad, learning from the bad and multiplying the good. Whenever possible, don't repeat the bad--simplified but effective.

Compulsion sucks and it's hardly Satanic, but it happens. Anyone that tells you it doesn't, is lying to you. Now you need to figure out what's important to you, and leave the rest for later.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements