Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#214080 - 01/08/07 09:44 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Babydoll]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

I keep a baseball bat for burglars, but I would still have to explain why I had it to the police if I ever used it as a weapon.

Couldn't you just say you keep it for baseball .. but used it in self defence when a burglar came at you???

Well yes, but they may ask where and with whom I play baseball, and what the bat was doing in my bedroom. And also why I don't possess a baseball or a glove, and why I don't know the rules or how to play...

I did buy a bat because it would be easier to explain than if I hacked someone to pieces with my katana, but it would depend on the police officer conducting the interview and whether or not I had used 'reasonable force' (whatever that is).

In Britain, it is pretty much illegal to defend yourself if attacked or burgled, and defending your property is even more frowned upon, so any defence against an assailant or burglar is a very risky think to do.

#214081 - 01/08/07 09:47 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

At 19, when I first moved out alone, my mother gave me a baseball bat. I still sleep with it near my bed.

#214082 - 01/08/07 09:57 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Felstorm]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Excellent choices!

For indoor use I like the Mossberg. Easier to get around corners and through doors.

Disclaimer: Be legal, of course.

THE FIRE FROM WITHIN

Nemo On Satanism: Volume One
Satanic Sources - Print

My 9sense interview on Greater Magic:
http://youtu.be/PCcYWmeSkCI

#214083 - 01/08/07 10:00 PM Re: baseball bats. [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

If you have a fireplace, then you need a poker.

If you have rain, then you need an umbrella.

If you have sun, then you need a parasol.

If you have power blackouts, then you need a good flashlight.

The last three sound unlike weapons?

Exactly!

THE FIRE FROM WITHIN

Satanic Sources - Print

#214084 - 01/08/07 10:13 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: BlueHeeler]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I never understood how people in countries that forcibly disarm them somehow think they are free men.

#214085 - 01/08/07 10:14 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Chaos_Sedated]
Midorisan Offline

Loc: Midwestern USA
What fun!

Firearms --as some have observed-- are tools. No use pounding away on that nail with a screwdriver....

So. Always a matter of choosing the tool to fit the job. Shortened (8" barrel, leftover from that job working security) breakover 12 gauge for flexible fun (birdshot? hollowpoint slug? Flare? HE round?? Even smoke and flachette. Those handy with tools can make anything they want with a cheap home reloading kit. 12 gauge is the workhorse of firearms), 9mm semi-auto pistol for general purpose personal defense (I can hide my little 9 anywhere except body cavities, and drop me anywhere in the world that people barter and I can secure ammo within the hour. Good luck trying to carry a CCW .45 or .357 if you are under 200 pounds, or getting ammo outside North America or places where people have money for status symbols), SKS or AK products for massively destroying matter that offends me...and every accessory imaginable is available for cheap, and it is always nice to have a 30-06 and/or .223 properly zeroed for keeping the bad guys at a respectful distance.

As for knives, a cheap crap-in-the-handle "Rambo knife" hidden in the car and the bike for hacking stuff in case of emergency, a nylon "CIA" knife that won't appear on metal detectors for the briefcase, a P-38 for the keychain and something that feels easy to hold for those times when you feel the need to carry an extra. And almost everyone can find a place to hide a razor blade that could save their life.

Best weapon of all? An appropriate attitude and some martial arts/military training. Such never jams, or is out of ammo, left at home, gets confiscated or can't be reached.

#214086 - 01/08/07 10:32 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

I never understood how people in countries that forcibly disarm them somehow think they are free men.

It seems to me that with the increase in criminal house invasions that follows it is incredibly expensive!

THE FIRE FROM WITHIN

Satanic Sources - Print

#214087 - 01/08/07 10:47 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
Quote:

Shortened (8" barrel, leftover from that job working security)

Was that a typo? Any barrel under 18" is illegal unless approved by the BATF.

Quote:

Good luck trying to carry a CCW .45 or .357 if you are under 200 pounds,

I can do it, with the proper attire, quite comfortably. I usually weigh anywhere from 130 to 145 lbs. With a shoulder holster, women usually have an advantage over men in this department due to differences in anatomy.

Quote:

SKS or AK products for massively destroying matter that offends me...and every accessory imaginable is available for cheap, and it is always nice to have a 30-06 and/or .223 properly zeroed for keeping the bad guys at a respectful distance.

Just remember it's probably going to be hard to convincingly say your life was in immediate danger if you shoot the bad guy from more than twenty feet or so.

#214088 - 01/08/07 11:18 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Check out the M19 .357 2 1/2 inch barrel S&W. It is such a beautiful revolver. I want one and I only weigh in at 165lbs.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#214089 - 01/08/07 11:31 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

Good luck trying to carry a CCW .45 or .357 if you are under 200 pounds, or getting ammo outside North America or places where people have money for status symbols)

1. Ammo acquisition is a moot point. Good luck trying to bring you gun outside the USA.
2. At least in the state and county I live in, the Sheriff who OK's the CCW won't issue for a .22. The guy I spoke to recommends a compact .45, .40 or 9mm and will even approve a .32 as your backup.

Oh, weight has NOTHING to do with the gun size one can/should use.

Quote:

Best weapon of all? An appropriate attitude and some martial arts/military training.

I was wondering when this thread would degrade into hollow posturing.

#214090 - 01/09/07 12:41 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

Best weapon of all? An appropriate attitude and some martial arts/military training.

Fair enough. How about you and I arrange a duel? The stipulations are thus: We start out 15 yards apart, you armed with your martial arts and military training and I armed with a .45. May the best man win.

#214091 - 01/09/07 01:37 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Chaos_Sedated]
TheAbysmal Offline

Cold steel weaponry aside, nothing quite leaves a lasting impression on a would-be trespasser as do the bared teeth and paralysing growl of a loyal Pit Bull. Sadly, it is illegal to own them in some locations, but if you can have them, well...

Let Me just say that I would rather be staring down the business end of any handgun than an enraged Pit Bull.

A Bull Terrier or a Bull Mastiff would be a nice choice, too.

Hail Satan!

Refuse to die.

#214092 - 01/09/07 05:16 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: tovasshi]
Willow_NightEyes Offline

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I forgot about the switch-blade knives but I could have swore blade lengths were limited to 6". Thanks for the info... I'll be sure to look it up again.
Darkest Dreams, - Willow NightEyes --------------------------------------- ~I don't talk with close-minded people; they tend to harbour brain fungus~ ---------------------------------------- Profesor: Nothing's impossible if you believe it; that's what being a scientist is all about! Kid: Nooo, that's what being a magical elf's all about.

#214093 - 01/09/07 05:22 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Chaos_Sedated]
Rattlesnake Offline

Loc: Yurop
It's illegal to own guns where I live. But I would love to own an RPD machinegun and a Type 69 grenade launcher.

#214094 - 01/09/07 06:52 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: London]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Was that a typo? Any barrel under 18" is illegal unless approved by the BATF.

18 1/4 inch I think.
Alcohol, tobacco and firearms? Who's bringing the chips?

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43649 Topics
404214 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements