Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#214125 - 01/10/07 05:50 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Rory_Rocketpants Offline
CoS Member

Loc: unknown
I'm guessing that is Tony Martin...

The incident actually happened in the village where I live...

He is the Godfather of one of my old school friends.

Bloody pikeys.

#214126 - 01/10/07 07:04 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Doctor_Beat]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
Quote:

I have a 10 year plan to leave and live in the USA.

Good. We could use a fellow like you. Of course, things might not be any better than the UK by the time you get here...

#214127 - 01/10/07 11:26 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: London]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

Quote:

I have a 10 year plan to leave and live in the USA.

Good. We could use a fellow like you. Of course, things might not be any better than the UK by the time you get here...

I can't see it getting that bad that quick, but I take your point. It only needs another Clinton to come along and mess with the 2nd amendment.
At least politics seem a little more sensible in the US though, for instance the assault weapons ban. Although the ban was stupid, at least it was allowed to 'sunset' when it became obvious that it had no effect.
The ban on handguns in the UK will never be reversed, even though handgun crime rose sharply after it was brought into effect.
They even outlawed .22 target pistols, making no provisions for sportsmen and women. This contravenes the Olympic Charter, which states:

Section 4: 'The practice of sport is a human right. Every individual must have the possibilty of practising sport, without discrimination of any kind and in the Olympic spirit, which requires mutual understanding with a spirit of friendship, solidarity and fair play. The organisation, administration and management of sport must be controlled by independent sports organisations.'

Section 5: 'Any form of discrimination with regard to a country or a person on grounds of race, religion, politics, gender or otherwise is incompatible with belonging to the Olympic Movement.

Section 6: 'Belonging to the Olympic Movement requires compliance with the Olympic Charter and recognition by the IOC.

Despite this, we have not been kicked out of the Olympics and are hosting them in London in 2012.
The sport of pistol shooting is illegal in this country and carries a mandatory 5 year sentence, so British atheletes have to travel to the channel islands to practice.

I can't see the USA getting that stupid within my lifetime....

#214128 - 01/11/07 02:19 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Doctor_Beat]
BlueHeeler Offline

Loc: Sydney, Australia
Quote:

Despite this, we have not been kicked out of the Olympics and are hosting them in London in 2012.
The sport of pistol shooting is illegal in this country and carries a mandatory 5 year sentence, so British atheletes have to travel to the channel islands to practice.

Now that is ridiculous. Pistol shooting is a legitimate sport.

All this talk of firearms has got me itching to get down to the range. Will be offloading a few hundred rounds next Monday

#214129 - 01/12/07 10:14 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Mr_47]
Midorisan Offline

Loc: Midwestern USA
I propose a different and more realistic scenario. I quietly hide in your kitchen at night, after you have gone to bed. You let your firearm stay where it usually is located, I'll keep my martial arts training where it is usually located. You get up at 4am for a drink of water.

We commence with our duel. (grin)

I'd even consider moving the location to a dark corner of the parking garage near the elevator where you will emerge on your way home from a late night downtown.

May the best man --sans expensive tool-- win.

#214130 - 01/12/07 10:28 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: RandomStranger]
Midorisan Offline

Loc: Midwestern USA
Local rules for carrying firearms vary, for certain.

My comments re: size of person versus size of firearm have to do with the first "C" aspect of CCW. You can carry around whatever you can lift. I carried an M-16 with an M203 grenade launcher back when I was cannon fodder...but it was not quite "concealed."

I'm 165 pounds and I can tell you I have no overhangs, folds, or crevasses large enough to carry a .45 that is "concealed" unless I'm wearing a parka.

Otherwise, I agree with you. Pack the most stopping power you can. Otherwise don't bother.

As for hollow posturing...I'm of the opinion that most armchair opinion vomiting --of which I'm as guilty here as you are-- on big macho guns is exactly that" hollow posturing."

Unless you live the life of Scarface, wandering about with weapons hanging from your limbs and more draped over the furniture, I stick by my comment: in a real live altercation I'd rather have five years of martial arts training and thrice-weekly workouts on my side than that fancy pistola you bought and left in your basement when reality gets interesting in Buddy's Turdhole Tavern.

#214131 - 01/12/07 11:05 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

The House and Congress are now controlled by Democrats.

They'll be putting gun "control" on the front burner at some point in the near future.

Now's the time to buy those "assault" weapons and large capacity magazines before they re-ban them. I've already bought 5 16 round clips for my Beretta, and have an HK .308 NATO rifle on order with 2 30 round magazines. Black plastic to piss off the gun-haters and I even got a bayonet lug for free.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#214132 - 01/12/07 11:06 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
Felstorm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Minnesota.
Quote:

I quietly hide in your kitchen at night, after you have gone to bed.

And get your ass kicked with a frying pan. No no no.

Always hide in the bathroom and catch them with their pants down.

You'd make a horrible villian in a no-budget thriller.

"“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.” ~ Nikola Tesla

Are You One of Us?

The Glorious Infernal Empire

#214133 - 01/12/07 11:13 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Chaos_Sedated]
YANKEE_ROSE Offline

Loc: Middle of no where, Georiga
Well, you said you live in New York, so ya getting a LEGAL pistol up there can be a bit of a pain in the ass. For something like keeping your place under wraps I'd recomend a good ol' fashion 12 gauge. Can't go wrong with one of those

#214134 - 01/13/07 12:01 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Felstorm]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
Quote:

The House and Congress are now controlled by Democrats.

They'll be putting gun "control" on the front burner at some point in the near future.

Exactly. Pretty soon I'll be the only kid on my block with an AK. Members of this board who are not familiar with firearms politics will do well by heading this message: The time to buy a firearm is now.

#214135 - 01/13/07 12:30 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Chaos_Sedated]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

My mind.

#214136 - 01/13/07 02:01 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
ParaBellum Offline

Loc: Plausibly deniable
Quote:

Unless you live the life of Scarface, wandering about with weapons hanging from your limbs and more draped over the furniture, I stick by my comment: in a real live altercation I'd rather have five years of martial arts training and thrice-weekly workouts on my side than that fancy pistola you bought and left in your basement when reality gets interesting in Buddy's Turdhole Tavern.

The best thing is to not get locked into an "either/or" mentality here. Work out regularly, take whatever martial arts/combatives classes you favor, AND pack that concealed .357, or .45, or whatever you can best conceal. Have an additional concealed blade for emergency or utility use and you have the start of something good...just remember to train your knife and gun the way you train your empty hand. Just having a gun is not a magical talisman. Responsibility to the responsible!

#214137 - 01/13/07 09:47 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I weigh 160 pounds and carry a .40 and it is very concealed.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#214138 - 01/13/07 10:02 PM Concealment issues. [Re: Midorisan]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
There are plenty of "non traditional" ways to carry.

Look beyond a jackass harness, in-the-waistband systems and fanny pack hide-aways.

It is just as easy for a 5'1" woman to conceal an M1911 or clone as it is for someone of my stature.

Creativity, not size is the key here.

#214139 - 01/13/07 10:37 PM Re: Concealment issues. [Re: RandomStranger]
Doctor_Beat Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

There are plenty of "non traditional" ways to carry.

Look beyond a jackass harness, in-the-waistband systems and fanny pack hide-aways.

It is just as easy for a 5'1" woman to conceal an M1911 or clone as it is for someone of my stature.

Creativity, not size is the key here.

Yes, the 1911 is very slim despite the large calibre.
As an aside, the word 'fanny' means a ladies genitals in the UK. We call an ass a 'bum', which I believe means a homeless person in the US. We call a homeless person a 'tramp', which means....
Potato, Potato.....

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404161 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements