Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#214140 - 01/13/07 10:57 PM Re: Concealment issues. [Re: Doctor_Beat]
Mr Sam Offline

Loc: Somewhere in the UK.
Yeah, concealing a gun in a fanny pack would probably be considered creative over here.

#214141 - 01/13/07 11:00 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Midorisan]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
It's not just a matter of one or the other, it's a matter of being able to use both.

The surroundings I live in make it highly unlikely for someone to succeed in the scenarios you've presented, whereas the scenario of taking someone out at 15 yards with a .45 is likely in pretty much any situation.

I wouldn't want to depend entirely on my ability to use a gun alone or my ability to use hand to hand combat alone. If I were in a situation where I seriously had to defend my life, I would pride myself in my ability to do both.

#214142 - 01/14/07 09:04 AM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Chaos_Sedated]
G.F.V. Offline
CoS Member

Loc: NYC
I have never owned a gun because I never got registered yet. However, I have wanted to own guns since I was 8 years old. I've always wanted a Double Barrel Shotgun for target practice, a German Rifle used by the Nazis in WWII to hang on my wall, and a Revolver to carry with me.

It's too bad the gun laws are terrible in the Northeast, where stupidity reigns and liberals are in charge.

#214143 - 01/14/07 08:58 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Chaos_Sedated]
Daigon Offline

Loc: United States
As far as hand guns go, if its a small home your defending...go with something more compact so that when you turn a corner the intruder does not see the barrel of the gun right away. If it is a large home then go with something with a little more beef on it. A larger home will provide the perfect terrain for what some people consider "excessive fire power". Or just go to your local gun store and fine something that is comfortable to use, easy to operate and easy to maintain if the weapon will not be used on a regular basis.

#214144 - 01/14/07 09:09 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Daigon]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
..... or learn how to take corners and do a proper house clearing.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#214145 - 01/14/07 09:10 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Svengali]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I think this thread is on its last breath.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#214146 - 01/14/07 09:47 PM Re: Concealment issues. [Re: Doctor_Beat]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Quote:

Quote:

There are plenty of "non traditional" ways to carry.

Look beyond a jackass harness, in-the-waistband systems and fanny pack hide-aways.

It is just as easy for a 5'1" woman to conceal an M1911 or clone as it is for someone of my stature.

Creativity, not size is the key here.

Yes, the 1911 is very slim despite the large calibre.
As an aside, the word 'fanny' means a ladies genitals in the UK. We call an ass a 'bum', which I believe means a homeless person in the US. We call a homeless person a 'tramp', which means....
Potato, Potato.....

This isn't news to me. A "jackass" is also and idiot. You could have mentioned that one too.

If you are confused by what I was referring to, HERE is a link. I suppose I should not expect any more in a public forum.

#214147 - 01/14/07 10:02 PM Re: Weapons of Choice [Re: Svengali]
ParaBellum Offline

Loc: Plausibly deniable
Quote:

..... or learn how to take corners and do a proper house clearing.

Funny you mention that Magister, we were doing that last weekend, teaching a gaggle of grabass privates. Fuck it, it was still fun.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum Stats
12221 Members
73 Forums
44002 Topics
406144 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements