Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#215702 - 01/15/07 06:28 PM Love is dead, long live lust!
Mythil Offline

Loc: UK, Portsmouth
As we progress away from the image of the nuclear family, and as more and more celebrity sex enters the media. More and more teenage and in same cases preteen girls become pregnant..
Have we come to the point where non of us love each other any more? Is love dead, and has is been taken over by animal lust?
Of course, before anyone points out my comment, I don't support sleeping with anyone that is under the age of consent. In fact, I don't even like sex, really.. I mean, there are one or two people I might actually enjoy sleeping with, but it's not THAT important to me anymore.

As time moves on, we all seem to know people that have been cheated on, or we have been cheated on ourselves. People that have been married and divorced a few times. Are we now at the point where "love" or "commitment" to each other doesn't exist any more? And is it the medias fault, or are the majority of us really that stupid when it comes to sex? Ohh, I'm perfectly fine with people sleeping with a few people at the same time if that is your wish, if you are in an open relationship or want to remain single while you have sex with different people, that's fine with me (as if you needed my consent anyway). My point is toward the people that say they want commitment, but sleep around anyway, or the people that sleep around without contraception and get pregnant, draining more and more money with all their spawn that they pop out from between their legs in a yearly bases. As an example, and this is no joke. There is a couple in the UK that have, it was either 12 or 16 children, I can't remember now, who get something like 64 thousand pounds of the government just for having these spawn, and both of them don't work, they do not put anything back into the country that are paying for their little bastards.

And really, who is sick enough to sleep with a 12 year old girl. There was an incident, again in the UK, where three sisters, ages 12, 14 and 16 that all got pregnant and their mother was PROUD of them!.

Why do WE pay for people to pop children out of their diseased womb?
To be honest, I think the government should give aid to ONE child of a couple. Every child after that, the parents must pay for themselves, 100%.. AND, you shouldn't be allow to have a child if you are on welfare OR couldn't give a shit about the poor bastard you have just brought into the world, which inevitably adds to the rising crime in the country because you have not taught your child that crime and so forth is wrong.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I hope I get my point across.

#215703 - 01/15/07 07:16 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Maya Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New England
Quote:

Have we come to the point where non of us love each other any more? Is love dead, and has is been taken over by animal lust?

Where did you get the idea that love and lust are mutually exclusive?

I believe that this explosion of pregnancies in youngsters is due more to a lack of resposibility and discrimination, not lust.

#215704 - 01/15/07 07:26 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Maya]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Quote:

I believe that this explosion of pregnancies in youngsters is due more to a lack of resposibility and discrimination, not lust.

Don't forget stupidity. The phrase "Young and stupid" comes to mind.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#215705 - 01/15/07 07:31 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Hydra_M_Star Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte, NC
None of ths social issue you brought up are anything new. These sorts of thing have been going on every since we swung down from the trees. We are just more comfortable talking about them now more then we ever have been.

So, I really fail to see how any of it has killed love. I also don't see how any social change--regardless of how negative--could kill love. Love is as natural an emotion as hate and lust.

If someone tells me they don't love I look at them with the same scorn I do those that say they don't hate or lust.

And like Maya I would very much like to hear how you got the idea that love and lust can not co-exist.

#215706 - 01/15/07 07:39 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Lust Offline

Stupid people will always do stupid things.
Let the water seek its own level.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#215707 - 01/15/07 09:57 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
As long as there are people worth loving and committing to, there will be love and commitment.

I concur with the others here that teenagers are mostly dumb, hormonal, and impulsive, as is the media. It has more to do with not being willing and able to plan ahead or delay gratification, than it has to do with just being horny.

I agree that it's sick when 12-year-olds get pregnant. That's wrong on numerous levels.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#215708 - 01/15/07 10:05 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Magnus Offline

Loc: South America
I thought you were going to write about love and lust, not birth-control policies
Anyway I dont think love is dead, neither do I think that people who cheat dont love.
People who marry but cant get their pants on are just being natural, and we all judge them only for society-imposed standards.
And what about these stupid-stupid people who get pregnant once every year? Well in the 90s a right-wing dictator ruled my country and started the sterilization of poor rural immigrants so that they would stop spreading like a fucking disease.
I salute that action and spit on the face of humanitarian organizations who dont know shit about having hordes of young criminals screwing your countrys progress, if there was ever any.

#215709 - 01/15/07 11:31 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Lust]
Bloodfire Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Honolulu, HI
Quote:

Stupid people will always do stupid things.
Let the water seek its own level.

It's no coincidence that stupid people breed more offspring than the more intelligent and responsible. What little smarts the stupid may have once had has been spread so thin through indiscriminate and frequent breeding as to no longer exist in any visible form.

That's egalitarianism for you. All for all and none for one.

I personally prefer the idea of eugenics/selective breeding.

Bloodfire9.com | Bloodfire! Store - Satanic-themed Merchandise
TheQuintessentials.com - Satanic Horror Punk Rock
Other places to find The Quintessentials:
MySpace | Facebook | Twitter | Undercroft | YouTube | ReverbNation

#215711 - 01/16/07 12:21 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Have we come to the point where non of us love each other any more? Is love dead, and has is been taken over by animal lust

Yes "love" is dead and has been taken over by animal lust. And I like it just fine, I wouldnt have it any other way.

Love

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#215712 - 01/16/07 04:24 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Hydra_M_Star]
Mythil Offline

Love is not dead dead, just rare. And I'm not saying your can't love and lust at the same time, what annoys the hell out of me, is when someone has given a heart felt vow, and goes and breaks it because someone has a nice arse.

#215713 - 01/16/07 06:03 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Bogey_Man Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Lost.
This is nothing new. It's always been this way.

#215714 - 01/16/07 06:29 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Phineas]
Mythil Offline

Humm, perhaps I should have separated my points on love vrs lust and underage pregnancies?

#215715 - 01/16/07 07:54 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Khaos Offline

Loc: Canada
Actully you may have a point. Like its already been said, teenagers are high on hormons. So ofcourse a young couple of 17 are most likly going to screw around because they're just horny. Its more like puppy love then the more deep serious one. Honestly, how many of you had a boyfriend/girlfriend last long when a teenager? Yes some casses you end up with you mate for a life time but most cases its just ends as quick/dramatic as it begon. Its Puppy love.

For the money they recive for being pregnant. Its dumbass people helping out its own kind. They don't know the meaning of 'safe sex' yet. They should do like the cigerette packages, put warning on the condome packages. Warning most be one BEFORE NOT AFTER.

#215716 - 01/16/07 08:31 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
This may be a little off topic but your post reminded me of an interview I read with Madonna. The question was what was she going to teach her daughter about boys. Madonna answered, I won't have to teach her anything about boys if I teach her to respect herself. May be oversimplified but it sounded like the right idea.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#215717 - 01/16/07 09:10 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Torquemada Offline

Loc: Spain&UK
Love is dead, long live lust

I see nothing wrong with this statement. However, I am not so radical in this. I think love is not dead. It is just on holydays, lol. I hope it will not come back. It might have an accident. Maybe Herod could be back and start killing the stupid teenagers. Oh, Jason Voorheas, what are you doing when we all need you? KILL THE STUPID TEENAGERS, please. SLAUGHTER THEM ALL. WELL, now I feel better, so, back to normal.

Dear All:

I am a supporter of the L&F theory: Lust and Friendship. This is very good, at least for me. I still have many friends who have been my ex lovers. They all followed the L&F theory. We still keep in touch. With the few women I loved or they loved me, I have no relationship at all. It is dead. Therefore, get the hell out of there when they come with the bloody love. Leave it for them. It is not for me.

The most similar thing to love I know is just sex and friendship in a civilised context. I do not deny emotion, drama, a bit of theatre, acting, and even a few natural emotions per day. But I do not want love in the fucking traditional sense. No way.

The thing is that I do not consider love when someone feels butterflies in the stomach. Anyway, I do not feel that many years ago, and I am very happy with it. Sex and Friendship is the recipe. That also can lead to a partnership. But it has to be based on something rational with solid foundations. Otherwise, it will be in vain.

Best,

Torquemada

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43980 Topics
406037 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements