Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#215749 - 01/16/07 10:46 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Jean_Luc_Picard Offline

it may be the shitty parenting but i am not going to go pointing fingers. i was raised just fine; my parents are fucking awesome and i just simply do not want a g/f or relationship at all. i figure it will save me from unneeded stress

#215750 - 01/16/07 11:36 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Lust is dead!!! No wait . . . print is dead!!! No . . . Ah hell, I don't know.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#215765 - 01/17/07 08:50 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Here's how I see it.

There's no wrong or right answer to this.

Some people haven't felt the emotion of love, some people won't ever experience it. To them, love is dead, and might never have existed in the first place.

Then, there are some who experience this emotion, accept it and enhance it.

However, love and lust are not mutually exclusive terms.

In fact, when I 'fell in love', not only did the sun set with her, it rose with her as well, and love intensified my lust a hundred fold.

It wasn't something I planned for and it damn sure wasn't something I could stop, even if I had wanted to.
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#215766 - 01/17/07 09:35 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I always wonder about these proclamations, as though the author actually made a real declaration of something happening.

Also, your post title was irrelevant to the content, which was rambling and disjointed. I think you're irritated that humans reproduce so prolifically, and have a sense of youthful surprise at this and believe it to be some new trend you're observing. How do you suppose we came to swarm across the entire surface of the globe, anyway? What that has to do with love/lust is beyond me. However, I think love is just grand, and makes a good mate for lust.

#215767 - 01/17/07 09:51 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Callier Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

And really, who is sick enough to sleep with a 12 year old girl.

This guy perhaps.

HS!

#215768 - 01/17/07 10:33 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
The question is why do you give a rats ass about any of it, why is it so important to you? Furthermore what makes you believe that any of what you are pointing out here is new?

Maybe just face the fact that none of what you are pointing out is new. These things have been going on since the dawn of man. Face it and face the fact that there are as many definitions for love as there are people on this planet.

So of course love is alive, surely you can figure that out yourself. And really that is what matters.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#215769 - 01/17/07 10:42 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
If it wasn't for love, there would be no broken hearts.

If there were no broken hearts, there'd be no Emo kiddies running around feeling so misunderstood.

The malls, schools and (what's left of) record stores are loaded with said Emo kids.

Love, 1. Your broad-sweeping generalizations, 0.

#215772 - 01/19/07 11:15 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mythil]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
No, romance isn't dead. It is actually quite natural.

So natural that it is, in fact, in nature all around us. It's in the stream gushing from an orifice between the thighs of a mountain. It's in the raindrop dripping into the face of a flower. It's in the mating dance of birds.

As far as human relationships go, it is somewhat more complicated due to our emotional development and individual psychologies.

Someone in this thread said that falling hopelessly in love is like being physically assaulted. That is so true.

In The Art Of Seduction Robert Greene expands on this a little further saying:

"We grow emotional, lose the ability to think straight, act in foolish ways that we would never do otherwise."

The truth is that stupidity, mistakes and even becoming a little pathetic are sure signs that we have fallen under a spell (from a Satanic perspective I think this is hugely interesting).

Beyond lust or infatuation, it is a deeper love that allows us to overcome these early obstacles and settle into a deeper relationship. Without the ability and maturity to see this wider perspective people will drop like a dead donkey at the first hurdle and the relationship could be cut short.

We all have experiences and psychological quirks. We all have deep rooted emotional scars. And none of us can change who or what we are. Many of our past experiences were beyond our control. We can't change it - but it is love that allows us to "forgive" the quirks of a loved one by working with or around a problem.

Of course those given to petulence or fickleness may struggle with dealing with the quirks of others. And in that case....

well, if you were in love with such a person you'd have try and find a way of working with their individual psychology.

So, for the success of relationships (and thus the survival of the species if we want to be scientific) "love" is quite natural to the human.

It isn't altruistic or anti Satanic to become self sacrificing for someone we love. As I said in a recent weblog on my site - giving away one's energy in matters of love should not be seen as a cost but an investment.

I do think some Satanists over compensate and in doing so become a monster of insensitivity. It's fine when applied to those we do not care about, but in matters of love would be cutting off our own nose to spite our face.

Just a few thoughts.

Sorry, I actually went off on a bit of a rant. Hope it still makes sense.

#215773 - 01/19/07 03:24 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Chess Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
Quote:

So natural that it is, in fact, in nature all around us. It's in the stream gushing from an orifice between the thighs of a mountain. It's in the raindrop dripping into the face of a flower. It's in the mating dance of birds.

That turn of phrase reminded me of Earth Erotica. (If you've never seen this, it's worth a look -- it's rocks and landforms sculpted by nature into forms our dirty little minds will appreciate.)

-Chess

#215774 - 01/19/07 06:07 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Mr. Ray, that was beautiful. Thank you for sharing it.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#215775 - 01/19/07 08:01 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Chess]
dragondancer Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Virginia
Wow! I really enjoyed those pictures on that link you posted. How very awesome. I have seen things like that in nature, but not being a photographer would never have been able to catch it quite like she did! Thanks for the link.

Hail Satan!
"It does take an exceptional mind and a still more exceptional integrity to remain untouched by the brain-destroying influences of the world's doctrines, the accumulated evil of the centuries-to remain human, since the human is the rational." Dr. Akston in Atlas Shrugged

"Not life, but good life, is to be chiefly valued." Socrates

Dragondancer
Temple of Vampire

#215776 - 01/19/07 11:27 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

It isn't altruistic or anti Satanic to become self sacrificing for someone we love. As I said in a recent weblog on my site - giving away one's energy in matters of love should not be seen as a cost but an investment.

I do think some Satanists over compensate and in doing so become a monster of insensitivity. It's fine when applied to those we do not care about, but in matters of love would be cutting off our own nose to spite our face.

Deciding to love someone is even a more important decision than deciding to align yourself with someone. Extreme care must be taken. You're post is quite interesting and elegant to read, but it seems that a warning was missing....

#215777 - 01/19/07 11:38 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Zaftig]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Your edit was expected. Thanks for proving me right!

#215778 - 01/20/07 02:08 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: luciferHammer]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> Deciding to love someone is even a more important decision than deciding to align yourself with someone. Extreme care must be taken. You're post is quite interesting and elegant to read, but it seems that a warning was missing....<<

Sexual attraction and falling in love is not a conscious decision. It occurs on an emotional and deeper psychological level.

That is why it is referred to as "falling" in love. It is literally a loss of control.

The fact is that confusion, pain and irrationality are intrinsic elements of falling in love. The trick is to realise this and actually enjoy the polemics as the pendulum swings between suffering and satisfaction.

The initial stages of love cause a surge of uncontrollable emotions that are difficult to deal with as we try and hold on to our rationality - this can push us into odd behaviour.

The stronger the emotions involved the more severe is the cliff edge we fall over.

Part of the pleasure is yielding to this loss of control; understanding that it is part of the crystalisation process. And we simply must have the ability to understand
that our lover is also struggling against the boundries of his own psychology in the midst of these volatile emotions flooding their system.

George Bataille, author of one of the 20th Century's greatest erotic novels Story Of The Eye, described it thusly in his writings:

"We ought never to forget that in spite of the bliss love promises its first effect is one of turmoil and distress. Passion fulfilled provokes such violent agitation that the happiness involved is so great as to be like its opposite, suffering. The likeliehood of suffering is all the greater for it reveals the total significance of the beloved."

These emotions settle down somewhat as we form deeper trust and devotion. But these early stages are dangerous in the sheer beauty of the feelings we experience.

Its a shame that some people simply cannot overcome the hurdle since this volatile and passionate process in relationships is absolutely necessary and these are the very ones that often develop into something of extreme erotic depth and love.

The more cold hearted and callous a person is, the less they will understand human love and the polemics of it - much less the ability to yield to and enjoy it. They begin to lose perspective and experience only pain and strife, letting it eclipse everything else and stifle the pleasure involved.

Or perhaps this is just me.

#215779 - 01/20/07 12:54 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

The poet waxes romantic.

Lovely words Warlock.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12019 Members
73 Forums
43828 Topics
405225 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements