Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#215780 - 01/20/07 04:35 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: luciferHammer]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Well let me clarify a little without the use of flippant sexual references (as useful and amusing as they are).

While love has indeed made me jealous, stupid and mean, it has also made generous, thoughtful, funny, loyal, and open to a level of intimacy that I, quite frankly, thought myself incapable of.

As I increase in age and experience the challenges of loving someone become easier to handle. While my ability to respond eloquently to goading lovers was quite poor in my early relationships ("What?! I'm fucking argumentative?!?! I am not!") I feel so much less threatened by the small things in my recent ones ("I'm argumentative? *shrug* Not baited, baby. How do you want your eggs?").

Despite the turmoil, angst, pain, frustration, arguments, confusion and misery, I would not change it. I have grown much as a person because I loved someone, and relationships act as a catalyst to understanding things about myself that I would never have realized (who knew that submission, in all forms, would be so fucking wonderful? I sure as hell didn't).

Alright. That's enough from me.

Hail Romance! Hail Love!

#215781 - 01/21/07 09:18 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Zaftig]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

That's make sense.

Thanks for your reply.

#215782 - 01/21/07 09:56 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
luciferHammer Offline
Banned

Quote:

Sexual attraction and falling in love is not a conscious decision. It occurs on an emotional and deeper psychological level.

I agree, but you still can decide to let these emotions take control or fight them back. Passion usually doesn't make someone lose his head 24 hours a day. I'm sure that some cannot handle the power of passion, and some use it to as a powerful source of energy. Maybe you are one of those you can handle it....

#215783 - 01/22/07 01:32 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: luciferHammer]
redheadgrl Offline

Anyone in love is vulnerable.

#215784 - 01/22/07 03:01 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: luciferHammer]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I agree, but you still can decide to let these emotions take control or fight them back. Passion usually doesn't make someone lose his head 24 hours a day. I'm sure that some cannot handle the power of passion, and some use it to as a powerful source of energy. Maybe you are one of those you can handle it....<<

No, I'm not.

It is true that our whole life doesn't often fall apart but in my case, once smitten I can lose my head. I can lose a sense of perspective as I surrender myself to this surge of emotional confusion. I don't often fall in love and I can see the same woman for a lengthy amount of time and feel no deeper attraction or meaning. And then occasionally (Only a couple of times in my life, actually) a girl can appear in my life and take my heart and soul in an instant. It's a complete shock to my system. Just like being hit by a train. Everything surfaces within me all at once and I am rendered a mess.

I recover my footing pretty quickly but not before a period of muddle and misunderstanding.

I make a passionate and loving partner, but unfortunately the sheer depth of my feelings can lead to me temporarily losing my usual rationality.

It is in fact a beautiful agony. But not always.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#215785 - 01/22/07 09:08 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Zak Offline

Loc: New Jersey, United States
I appreciate your words. They explain what I have thought better than I have been able to. My girlfriend, while not a Satanist, understands Satanism and thought that Satanic beliefs and my love for her were contradictory, and I tried to explain to her that that was not so. She understood, but I believe that you have said it best.

#215786 - 01/22/07 10:32 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

>> I agree, but you still can decide to let these emotions take control or fight them back. Passion usually doesn't make someone lose his head 24 hours a day. I'm sure that some cannot handle the power of passion, and some use it to as a powerful source of energy. Maybe you are one of those you can handle it....<<

No, I'm not.

It is true that our whole life doesn't often fall apart but in my case, once smitten I can lose my head. I can lose a sense of perspective as I surrender myself to this surge of emotional confusion. I don't often fall in love and I can see the same woman for a lengthy amount of time and feel no deeper attraction or meaning. And then occasionally (Only a couple of times in my life, actually) a girl can appear in my life and take my heart and soul in an instant. It's a complete shock to my system. Just like being hit by a train. Everything surfaces within me all at once and I am rendered a mess.

I recover my footing pretty quickly but not before a period of muddle and misunderstanding.

I make a passionate and loving partner, but unfortunately the sheer depth of my feelings can lead to me temporarily losing my usual rationality.

I can relate.

It is easy for Me to lose My head once smitten 'bitten' by the bug (this could also pertain to the feeling of falling in love with a new friend) Not sexually related but just that giddy feeling of finding someone in this world that you can relate to, benefit from and likewise them benefit from you.

All though I realise that I am acting silly, I cannot seem to help Myself right away.

It takes Me a little while to settle down and put things into true perspective and pull Myself together.

I always do so in the end.

The feeling of falling in love is one of My most favourite feelings of all, on the same token it is also one of the most painful feelings of all.

I also have a fear that I am putting more into something/someone than I can ever hope to receive in return which in the end, makes Me feel quite foolish as I KNEW and still lost My head.

One of My most favourite quotes is from Henry Rollins where he says:

I don't trust people. I know them too well. (That also goes for Me). I know Me too well.

Love is a many spledored thing, but it is also sharp and pointy.

A two edged sword if you will.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#215787 - 01/22/07 10:41 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

No, I'm not.

Hence we have a Poet and some mighty fine poetry.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#215788 - 01/22/07 10:56 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Evil_Eve]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

>> The feeling of falling in love is one of My most favourite feelings of all, on the same token it is also one of the most painful feelings of all. <<

Indeed, Miss Eve.

That feeling of being completely and utterly possessed by a woman is quite beautiful. A woman who can make me desire her so feverishly is of great value to me. Along with the sheer pain and yearning comes the realisation that she has power over me. In a world where I am usually rational and responsible it is an exquisite pleasure to surrender oneself in abandon. The loss of control is a pleasure.

I actually feel that the most dispassionate of people think too much. They turn over details and fears in their minds, turn them over and over until it vanquishes the passion. It may well be down to how insecure we are in offering ourselves to someone so completely. They are unable to surrender themselves to passionate love without flapping and worrying - inadvertently initiating a negative domino effect that eventually eats away at any affection.

I love the sexual power the consummate seductress has over me.

Lessons of the past are ineffective. Arthur Miller never recovered from his relationship with Marilyn Monroe and he was rendered unable to write for years afterwards. Such women completely seduce the masculine type.

Just like Mark Anthony, we all have our Cleopatra. Our fantasy woman made flesh. When one of these rare creatures appears in my life they can render me their abject slave.

Such woman can ruin a man. It's been done so many times throughout history - the more powerful or driven or purposeful in his endeavours the man is the greater it seems is his vulnerability.

Yet still men such as myself cannot resist.

Anyway, I am done with this subject now. I have given FAR too much of my thoughts away in this matter.

I have ranted away with all loss of control. Jesus.

For anyone getting any funny ideas just remember I am still The Great U.V. Not soft at all.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#215789 - 01/22/07 02:45 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
You, soft? No!

#215790 - 01/22/07 02:53 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
The_Lightning Offline

Loc: Israel
You hit the nail on its head so many times- it must've reached China by now.

I enjoyed these posts immensely.
Thank you.

#215793 - 01/22/07 03:04 PM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mythil Offline

Loc: UK, Portsmouth
No no, made perfect sense to me. My point really was in the people who say they want one thing, and do the other. I believe honesty is always best, and at least be honest with yourself when it comes to love. I don't really believe "love" is dead, as I love, well, more things than people. Sunsets, coffee on a cool day, the mountains of my home town in Wales.

As to my previous apology, I really think I should spend far more time in actually turning my posts into more of a question or point than a semi rant.

#215795 - 01/23/07 01:37 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Mr_47]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

You, soft? No!

Dead right!

And let no one forget it.

I have no love to give. There is no love in my heart. I am a bad man.

That's why I am known as El Terrible Bickley.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#215796 - 01/23/07 01:42 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Quote:

You, soft? No!

Dead right!

And let no one forget it.

I have no love to give. There is no love in my heart. I am a bad man.

That's why I am known as El Terrible Bickley.

Uh huh.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#215797 - 01/29/07 10:06 AM Re: Love is dead, long live lust! [Re: The_Lightning]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Quote:

You hit the nail on its head so many times- it must've reached China by now.

I enjoyed these posts immensely.
Thank you.

Indeed, I have.

And I make myself look so wise and fantastic.

But then in reality Ole' UV fucks it all up. A terrible, terrible man. Apparently.

Bah!

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12202 Members
73 Forums
43990 Topics
406088 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements