Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#215930 - 01/16/07 05:40 PM A Degree of Sacred Literature.
Nahash Prince Offline

Loc: Currently at large
I am about two years away from obtaining a degree of Sacred Literature. So far, I have seen nothing sacred about the different religions of this world. The Gods and gods are made ups of mere human beings in retrospect of human behavior. When I say this to a professor, he/she gets offended. They can not see that these Gods and gods are describing human beings. The deities love, hate etc. They are no different than mankind with a twist of fantasy. These fantasies suggested supernatural abilities which is nothing more than nature itself. However, I will complete the degree and use it to my advantage. Sometimes things that appears to be useless can be quite helpful. What do you think?

#215931 - 01/16/07 07:01 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

So far, I have seen nothing sacred about the different religions of this world. The Gods and gods are made ups of mere human beings in retrospect of human behavior.

You think that isn't sacred?

#215932 - 01/16/07 07:29 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

I haven't considered that. Human beings are mere animals,"Some better, some worse." According to Doc. LaVey. Likewise are the so called Gods, some better than mankind, some worse according to behavior. To be sacred is to be untouched. No human being that I know can say that. Have you ever seen as much as a God or Devil except a human being? No human has ever come from the dead to me and claimed immortality. However, I can see immortality as a possibilty as knowlege increases. As for now, human beings are not sacred. Some better, some worse, none sacred. Thank you for your reply Sir. A real good food for thought.

#215933 - 01/16/07 07:31 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

As for now, human beings are not sacred.

Do you consider yourself a Satanist?

Do you consider yourself your own god?

Don't you consider your own life and your own interests, desires, and pleasures to be sacred?

Would you begrudge anyone a representation of their own lives or desires?

#215934 - 01/16/07 07:53 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

I do Sir. But I do not consider myself a mere human. Within my genetic code is much different. "Note." I said that, " I have never had a human being come from the dead and claimed immortality to me." If I considered myself human within, then I'm no better than any other human. This is not my claim. This is not many other's claimed here on this board, less many are not born Satanist, but human. I can not get into great detail as to say that some are herds here and they do not need to know what we are talking about. If they do? They will mess up everything. You are a wonderful being to speak with, the genitic code is also within you. Either one is born Satanist or human as Doc. LaVey have so often said. You have a wonderful mind Sir, Thanks.

#215935 - 01/16/07 07:56 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Either one is born Satanist or human as Doc. LaVey have so often said.

He never said Satanists aren't human.

#215936 - 01/16/07 07:59 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

So true, he never said humans are Satanist either. What he did say is that humans are animals, some better, some worse.

#215937 - 01/16/07 08:07 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

My brother. If one considers themselves a dog, which is a animal, then that one is born human inside and out. If one is born Satanist, then within, one is much more than a dog. But, a mortal God.

#215938 - 01/16/07 08:10 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

Currently at large...

Where did you escape from?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a personís faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#215939 - 01/16/07 08:10 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

So true, he never said humans are Satanist either. What he did say is that humans are animals, some better, some worse.

Oh really?

Quote:

"I AM A SATANIST! BOW DOWN, FOR I AM THE HIGHEST EMBODIMENT OF HUMAN LIFE!"
- TSB, 45 (Capitals by Dr. Lavey)

Be careful, Youngwolf, when attempting to paraphrase or quote Satanic literature. Many who dwell here know it well.

DarkWater

#215940 - 01/16/07 08:20 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: DarkWater]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed DarkWater. The point well made. Perhapes my original topic had taken a different direction. I will be mindful in the future. Thanks

#215941 - 01/16/07 08:21 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I think you're trying to finesse something very simple.

All past gods, myths and religions are the products of imagination and intellect.

They embody and respond to our desires and fears -- that's what makes them sacred.

That's what makes them interesting.

There's a lot we can learn about ourselves by studying the gods and religions of others. You don't have to believe in them to appreciate the role they play in our emotional life.

#215942 - 01/16/07 08:22 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Poetaster]
Nahash Prince Offline

A place of no origin.

#215943 - 01/16/07 08:27 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

So true, he never said humans are Satanist either

Do me a favor, and get a pen and a piece of paper.

Draw a big circle, and write the word "human" inside.

Now, INSIDE that big circle, draw a smaller circle. Write the word "Satanist" inside it.

Not everything in "human" is in "Satanist", but everything in "Satanist" is also in "human".

Everyone is either born a Satanist, or else born not a Satanist. Some humans are not Satanists. But we are all born human, and remain human.

Make an even bigger circle if you like, to include "human". Call it "animal". See where I'm going with this?

What faculty is your university's "Sacred Literature" department attached to? Either Humanities or Social Science, I assume?

Edited by reprobate (01/16/07 08:28 PM)

#215944 - 01/16/07 08:34 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

I see, thanks for your enlightment. "Human/animal/God," all one in the same interms of behavior. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12009 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405197 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements