Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#215960 - 01/17/07 06:56 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: RandomStranger]
Nahash Prince Offline

Loc: Currently at large
LOL. You've always have had a way of getting your point accross. Actually I'm Law Enforcement. Now different in pay if you ask me LoL...Thanks

#215961 - 01/17/07 06:59 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: Redhead]
Nahash Prince Offline

I feel the same way. But I'm almost there, better to finish and use it to my advantage.

#215962 - 01/17/07 07:05 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Zaftig]
Nahash Prince Offline

Thanks. Some are here just for that. It doesn't bother me. We all have our rights to respectfully say what we want. If I can't take it, then I shouldn't be a Satanist nor on this board. Thanks again.

#215963 - 01/17/07 07:08 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Linguascelesta]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed, more or less. Thanks
Quote:

Quote:

But we are all born human, and remain human.

More or less

#215964 - 01/17/07 07:10 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Discipline]
Nahash Prince Offline

You,ve explained what I was trying to say best. Thanks

#215965 - 01/17/07 07:27 PM Re: Human / Animal / God [Re: Linguascelesta]
Nahash Prince Offline

TSR Pg86,"Not to show our fangs in anger: that is the Law. Are we not men? Thanks.

#215966 - 01/17/07 08:54 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: Nahash Prince]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Thanks. I heard that joke from an ethnomusicologist and it seems to work in a number of different situations.

#215967 - 01/17/07 09:05 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: RandomStranger]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed, it works here.

#215968 - 01/17/07 09:12 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Poetaster]
Nahash Prince Offline

What an intelligent respond. Thanks.

#215969 - 01/18/07 02:07 AM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Nemo]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Very true.

I just would like to keep those traits, from at least the opinion I currently have.

But I plan to stick around.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#215970 - 01/18/07 02:14 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: Nahash Prince]
Redhead Offline

Loc: Europe
Now on a more serious note:

That joke was usually attributed to students of philosophy, litterature - or any of humanities - the more abstract the better.

However, while Sacred Literature isn't what you expected it to be, you can benefit from the knowledge you gain in many ways - starting from fact that vast majority of people surrounding you do take those scriptures to be true, and knowing the schemes of their beliefs and usual results of them actually gives you ability to manipulate them to benefit your aim, once you're past the original frustration.

You never need to work in that field in case you don't want to. Qualify for something else, take a job you'll learn along the way, put all your abilities and effort in it and you will likely succeed.

The only one who can limit you in any way is yourself.

Don't.

Despite the zillion convincing arguments you can find.

Good luck !

#215971 - 01/18/07 03:31 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Zaftig]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Here's the deal. We will have a room full of tables with whipped cream pies. Academics on one side of the room, intelligentsia on the other side, everyone else on another side.

On the count of three, let the pie throwing begin!

#215972 - 01/19/07 03:13 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I would imagine there are a number of things you are exposed to, in earning the degree, that can be used in a variety of ways. You would have learned to research subjects. You can take that and delve into any subject you choose.

I assume you have taken some counseling courses. Even if you are not going into professional counseling, that can teach you how to deal with all manner of people.

You have most likely prepared, and given, sermons. That is good practice in public speaking. You can't imagine the people who are held behind because they are unable to express an idea intelligently, or look someone in the eye.

I know very few people who are, after a certain age, still in the field they had originally been degreed in. Hell...even if you decide a labor, or service job fits you better, having three degrees under your belt will allow you to have stimulating conversations with a large assortment of people...or so I'm told.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#215973 - 01/21/07 07:39 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed, my Minor is in Counseling and I have given sermons during my public speaking course. I thank you for your suggestions. Perhaps I may do politics when it's all said and done. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43642 Topics
404167 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements