Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#215930 - 01/16/07 05:40 PM A Degree of Sacred Literature.
Nahash Prince Offline

Loc: Currently at large
I am about two years away from obtaining a degree of Sacred Literature. So far, I have seen nothing sacred about the different religions of this world. The Gods and gods are made ups of mere human beings in retrospect of human behavior. When I say this to a professor, he/she gets offended. They can not see that these Gods and gods are describing human beings. The deities love, hate etc. They are no different than mankind with a twist of fantasy. These fantasies suggested supernatural abilities which is nothing more than nature itself. However, I will complete the degree and use it to my advantage. Sometimes things that appears to be useless can be quite helpful. What do you think?

#215931 - 01/16/07 07:01 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada
Quote:

So far, I have seen nothing sacred about the different religions of this world. The Gods and gods are made ups of mere human beings in retrospect of human behavior.

You think that isn't sacred?

#215932 - 01/16/07 07:29 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

I haven't considered that. Human beings are mere animals,"Some better, some worse." According to Doc. LaVey. Likewise are the so called Gods, some better than mankind, some worse according to behavior. To be sacred is to be untouched. No human being that I know can say that. Have you ever seen as much as a God or Devil except a human being? No human has ever come from the dead to me and claimed immortality. However, I can see immortality as a possibilty as knowlege increases. As for now, human beings are not sacred. Some better, some worse, none sacred. Thank you for your reply Sir. A real good food for thought.

#215933 - 01/16/07 07:31 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

As for now, human beings are not sacred.

Do you consider yourself a Satanist?

Do you consider yourself your own god?

Don't you consider your own life and your own interests, desires, and pleasures to be sacred?

Would you begrudge anyone a representation of their own lives or desires?

#215934 - 01/16/07 07:53 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

I do Sir. But I do not consider myself a mere human. Within my genetic code is much different. "Note." I said that, " I have never had a human being come from the dead and claimed immortality to me." If I considered myself human within, then I'm no better than any other human. This is not my claim. This is not many other's claimed here on this board, less many are not born Satanist, but human. I can not get into great detail as to say that some are herds here and they do not need to know what we are talking about. If they do? They will mess up everything. You are a wonderful being to speak with, the genitic code is also within you. Either one is born Satanist or human as Doc. LaVey have so often said. You have a wonderful mind Sir, Thanks.

#215935 - 01/16/07 07:56 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

Either one is born Satanist or human as Doc. LaVey have so often said.

He never said Satanists aren't human.

#215936 - 01/16/07 07:59 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

So true, he never said humans are Satanist either. What he did say is that humans are animals, some better, some worse.

#215937 - 01/16/07 08:07 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

My brother. If one considers themselves a dog, which is a animal, then that one is born human inside and out. If one is born Satanist, then within, one is much more than a dog. But, a mortal God.

#215938 - 01/16/07 08:10 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Quote:

Currently at large...

Where did you escape from?
"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#215939 - 01/16/07 08:10 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
DarkWater Offline
CoS Member

Loc: SinCity
Quote:

So true, he never said humans are Satanist either. What he did say is that humans are animals, some better, some worse.

Oh really?

Quote:

"I AM A SATANIST! BOW DOWN, FOR I AM THE HIGHEST EMBODIMENT OF HUMAN LIFE!"
- TSB, 45 (Capitals by Dr. Lavey)

Be careful, Youngwolf, when attempting to paraphrase or quote Satanic literature. Many who dwell here know it well.

DarkWater

#215940 - 01/16/07 08:20 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: DarkWater]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed DarkWater. The point well made. Perhapes my original topic had taken a different direction. I will be mindful in the future. Thanks

#215941 - 01/16/07 08:21 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I think you're trying to finesse something very simple.

All past gods, myths and religions are the products of imagination and intellect.

They embody and respond to our desires and fears -- that's what makes them sacred.

That's what makes them interesting.

There's a lot we can learn about ourselves by studying the gods and religions of others. You don't have to believe in them to appreciate the role they play in our emotional life.

#215942 - 01/16/07 08:22 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Poetaster]
Nahash Prince Offline

A place of no origin.

#215943 - 01/16/07 08:27 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Quote:

So true, he never said humans are Satanist either

Do me a favor, and get a pen and a piece of paper.

Draw a big circle, and write the word "human" inside.

Now, INSIDE that big circle, draw a smaller circle. Write the word "Satanist" inside it.

Not everything in "human" is in "Satanist", but everything in "Satanist" is also in "human".

Everyone is either born a Satanist, or else born not a Satanist. Some humans are not Satanists. But we are all born human, and remain human.

Make an even bigger circle if you like, to include "human". Call it "animal". See where I'm going with this?

What faculty is your university's "Sacred Literature" department attached to? Either Humanities or Social Science, I assume?

Edited by reprobate (01/16/07 08:28 PM)

#215944 - 01/16/07 08:34 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

I see, thanks for your enlightment. "Human/animal/God," all one in the same interms of behavior. Thanks.

#215945 - 01/16/07 08:45 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

The Sacred Literature falls under the Humanities Faculty.

#215946 - 01/16/07 08:49 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

You might want to see if your school's Philosophy department offers a "critical thinking" or "natural language argument" course. You can take it as a Humanities elective.

#215947 - 01/16/07 08:56 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: reprobate]
Nahash Prince Offline

Thanks. I will look into that. I enjoyed dialoging with you and DarkWater. It's late, time for me to bed down. Work and School tomorrow. Until next time...HAIL SATAN!!!WWW.

#215948 - 01/16/07 09:23 PM Human / Animal / God [Re: Nahash Prince]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

"Human/animal/God," all one in the same interms of behavior. Thanks.

Have you read Das Tierdrama in The Satanic Rituals?

#215949 - 01/16/07 09:24 PM Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: reprobate]
Linguascelesta Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Europa
Quote:

But we are all born human, and remain human.

More or less

#215950 - 01/16/07 09:42 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Linguascelesta]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

I hope the day never comes when technology has made us incapable of mythology!

#215951 - 01/16/07 09:45 PM A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: Nahash Prince]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Here.
Q. What do you say to the person with a degree in Sacred Literature when they knock on your door?

A. Thanks for the pizza. Keep the change.

#215952 - 01/16/07 09:45 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: reprobate]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

What a sterile world that would be.

I have stories that get better every time I tell them...that's my mythology.

#215953 - 01/16/07 09:48 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: RandomStranger]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

That's it Random Stranger!!!! Ok all you academics let's gang up on him!!!!!

Oh wait.

We're internet geeks.

never mind...

#215954 - 01/16/07 09:53 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Zaftig]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
As Richard Nixon would have said, "I am not a geek."

"People who harbor strong convictions without evidence belong at the margins of our societies, not in our halls of power. The only thing we should respect in a person’s faith is his desire for a better life in this world; we need never have respected his certainty that one awaits him in the next."

- Sam Harris

#215955 - 01/16/07 11:24 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: reprobate]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
I am a bit of a transhumanist. At least my opinions and attitudes fall under that label. However, I agree that mythology, passion, and emotions are enjoyable and amazing qualities of human life. I doubt human beings will ever remove such traits or even truly desire too no matter how enhanced we become.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#215956 - 01/17/07 02:53 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Discipline]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:

I doubt human beings will ever remove such traits or even truly desire too no matter how enhanced we become.

Time will tell.

The trick is stick around long enough to find out.

I know that my own views and values have altered with the more experiences I have accumulated.

I expect that shall continue.

But time will tell.

#215957 - 01/17/07 04:07 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Discipline]
reprobate Offline

CoS Warlock

Yeah, we're on the same page. I'm definitely sympathetic to transhumanism; I'm just not sure I like the name, and I definitely want to retain a lot that's characteristically "human", like myths and dreams and fantasies.

Maybe I'm a techno-surrealist.

#215958 - 01/17/07 04:38 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: RandomStranger]
Redhead Offline

Loc: Europe
Quote:

Q. What do you say to the person with a degree in Sacred Literature when they knock on your door?

A. Thanks for the pizza. Keep the change.

... and at some point while eating you start wondering whether the sacred scripture frustration has built up in them to the point when they spit in each meal they deliver.

Or it's just Chuck Palahniuk messing with your head .

Edited by Redhead (01/17/07 04:40 PM)

#215959 - 01/17/07 06:52 PM Re: Human / Animal / God [Re: Linguascelesta]
Nahash Prince Offline

No Sir. But I have it here TSR pg76. I will read it, thanks.

#215960 - 01/17/07 06:56 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: RandomStranger]
Nahash Prince Offline

LOL. You've always have had a way of getting your point accross. Actually I'm Law Enforcement. Now different in pay if you ask me LoL...Thanks

#215961 - 01/17/07 06:59 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: Redhead]
Nahash Prince Offline

I feel the same way. But I'm almost there, better to finish and use it to my advantage.

#215962 - 01/17/07 07:05 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Zaftig]
Nahash Prince Offline

Thanks. Some are here just for that. It doesn't bother me. We all have our rights to respectfully say what we want. If I can't take it, then I shouldn't be a Satanist nor on this board. Thanks again.

#215963 - 01/17/07 07:08 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Linguascelesta]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed, more or less. Thanks
Quote:

Quote:

But we are all born human, and remain human.

More or less

#215964 - 01/17/07 07:10 PM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Discipline]
Nahash Prince Offline

You,ve explained what I was trying to say best. Thanks

#215965 - 01/17/07 07:27 PM Re: Human / Animal / God [Re: Linguascelesta]
Nahash Prince Offline

TSR Pg86,"Not to show our fangs in anger: that is the Law. Are we not men? Thanks.

#215966 - 01/17/07 08:54 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: Nahash Prince]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks. I heard that joke from an ethnomusicologist and it seems to work in a number of different situations.

#215967 - 01/17/07 09:05 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: RandomStranger]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed, it works here.

#215968 - 01/17/07 09:12 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Poetaster]
Nahash Prince Offline

What an intelligent respond. Thanks.

#215969 - 01/18/07 02:07 AM Re: Menschliches, Allzumenschliches? [Re: Nemo]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Very true.

I just would like to keep those traits, from at least the opinion I currently have.

But I plan to stick around.

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#215970 - 01/18/07 02:14 PM Re: A Degree in Sacred Literature? [Re: Nahash Prince]
Redhead Offline

Loc: Europe
Now on a more serious note:

That joke was usually attributed to students of philosophy, litterature - or any of humanities - the more abstract the better.

However, while Sacred Literature isn't what you expected it to be, you can benefit from the knowledge you gain in many ways - starting from fact that vast majority of people surrounding you do take those scriptures to be true, and knowing the schemes of their beliefs and usual results of them actually gives you ability to manipulate them to benefit your aim, once you're past the original frustration.

You never need to work in that field in case you don't want to. Qualify for something else, take a job you'll learn along the way, put all your abilities and effort in it and you will likely succeed.

The only one who can limit you in any way is yourself.

Don't.

Despite the zillion convincing arguments you can find.

Good luck !

#215971 - 01/18/07 03:31 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Zaftig]
RandomStranger Offline
CoS Warlock

Here's the deal. We will have a room full of tables with whipped cream pies. Academics on one side of the room, intelligentsia on the other side, everyone else on another side.

On the count of three, let the pie throwing begin!

#215972 - 01/19/07 03:13 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Nahash Prince]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I would imagine there are a number of things you are exposed to, in earning the degree, that can be used in a variety of ways. You would have learned to research subjects. You can take that and delve into any subject you choose.

I assume you have taken some counseling courses. Even if you are not going into professional counseling, that can teach you how to deal with all manner of people.

You have most likely prepared, and given, sermons. That is good practice in public speaking. You can't imagine the people who are held behind because they are unable to express an idea intelligently, or look someone in the eye.

I know very few people who are, after a certain age, still in the field they had originally been degreed in. Hell...even if you decide a labor, or service job fits you better, having three degrees under your belt will allow you to have stimulating conversations with a large assortment of people...or so I'm told.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#215973 - 01/21/07 07:39 PM Re: A Degree of Sacred Literature. [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Nahash Prince Offline

Indeed, my Minor is in Counseling and I have given sermons during my public speaking course. I thank you for your suggestions. Perhaps I may do politics when it's all said and done. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406035 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements