Topic Options
#216275 - 01/18/07 12:01 PM Hail the wisdom of Magister Ventrue!
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I see that the PM storage limit is now 300.

Superb!!!

Now I don't have to delete all those important ^#$#*&# PMs ... yet...

Thank you Magister!!!

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#216276 - 01/18/07 01:26 PM Re: Hail the wisdom of Magister Ventrue! [Re: Quaark]
London Offline
CoS Member

Loc: The Inmost Dens
What a swell guy.

#216277 - 01/19/07 06:09 PM Re: Hail the wisdom of Magister Ventrue! [Re: London]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Excellent news!

Thank you Magister Ventrue.

Much appreciation for the time and effort you put into this web site.

I realise that much like Myself, you work VERY long hours.

Again, I thank you for your dedication and devotion.

Be well,
Eve.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#216278 - 01/20/07 09:13 AM Re: Hail the wisdom of Magister Ventrue! [Re: Quaark]
Catalyst Offline
Banned

Loc: Atwater, Ohio
Thank you much for this new feature, Magister. I still wish you the best with all of your endeavors!

#216279 - 01/28/07 10:08 PM Re: Hail the wisdom of Magister Ventrue! [Re: Evil_Eve]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
He's a pretty awsome guy! Now we don't have to worry so much on PM build-up.

Forum Stats
11891 Members
73 Forums
43637 Topics
404147 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements