Topic Options
#218237 - 01/27/07 11:17 AM Symbolism
Feather Offline

Loc: UK
recently I visited a location near to where I wanted to move to an found a lot of symbols, but I am not sure on what they are. I have come here in the hope of finding out what sort of symbols are used by yourselves and what their purpose and meaning is.

Unknown Symbols click here to view

My appologies if this is the wrong place to post this. I am far to curious for my own good, but then if I wasn't how would I become educated

#218238 - 01/27/07 11:35 AM Re: Symbolism [Re: Feather]
Svengali Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
They look like sigils made along the lines of Austin Spare: phrasing the meaning in one concise sentence, removing all repeating letters, and combining the remaining letters into one symbol. Akin to a bind rune.

In which case there is really no way of knowing the original intent.

The lower left symbol looks like it was traced over a letter grid.
"As for wars, well, there's only been 268 years out of the last 3421 in which there were no wars. So war, too, is in the normal course of events." -- Will Durant.
"Satanism is the worship of life, not a hypocritical, whitewashed vision of life, but life as it really is." -- Anton Szandor LaVey
A membership ticket in this party does not confer genius on the holder. -- Benito Mussolini
MY BOOK: ESSAYS IN SATANISM | MY BLOG: COSMODROMIUM | Deep Satanism Blog

#218239 - 01/27/07 01:18 PM Re: Symbolism [Re: Svengali]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

I concur. This scchool of thought often times uses this technique to inscribe talismans. They mean something to the designer, and unless you have the original intent and words, you can't tell what is being portrayed.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405237 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements