Topic Options
#220200 - 02/06/07 09:38 AM Hand Symbol
DevilsFoodCake Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Redwood Coast
In the Church of Satan book by Blanche Barton, (I do not recall the exact page number, I loaned it out to a fellow Satanist) the hand symbol is described as having the thumb and little finger raised while the index, middle and ring finger are down. I have also seen pictures of the hand symbol with the thumb holding the middle and ring finger while the index and little finger are raised. So the question is which is right and which is wrong, or are they both right?

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.

With very few absolute truths in the world know this; wherever you go, there you are.

Satanism is not clothing to be worn,
It is within you when you are born.

#220201 - 02/06/07 05:00 PM Re: Hand Symbol [Re: DevilsFoodCake]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The latter is the one most use. The former is acceptable, but it is also used as the symbol of sports teams whose emblem has horns (hook 'em horns) and in Hawaii, meaning "Just Hang Loose".

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#220202 - 02/06/07 11:14 PM Re: Hand Symbol [Re: DevilsFoodCake]
Caesar Offline

CoS Warlock

I don't think there was an intended doctrine or protocol regarding the 'hand symbol'. I wouldn't be surprised to find other variations, just as acceptable.

#220203 - 02/10/07 06:34 PM Re: Hand Symbol [Re: Phineas]
DevilsFoodCake Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Redwood Coast
Thank you for the response. I also got a couple of responses via forum mail. The one that was most informative was from Evil_Eve including a picture of Magus Gilmore. Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

Attachments
404699-Gilmore.jpg (199 downloads)

Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.

With very few absolute truths in the world know this; wherever you go, there you are.

Satanism is not clothing to be worn,
It is within you when you are born.

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43883 Topics
404450 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements