Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#22038 - 01/19/04 01:14 PM Raise The Bar!
Mason_Rust Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Michigan, USA
It’s obvious that many come here and are pretenders to the throne. Beyond the normal moderation that goes on, there is little that can be done about the sheep in wolves clothing who stroll in from time to time. So I present a challenge to the fakes and phonies, be their reality known to them or not: If you can’t be a Satanist, at least prove you have some amount of talent and do a better job of pretending!

Here are some quick and easy steps:

1. Shut Up About Your Worthless Past

While it’s sometimes difficult to pick a true Satanist out of a crowd of people, it’s quite easy to pick a person out of a crowd of Satanists. There are, after all, many indicators that someone is not a part of what is the Alien Elite, and one such indicator is a history of life failures. If you make a post telling us that you’ve had one or more serious problems in your life concerning drug addiction, self-mutilation, consistent low self esteem issues, etc., and in the next paragraph tell us that when you read TSB realized that you’re a Satanist…and have always been one, then we’ll be laughing our asses off at you. We stratify ourselves everyday, even through the medium of this message board. By mentioning your life blunders, not only are you showing us that you have failed yesterday, you’re also demonstrating that you’re still pretty stupid today for bringing it up in the first place.

2. No More Dirty Laundry

Everyone has problems. As a wise man once said, “Shit happens,” and a Satanist is not exempt from this. However, how a Satanist deals with personal problems is one way that they prove that they are above the rest. If you really think you are a member of an elite group, you should be able to solve the overwhelming majority of your problems on your own, and have the confidence in your "black heart" you're so in love with to not require the advice of internet strangers before you go about a course of action. If you have something difficult going on in your life, do yourself a favor and tackle it on your own. Prove your worth to yourself, and spare the rest of us! Just because you think you're a Satanist doesn't mean I give two shits about your problems...I have my own and am too busy either solving my problems or enjoying my life to deal with yours. If your own resources are not enough, (and granted, they sometimes may not be) consult others who are close to you, even PM an LttD friend if you must, but air out your dirty laundry somewhere besides this message board! If I may be so presumptuous, I doubt Reverend Ventrue intended for Letters To The Devil to serve as an advice column!

3. No, I Don’t Want To Help The Herd

Satanists are elite. How elite someone is depends upon how much skill or lack of skill everyone else possesses. As a Satanist, I am proud of what I am, and am quite pleased that I am one of few. For that reason, I don’t think it would be awesome if everyone else was a Satanist, so cease the propaganda that suggests it would be a grand old time. It wouldn’t. No, I don’t want The Satanic Bible in public school libraries. I don’t want Satanism covered in a Religions Of The World class. I don’t think Anton LaVey should be taught in schools. Let the real Satanists find their way to Satanism on their own! If they are the real deal, they’ll make it there eventually, and even if they don’t, no sweat off their backs—they’re defacto anyway! If you’re coming to this board saying something along the lines of “I wish I had found TSB earlier in my life,” I very much wonder "why?" When I read TSB, I found it to be a masterpiece, but I never had a feeling that my life would be better off if I had read it at some point earlier. Reading TSB didn’t actually change my life, it simply clued me in that there is a name for what I already am, and already have been. If finding and reading TSB was for you the equivalent of having a rope tossed out to a drowning man, more power to you for improving your life, but you are not a Satanist. A Satanist wouldn't have been drowning in the first place! And if you want the herd to read TSB because you think it will help them too, take your humanitarian bullshit to somewhere more fitting. Around here, it’s a square peg.

If the shoe fits, wear it. Truly, the best option is to pack your shit and hit the trail. But, if you insist on staying and causing pains for yourself, at least have the self respect to follow these steps and do a better job of being a fake! Hell, if you do a good enough job, only you will know deep down that you're a phony. Doesn't that sound great?!

Hail Satan!

#22039 - 01/19/04 01:48 PM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Sarracenia Offline
CoS Member

Fantastic post!

2. No More Dirty Laundry

Just because you think you're a Satanist doesn't mean I give two shits about your problems...I have my own and am too busy either solving my problems or enjoying my life to deal with yours.

This has been a very annoying trend, yes. Some do not even bother to ask for advice. They spill their latest miseries and failures, and treat LttD as if it were a shoulder to cry on. Also, I am sure some people come to LttD with the intention of asking for advice then leaving. Anyone who does that is a parasite. They come, take what they need and leave a stench in the air.

One could publicly ask for advice and be lucky enough to get it AND be spared of insults, but at what price? How can one be taken seriously if everyone knows he couldn't work things out by the wife, has been betrayed by friends, couldn't keep hard for more than a minute... etc. etc. ad nauseum. If it is not respect for other people that would deter one from dumping their problems on them, then let it be pride. Even the average moron has an ounce of it.

ToV

#22040 - 01/19/04 03:01 PM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Mason_Rust]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
While it’s sometimes difficult to pick a true Satanist out of a crowd of people, it’s quite easy to pick a person out of a crowd of Satanists. There are, after all, many indicators that someone is not a part of what is the Alien Elite, and one such indicator is a history of life failures. If you make a post telling us that you’ve had one or more serious problems in your life concerning drug addiction, self-mutilation, consistent low self esteem issues, etc., and in the next paragraph tell us that when you read TSB realized that you’re a Satanist…and have always been one, then we’ll be laughing our asses off at you. We stratify ourselves everyday, even through the medium of this message board. By mentioning your life blunders, not only are you showing us that you have failed yesterday, you’re also demonstrating that you’re still pretty stupid today for bringing it up in the first place.

I am just suspicious and disdainful of those who display their flaws and failures and air their dirty laundry within 2 days (usually much less--like, 15 minutes) of meeting me. You wouldn't do it at a job interview, so why do it in front of a bunch of discerning, non-group-hug-oriented Satanists? Ever hear of putting our best foot forward, kids?

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#22041 - 01/19/04 03:09 PM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Mason_Rust]
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
Having problems past or present is not a Satanic Sin.

And there is certainly nothing wrong with attempting to find solutions to those problems.

However, it is fairly obvious when somebody strolls on here wanting sympathy rather than solutions.

The biggest tell tale sign is when they don't ask for a solution, but simply whine. Another is when a solution is given, but they complain about it.

Most people don't wan't a solution to thier problems, they want sympathy. It's the group hug syndrome.

The postings you refer to may as well read:

Woe is me, please give me a hug, or My life used to suck, but then I read the Satanic bible, and though it still sucks, I at least think I belong somewhere.

Satanism is little more than food for thought if it is not applied. And it would seem that those who fail to apply it, are the same who would like it taught in the schools and practiced in prisons. They spend thier taime talking about Satanism, when thier time wuld be much better spent applying it to achieve thier own goals.

What I really enjoy, and wish I could read more of, are the examples of how people have applied the philosophy and Magic of Satanism in thier lives to overcome thier problems and get what they want.

I don't think they are, or ever will fool anybody but themselves.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#22042 - 01/19/04 04:03 PM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Geat post Mason_Rust!

I especially agree with the third point. Some people seem to have the idea that Satanism should be preached, or made more widely available to "the masses".

Why? The less we are the better! The real Satanist, who was born that way, will gravitate toward us. He or she will find the way to LaVey's books without the local librarian's help. The rest, who are unable to grasp the concept of Satanism, are better left outside, since giving them too much information will result on them making a mess out of it and reaching wrong conclusions.

Teaching Satanism at schools or trying to make it available to the populace will only result on bastardized versions of it sprouting like mushrooms everywhere. We have enough of that already.

#22043 - 01/19/04 10:10 PM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Mason_Rust]
WyckedImp Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Washington
Excellent post Sir! I have often wondered why on Earth people found the need to tell everyone all of their personal problems. Just wanting a little attention?

How can we take anything they say seriously if it is all preempted with whininess? It's quite annoying, actually!

Anyway, great post.

Hail Satan!

#22044 - 01/19/04 10:11 PM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Old_Pig]
Scratch Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
"Teaching Satanism at schools or trying to make it available to the populace will only result on bastardized versions of it sprouting like mushrooms everywhere. We have enough of that already."

Honestly, there are folks I wish had never even picked up TSB. You all know one of those misquoting jackasses trying to pass off as something they're not suited for. (Hell, some of you may have even dated the bastard.) Oh, but if I could prevent it from happening, I would. I'm sure most of you have noticed the confusion between devil-worship, cults, and Satanism. But let's not allow that to frustriate us. After all, if they're too stupid to notice the difference, they don't matter.

Tha_Pig is right, we have enough of that as it is!

#22045 - 01/20/04 01:40 AM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Old_Pig]
Dan_Dread Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Quote:

Teaching Satanism at schools or trying to make it available to the populace will only result on bastardized versions of it sprouting like mushrooms everywhere. We have enough of that already.

You 'aint just whistlin' dixie, bub
"One thing I have learned in a long life: that all our science, measured against reality, is primitive and childlike and yet it is the most precious thing we have." - Albert Einstein --------------------

#22046 - 01/20/04 01:54 AM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Sarracenia]
bahemoth Offline
CoS Member

Loc: California
I am new to this board so I am trying to check out the board first before I put much input but I totally agree with this post. I mean it is their cry for attention. they shout out "hey look at me please" and when no one does they feel the need to make a scene, for example telling a woe story to recieve sympathy for there useless existence. I am kind of generalising but not only on the board but to the people around them also. I mean if u want attention do something noble and worthy as opposed to crying about how bad their life is and how they wish for you to comfort them

#22047 - 01/20/04 02:05 AM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Mason_Rust]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I definitely relate to what youre saying-if people feel the need to vent all their issues in a forum meant for intelligent discussion then they should get off the computer and find themselves a therapist. I for one have no desire to be anyone's crying shoulder.

#22048 - 01/20/04 02:32 AM Re: Raise The Bar! *DELETED* [Re: Mason_Rust]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Post deleted by Reverend_Ventrue

#22049 - 01/20/04 02:53 AM Re: Raise The Bar!
C_D_McKinna Offline
CoS Member

Loc: San Diego, CA
Oh yes, your definately a trend setter.

"Well done is better than well said"

- Benjamin Franklin

#22050 - 01/20/04 03:04 AM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: C_D_McKinna]
Bumbly3 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Midlands UK
I think the term 'delusions of grandeur', fits nicely.

#22051 - 01/20/04 03:19 AM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Bumbly3]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Give me a better explanation for the whining posts. Or maybe you don't believe what is written in this book called The Satanic Bible. And who say you have to post to set trends

#22052 - 01/20/04 03:21 AM Re: Raise The Bar! [Re: Mason_Rust]
MagisterParadise Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Burlington, VT
20 Jan XXXIX A.S.

First off, your post was as dead-on and necessary as it will, unfortunately, be ignored by those who should really pay attention. [Insert Dr. LaVey's quote about self-help books here]
Quote:

Just because you think you're a Satanist doesn't mean I give two shits about your problems...

[no longer focused at Mason Rust...]

Or, necessarily, your birthdays, anniversaries, deaths in your family, or anything else along these lines. It seems that a number of people would do us all a favor by asking themselves this question before posting such personal information: "Is what I'm posting relevant to the board, or is it just relevant to me?" Plain and simple. It would clear some of the clutter, I can tell you that. Bring it to those who love you. Don't have any of those? Not my problem, and not the problem of the remainder of the board.

Put in plainer terms: LTTD is NOT your psychologist, your comforting friend, your sob sister, your pat on the back (!), or your punching bag. Offline friends aside, we are all complete strangers to each other, regardless of online "acquaintance" or total number of posts. There is ZERO reason for me to truly care about your problems, sadness, loss, or bad day because those things are earned... in the REAL world. And, if this really needs to be stated, being a Satanist or even saying you are does not grant you my shoulder to cry on or my kind words of sympathy to be wasted on you. What was it Doctor said about "Lonely Hearts Clubs?"

For those who didn't read carefully, they're NOT Satanism.

Entertainment? Great. Education? Fine. Enlightenment? Even better. But, unless you're sending me $100 an hour for my time, spare me the pity party.

And try quashing the urge for the one-sentence "Yeah, me, too" posts while you're at it!

****** READ DIABOLOGUE OFTEN ******

Purging Talon | On Facebook | On SatanNet
Bearing The Devil's Mark @ Amazon | The Book of Satanic Quotations @ Amazon | Terror Transmission

--------------------
"The world isn't black and white. It's grayscale" - Steve Wozniak

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
12196 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
405999 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements