Topic Options
#220846 - 02/09/07 03:07 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Zaftig]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Thanks for the nightmares, Lex!

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#220847 - 02/09/07 03:10 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: LightAngel]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
A few more quotes from Marilyn:

* It's all make believe, isn't it?

• If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never have got anywhere.

• I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.

• I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

• I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

• I don't want to make money. I just want to be wonderful.

* Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#220848 - 02/09/07 03:12 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Zaftig]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Quote:

Yes. And maybe even...

LOL

#220849 - 02/09/07 03:13 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: gypsy]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

Yes well we all have our moments don't we. But that doesn't detract from the point I was making in original post, and that was Anna Nicole was never in the same league as Marilyn. She will be forgotten like a bad joke; Marilyn on the other hand will go down in history as an American icon.

Indeed. Monroe was smarter than the average bear (she put on a good act) at making others 'believe' she was dumb. Anna was just dumb. Comparing Nicole to Monroe is like comparing apples to oranges.

Monroe is an American icon who even in her death is still thought of to this day.

I wonder how many people will visit the grave site of Anna Nicole 30 years later? Yeah. Nobody.

HUGE Marilyn Monroe fan here. I did extensive research on her life and times, and boy howdy she DID have some good ones. Like Gypsy said: We ALL have our moments.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#220850 - 02/09/07 03:16 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Evil_Eve]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

I wonder how many people will visit the grave site of Anna Nicole 30 years later?

The same people who visit Jim Morrison's grave...
Down-on-their-luck cokeheads hoping to get lucky with an easy score of leftovers they can snort from betwixt the graveflowers and empty beer bottles.

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#220851 - 02/09/07 03:19 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Mr. Obsidian]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> The same people who visit Jim Morrison's grave...
Down-on-their-luck cokeheads hoping to get lucky with an easy score of leftovers they can snort from betwixt the graveflowers and empty beer bottles.<<

Or...

Such types as when I was in Paris who visited Morrison's grave and got arrested for spray painting "YOU FAT BASTARD" across it.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#220852 - 02/09/07 03:31 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
Carkosa Offline

Be more sympathetic for her children who have to live with the embarressment and turmoil of who she was and what she did. She was never a good mother to them while she was alive and will never be able to make up for it now either.

#220853 - 02/09/07 03:36 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: LightAngel]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

But she still lost in the end, and she wasn't happy

Is this something you know to be fact, or are you buying into a made-for-TV version of reality? Also, just because a person dies an untimely death, it doesn't mean that they were a failure at life. It just means they died (is there a such thing as a timely death?)

Marilyn Monroe made a mark on the world, and so did Anna Nicole Smith. Except the kind of mark Anna made was the kind that some one had clean up.

#220854 - 02/09/07 03:42 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Carkosa Offline

Quote:

Quote:

But she still lost in the end, and she wasn't happy

Is this something you know to be fact, or are you buying into a made-for-TV version of reality? Also, just because a person dies an untimely death, it doesn't mean that they were a failure at life. It just means they died (is there a such thing as a timely death?)

Marilyn Monroe made a mark on the world, and so did Anna Nicole Smith. Except the kind of mark Anna made was the kind that some one had clean up.

Marilyn's autopsy revealed she died from an overdose of sleeping pills. Whether it was suicide or accident is unknown. In either case, something was definitely wrong. Any reasonable individual should know that taking too much medication can be lethal.

#220855 - 02/09/07 04:21 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
Redhead Offline

Loc: Europe
I read an article about this, not because of my interest in Ms. Smith's life, but the reaction of media regarding her death : the video shot of her last seconds - reanimation was sold to Entertainment Tonight (!) for 500.000 USD.

#220856 - 02/09/07 04:24 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Redhead Offline

Loc: Europe
Quote:

Enjoy the moment. Because unlike icons such as Marilyn Monroe and Brigitte Bardot (both of whom had talent and far more intelligence than many people realise) in a few short years this brainless titterbox will be nothing more than a forgotten piece of fluff dangling off the ass of the Playboy empire.

Brigitte Bardot is still very much alive - and kicking .

#220857 - 02/09/07 04:51 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: LightAngel]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

You don't need to be Albert Einstein to see that the sweet girl was unhappy

Albert Einstein was a fan of Marilyn Monroe.

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#220858 - 02/09/07 07:38 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
Anonymous
Unregistered

I find it interesting that many people are making the assumption that I equalized Anna Nicole with Monroe. I didn't. However love her or loath her Smith has left her mark.

I also find it interesting that America currently has a female star more intelligent and successful than Monroe and Smith combined in Madonna. My point; if we are comparing someone with Monroe lets at least use someone with a fighting chance.

#220859 - 02/09/07 07:51 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Zaftig]
Old_Pig Offline

Loc: The Deep South
Quote:

Yes. And maybe even...

I'm not sure that thing is even female...

#220860 - 02/09/07 07:54 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Zaftig]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Now in residing in Florida, formerly known as "Our Man in Washington"....

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements