Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#220861 - 02/09/07 08:08 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
DickSteele Offline
CoS Warlock

She was pretty and had huge boobies. Thats all.

Edited by DickSteele (02/09/07 08:08 PM)

#220862 - 02/09/07 09:08 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
Madonna?

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#220863 - 02/09/07 09:38 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Carkosa]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But she still lost in the end, and she wasn't happy

Is this something you know to be fact, or are you buying into a made-for-TV version of reality? Also, just because a person dies an untimely death, it doesn't mean that they were a failure at life. It just means they died (is there a such thing as a timely death?)

Marilyn Monroe made a mark on the world, and so did Anna Nicole Smith. Except the kind of mark Anna made was the kind that some one had clean up.

Marilyn's autopsy revealed she died from an overdose of sleeping pills. Whether it was suicide or accident is unknown. In either case, something was definitely wrong. Any reasonable individual should know that taking too much medication can be lethal.

My point is that NO ONE knows if she was happy or not. You could be correct; or, her death could have been the result of a single instant of poor judgment. People focus so much on her “tragic” death, and it’s so sensationalized on television, but who the heck can really say how she felt? She could have been the happiest person on earth, even if she did commit suicide. The idea that people only kill themselves because they are depressed is a misconception. That "something wrong" might have nothing to do with sadness. For example, if you win a few millions dollars playing the Lottery, they don’t give you all of your winnings at once. Care to guess why?

#220864 - 02/09/07 10:00 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
tekku Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: Behind You
If she hadnt married that rotting billionare and ensued in the legal battle for his money all this time, by now none of us would have known who she was.

Playboy bunnies have their useby date as well and hers ended in the 90's and her fame is a result of media not any real accomplishment's, I think you need to get a grip on that fact.

Anyways, what's so special about her aside from her tits?

Good riddance

La bonne cuisine est la base du véritable bonheur ~Escoffier~

Church of Satan

#220865 - 02/09/07 10:04 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: Discipline]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

Madonna?

You read my mind, Discipline!

Madonna is a flake, who possesses not the charisma, charm, nor seductiveness which made Marilyn Monroe immortal.

I will concede that Madonna is a step up from Anna Nicole, but merely a small one. At least the Material Girl achieved some fame from her pop music "talent." (I use that term grudgingly)

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#220868 - 02/10/07 04:08 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
Quote:

I also find it interesting that America currently has a female star more intelligent and successful than Monroe and Smith combined in Madonna. My point; if we are comparing someone with Monroe lets at least use someone with a fighting chance.

Attachments
404591-madona.jpg (19 downloads)

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

#220869 - 02/10/07 07:21 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Quote:

I find it interesting that many people are making the assumption that I equalized Anna Nicole with Monroe. I didn't. However love her or loath her Smith has left her mark.

I also find it interesting that America currently has a female star more intelligent and successful than Monroe and Smith combined in Madonna. My point; if we are comparing someone with Monroe lets at least use someone with a fighting chance.

You simply HAVE to be kidding.

While I enjoy a great deal of Madonna's music, this is an apples to oranges situation.

Madonna is a whackaloon nut job who simply keeps 'searching' for religion, for something ANYTHING to fit into. Monroe on the other hand KNEW who she was. I wouldn't lay flowers on Nicole or Madonna's grave but I would lay a rose on Miss Monroes grave.

She was a symbol of sex, freedom, and power. Do you really want to tell Me that Madonna is MORE intelligent than Monroe was? Without MONROE there would be NO MADONNA! Madonna has been riding the coattails of Miss Monroe for years.

Sorry, I'm not buying it. (The whole intelligence thing). Madonna stole Monroes material and it's as simple as that.

Here is a big hail to the queen and that queen being: Miss Monroe!
Madonna? <Eve is still laughing>.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#220870 - 02/10/07 07:44 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: Evil_Eve]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

She was a symbol of sex, freedom, and power. Do you really want to tell Me that Madonna is MORE intelligent than Monroe was? Without MONROE there would be NO MADONNA! Madonna has been riding the coattails of Miss Monroe for years .

My dear you said a mouth full, any body with an ounce of insight could see that Madonna idolizes Marilyn heck the whole "Material girl" persona is a direct result of her attempt to mimic Marilyn's performance in "Diamonds are a Girls Best Friend."

Church of Satan

#220871 - 02/10/07 07:48 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: gypsy]
Evil_Eve Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
In a word? YUP! Madonna......what a joke. That kid of hers is going to be as loony as she is. Too bad we can't pick our parents.

"Our religion does not require martyrs."
Magistra Nadramia.

FEARED!
Revered.
YOU can be a voice for the voiceless.

#220872 - 02/10/07 07:52 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: Evil_Eve]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Not to mention she locked lips with Britney Shmears

Church of Satan

#220874 - 02/10/07 08:01 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: gypsy]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Quote:

Not to mention she locked lips with Britney Shmears

And Kevin Federline, in a six degress of Kevin Bacon sort of way.

#220875 - 02/10/07 09:03 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Quote:

I also find it interesting that America currently has a female star more intelligent and successful than Monroe and Smith combined in Madonna. My point; if we are comparing someone with Monroe lets at least use someone with a fighting chance

Madonna couldn't sing or act her way out of a paper bag.

Evil Eve--Said:Madonna has been riding the coattails of Miss Monroe for years.
Agreed

You do the math.......>

"material girl" Madonna
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmW2XwU5dB4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKN7KMD1kQ&mode=related&search= "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" Marilyn

#220876 - 02/10/07 10:29 PM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
Quote:

I would like to take a moment to remember Anna Nicole Smith.

What for?

Just another idiot who died just as I predicted she had hours before the autopsy came out. It wasn't hard to figure out, based on her history.

If you disagree, fine. She was simply irresponsible. After doing a lot of homework on her, we're better off.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#220877 - 02/11/07 05:21 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: gypsy]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Gypsy,

Thank you for your reply.

While I understand your perspective I fear you may have missed the point. Material Girl was a spoof of Monroe. When later asked about the comparision between herself and Monroe, Madonna replied "she is God! though sadly a victim. I am not". Also if Madonna has been "riding the coatails (or more appropriately bra straps!) it has not been Monroe but Mae West and Marlene Dietrich.

Sincerely,
Prince Of Babalon

#220878 - 02/11/07 06:27 AM Re: R.I.P [Re: ]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

No I didn't miss the point clearly you are obsessed with Madonna and so be it. (What are you 16yrs old?) But Spoof or no spoof (and that's questionable in itself) you can't deny it is what put her over the top.
And oh please....Madonna could re-invent herself 9,999,999 times and wouldn't even come close to possessing the glamour or talent of the beautiful and exotic Marlene Dietrich. I won't even mention the notorious Mae West in the same breath.

Ciao-

Church of Satan

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43973 Topics
405995 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements